Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

American Airlines oversea flight

Hi simmers 😉

My last long haul - Flightplan: IFR MD-11_Boston Logan Airport (KBOS) to Strachowice (EPWR) Poland RW29  Flighttime: 7h 22m

spacer.png

Depart at KBOS..

spacer.png

spacer.png

in flight

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

real life flight so my apporach was at night..

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 9

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Fantastic flight, my friend !!

• Like 4

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

Fantastic flight, my friend !!

Thanks buddy !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Great shots! I’d love to know what the story is with the real-life flight, though —let’s just say that Boston-Wrocław doesn’t seem like the most obvious route to support an MD-11 worth of regular passengers. Even less so back when AAL flew the MD-11. 🙂 

• Like 2

Very much enjoyed this long flight PM.  I’m astonished that you can sit there for so many hours.

• Like 3

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Great shots! I’d love to know what the story is with the real-life flight, though —let’s just say that Boston-Wrocław doesn’t seem like the most obvious route to support an MD-11 worth of regular passengers. Even less so back when AAL flew the MD-11. 🙂 

Sorry i think i took the wrong words, i should write only live flight, I related that to the landing at night, which automatically results from that live flight, the daytime pictures of the landing would probably have been nicer there.

So no i think the MD-11 never flown this flight, you right.

But by the way, do you know a website where i can find real world flights/flightplans from the MD-11 ?

Unfortunately my search was unsuccessful about that..

cheers 😉

• Like 2

spacer.png

Super Series of The 3 Hole 

• Like 3

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

7 hours ago, pmplayer said:

Sorry i think i took the wrong words, i should write only live flight, I related that to the landing at night, which automatically results from that live flight, the daytime pictures of the landing would probably have been nicer there.

Ah, ok! That makes much more sense. 🙂 

For historic flights in general, by far the best resource is FlightSim Dispatch (https://flightsimdispatch.com). Digging through old timetables can be fun sometimes, but sometimes you just want the data pulled out! It allows you to search by aircraft type, airline, airports, date — super powerful and pretty intuitive.

James

• Like 1

5 hours ago, honanhal said:

Ah, ok! That makes much more sense. 🙂 

For historic flights in general, by far the best resource is FlightSim Dispatch (https://flightsimdispatch.com). Digging through old timetables can be fun sometimes, but sometimes you just want the data pulled out! It allows you to search by aircraft type, airline, airports, date — super powerful and pretty intuitive.

James

Thank you very much for this Information and link James  👍 -  much appreciated ! 

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Interesting stuff, PMP. I do find myself fascinated by this beast. I'd never really noticed before how far forward the engines hang from the wings. I need to do some visual comparisons with some of the other aircraft but they look like they're mounted much further forward on this.

Couple of questions. I can't figure out what's happening in that first shot - it looks like there's a container ship up at almost the same altitude as your plane - I can't figure what sort of perspective would get this shot.

And second, do you actually do a flight like this in real time or do you get it going and stick the sim into 32x speed or something? If you do realtime, presumably you go away and do other stuff? And if you speed the sim up, is it reliable or does weird stuff happen if you leave it running at high speed for any length of time? Just curious, because I never do flights like this. but I'm sort of interested in trying it sometime. For actual flights, as opposed to my sightseeing, I tend to be just buzzing around at a few hundred feet in something small and manageable, for maybe 30-40 minutes at most, and still mostly just sightseeing.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Interesting stuff, PMP. I do find myself fascinated by this beast. I'd never really noticed before how far forward the engines hang from the wings. I need to do some visual comparisons with some of the other aircraft but they look like they're mounted much further forward on this.

Couple of questions. I can't figure out what's happening in that first shot - it looks like there's a container ship up at almost the same altitude as your plane - I can't figure what sort of perspective would get this shot.

And second, do you actually do a flight like this in real time or do you get it going and stick the sim into 32x speed or something? If you do realtime, presumably you go away and do other stuff? And if you speed the sim up, is it reliable or does weird stuff happen if you leave it running at high speed for any length of time? Just curious, because I never do flights like this. but I'm sort of interested in trying it sometime. For actual flights, as opposed to my sightseeing, I tend to be just buzzing around at a few hundred feet in something small and manageable, for maybe 30-40 minutes at most, and still mostly just sightseeing.

Hi Andy,

First of all, i doeing all my flights without any time compression always real time flights !

The first shot was taken right after taking off from the runway, the camera was set slightly at an angle and to the right of the aircraft and in the foreground was the harbor or something with this container ship that can be seen in the shot.

@ If you do realtime, presumably you go away and do other stuff?

Yes that is what i am doeing, and from time to time i am looking if everthing goes fine ( but should be with an AP on flight )

And no, i do not speed the Sim up because it could be not stable this way - i think 2x work but more ??

Hope this answers your questions..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Hi PMP,

thanks for that. Fascinated by that first shot. I'll have to go to Boston and have a look around (it's one of my fave areas anyway, so about time I had another visit there).

I think I may have to cheat if I ever decide to try long haul. Apart from anything else, my landing technique with the big iron is a bit, shall we say, random and I'd hate to come back to the sim after eight hours and end up putting the plane straight into a ditch or whatever. Can't decide whether I admire you long haul guys or think you're crazy <grin>. (Actually, doing it the way you do makes sense, but I get the feeling there are some folk who do actually fly all the way. I'd just as soon watch paint dry, but as we've said before, we're all different and the sim caters for us all rather wonderfully)

On the other hand, if someone were to put together a long haul flight on the old Led Zeppelin or Rolling Stones basis, complete with realistic on-board entertainment, that would be an interesting experience. Probably wouldn't be allowed to post screenshots though (but I'll keep an eye on Flightsim.to in case that inspires someone to get working on it!)

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

12 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi PMP,

thanks for that. Fascinated by that first shot. I'll have to go to Boston and have a look around (it's one of my fave areas anyway, so about time I had another visit there).

I think I may have to cheat if I ever decide to try long haul. Apart from anything else, my landing technique with the big iron is a bit, shall we say, random and I'd hate to come back to the sim after eight hours and end up putting the plane straight into a ditch or whatever. Can't decide whether I admire you long haul guys or think you're crazy <grin>. (Actually, doing it the way you do makes sense, but I get the feeling there are some folk who do actually fly all the way. I'd just as soon watch paint dry, but as we've said before, we're all different and the sim caters for us all rather wonderfully)

On the other hand, if someone were to put together a long haul flight on the old Led Zeppelin or Rolling Stones basis, complete with realistic on-board entertainment, that would be an interesting experience. Probably wouldn't be allowed to post screenshots though (but I'll keep an eye on Flightsim.to in case that inspires someone to get working on it!)

Andy, for me the most sense of Flightsimming is doeing long hauls with liners ( filling up my logbook with pilothours 🙃 ) and some people may say this is crazy, maybe i am and it is, but doing it that way is what I like best and most, others like other things about flying and Flightsimming. 

I would say, to each his own, best way, isn`t it ?

By the way at this moment i finished another 5h 24m flight with the MD-11 and i am just fine..🤗

cheers 😉

• Like 2

spacer.png