Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

X-Plane 12 compatible small GA aircraft

I was disappointed to notice that none of my JustFlight Piper aircraft work presently in X-Plane 12 (I don't get any option to enter a product key and I can't start up the aircraft). I presume it's not working because either the plugin used is too old and not compiled for Apple Silicon or something needs to be updated for XP12.

Can anyone recommend some good small GA aircraft that are being actively supported for X-Plane 12 that either don't use plugins or have plugins that are being actively maintained/updated? 

• Like 1

I see the maule from vksylabs xp12 compatible

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Another vote for the Vskylabs Maule.

The JF Pipers are being updated by Thranda but it will be a while before they're ready.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, peroni said:

The JF Pipers are being updated by Thranda but it will be a while before they're ready.

That's good news, thanks. I checked the support thread, but just saw people waiting for some time

19 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I see the maule from vksylabs xp12 compatible

Thanks, this looks great. I know they're a very active developer on X-Plane 12 

There is a nice Piper Cub (Plus variants) available in the downloads area for XP12. Of course there is the Laminar default C172 which is pretty authentic all up and all the other little ones they have as default aircraft,

Not sure if you would count the Cessna 206 by Thranda (Payware) as a small aircraft but it is completely XP12 compatible and updated,

There is also  nice Beech A36 Bonanza,

The quirky AMC3-Bosbok (Italian military taildragger 2 seats),

The new Van RV-7 is also pretty good but not my cup of tea, 

There is also a very nice ex payware Robin updated and gifted to XPlaners for XP12 available ( I have downloaded it but yet to try it out busy with other things at the moment).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

All of the above plus vskylabs is on a promotional sale. I bought their R66. Really nice heli, but they also have 2 touring motor gliders and a few more GA.

From the org I also got a few ww2 warbirds for xp12. 

Edited by cagarini
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

Wondering why nobody mentioned the SIAI-Marchetti SF-260? It was both plane and rep plugin updated quite fast and work like a charm. For me still the most immersive small GA ever (at least in XP) and none else coming close.

Cheers T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, jcjimmy said:

tonywob:

I can recommend the Maule as well and it is still on sale - a bargain.

That's it, the Maule!!!! I was about to buy it too when I bought the R66. Vskylabs promotion.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

4 minutes ago, cagarini said:

That's it, the Maule!!!! I was about to buy it too when I bought the R66. Vskylabs promotion.

Only a chicken would fly the R66 !

Thanks guys.

I bought the Maule.. on sale at the moment. I asked the developer and he said it works fine on Apple chips as it doesn't use any plugins. I can confirm it seems to work great :cool:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonywob said:

Thanks guys.

I bought the Maule.. on sale at the moment. I asked the developer and he said it works fine on Apple chips as it doesn't use any plugins. I can confirm it seems to work great :cool:

Good addon ? 

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Good addon ? 

Yep... not had much time yet with it.. but I'm enjoying it so far

Aerobask has updated some of their aircraft for XP12. I have the DA50RG and the DA62.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

Aerobask is my favourite developer. I have all of their XP12 compatible aircraft and would recommend them without hesitation.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home