Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

MSFS Hangs on Syncing Data Screen

Until today MSFS has been running great until I tried to sign in today.

I get stuck on the Syncing Data Screen and cannot move on.

I have tried to sign out of X Box and the Microsoft Store,reboot,then sign back in but cannot solve the problem and have tried this process on a number of occasions.

On one occasion I did did move on to the ASBO screen and asked me to sign into both X Box and Microsoft again and then I was just left with a Black Screen with the little 0 icon in the bottom right hand corner just hanging and do nothing.

Now at my wits end as to what could be suddenly causing me this problem and would welcome any help please.

Regards,

Michael

Michael Broom

Startup with clean community folder, that's the first troubleshooting step.

Thomas Derbyshire

Dunno about the Community folder. Had no probs today with a full community folder. Been having live weather issues for a several days though, now it's really slow loading, hanging on search for updates screen for ages and then satellite imagery is often not available. Earlier, no servers were available on the main screen

Suspect something server side going wrong.

Michael,

This happens to me from time to time and is a simple fix.  Pull your network cable from the PC and start the sim.  Then re-insert the network and try again.

I've been getting this lately as well. Simple PC restart has fixed it every time. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Found on MSFS Forums. Worked for me, hope it helps.

Check that you don’t have MSFS open, if so, close it.
Open the task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC).
Find the “Gaming Services” application and close it.
Start MSFS and enjoy your flight, without having to reset it or restart the pc.

• Like 3

Hi Michael  ....

Press Windows Key + i and go to apps, search for ''gaming services'' click ''advanced options'' and then select 'repair'

Do this for the XBox app too

Reboot your system and then fire MS2020 again

Hope this helps

Paul