Sign in to follow this  
aeromastr

Community Sceneries

Hello all,

I need someone to tell me how to find and download airport scenery. I would love to get my hands on airports like DFW, Raleigh-Durham, Charlotte, and a few others. How do I fix it so that the airlines that fly into those airports are pretty accurate (i.e., the dominant carrier at DFW is American Airlines). 

Also, I would like to spruce up taxiway signs, taxiways, and runways in a way that looks more accurate. For example, I would love to see tire marks on runways. I'd also like to see more accurate taxiway signs and airport land markings.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Well !!! search for 

1, payware airport scenery, simarket , contrail, iniscene, in sim marketplace and plenty more besides 

,2, freeware airport scenery, Flightsim.TO

3, addon AI ( Airline traffic) , AIG, FSTL and FS Traffic 

4, better taxi signs etc , go to Justlight and search Black square taxi signs

also for better looking taxi ways and signs turn up your  Antialiasing 

your new to this arent you ? 😎

Edited by sonny147

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

... and you can easily modify/add/move taxisigns of stock airports  (and -less easily- tons of other things)  with the freeware Airport Design Editor (ADE). 

19 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

Well !!! search for 

1, payware airport scenery, simarket , contrail, iniscene, in sim marketplace and plenty more besides 

,2, freeware airport scenery, Flightsim.TO

3, addon AI ( Airline traffic) , AIG, FSTL and FS Traffic 

4, better taxi signs etc , go to Justlight and search Black square taxi signs

also for better looking taxi ways and signs turn up your  Antialiasing 

your new to this arent you ? 😎

@sonny147 

Thanks for the tips! I wouldn't say that I am new to flight simming. It's more accurate to say that I'm not all that savvy on add-ons and such. I was flying on MSFS back in the late 90s but stopped for many years. When I picked back up in more recent years, I was big into X-Plane.

As of three weeks ago, I'm back with MSFS. In both experiences, I wasn't working with powerful or high-end computers. Now I have an immensely powerful machine, and I'm looking to maximize my experience, which is why I'm starting to dabble a little bit with add-ons, etc.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, aeromastr said:

As of three weeks ago, I'm back with MSFS. In both experiences, I wasn't working with powerful or high-end computers. Now I have an immensely powerful machine, and I'm looking to maximize my experience, which is why I'm starting to dabble a little bit with add-ons, etc.

I know I echo the feelings of many that we're very glad you're here. The MSFS community is rapidly expanding by the day.

Every Thursday evening, Microsoft/Asobo releases a lengthy summary detailing all the new add-ons available for MSFS in the in-sim store -- many of them airports. This public blog is always posted as well here at the top of the MSFS forum, usually around 8PM. So be sure to check back for that.

@aeromastr, Tell us about your new equipment.

Edited by David Mills

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Hello, an enhanced DFW is available in one of the versions of MSFS (I can’t remember if it’s in the base sim or one of the premium/deluxe versions).  It won’t be as detailed as a payware option once one exists but better than a default airport.

FSDT has a payware version of Charlotte for purchase.  I’m not sure if there’s a RDU addon available.  Maybe from Feelthere?

For ai traffic two great free options are AIG (http://www.alpha-india.net) and FSLTL (https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com).  Both are great.

Generally speaking, spend some time poking around flightsim.to, a gold mine of free scenery.

Have fun and don’t be shy to ask questions here as you get settled back into flight simming!

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

6 hours ago, aeromastr said:

Hello all,

I need someone to tell me how to find and download airport scenery. I would love to get my hands on airports like DFW, Raleigh-Durham, Charlotte, and a few others. How do I fix it so that the airlines that fly into those airports are pretty accurate (i.e., the dominant carrier at DFW is American Airlines). 

Also, I would like to spruce up taxiway signs, taxiways, and runways in a way that looks more accurate. For example, I would love to see tire marks on runways. I'd also like to see more accurate taxiway signs and airport land markings.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Find mods here,  https://map.flightsim.to/

Install them with this,  https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

https://flightsim.to/file/14298/msfs-addons-linker-general-procedure

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, David Mills said:

I know I echo the feelings of many that we're very glad you're here. The MSFS community is rapidly expanding by the day.

Every Thursday evening, Microsoft/Asobo releases a lengthy summary detailing all the new add-ons available for MSFS in the in-sim store -- many of them airports. This public blog is always posted as well here at the top of the MSFS forum, usually around 8PM. So be sure to check back for that.

@aeromastr, Tell us about your new equipment.

@David Mills:

Thank you so much for your kind words and hospitality, sir. I'm excited to be back, and I plan on exploring as much as possible.
I appreciate your pointing out the available forthcoming details within this platform that will help me do just that.

So far, I love the energy I'm receiving from you and others. I can see that being a part of this platform is going to be an excellent experience. I tried to join MSFS discord but ran into a number of obstacles that made it difficult to get through. So I stopped trying. 

So, my computer specs are as follows:

Windows 11, i9-13900K, RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5, 2TB Solid State drive, two 28" monitors. 

NOTE: I am strongly considering VR. Just not sure which one would be the best to go with.

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aeromastr said:

So, my computer specs are as follows:

Windows 11, i9-13900K, RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5, 2TB Solid State drive, two 28" monitors.

WOW! You're going to make a lot of guys jealous here, including me!

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:15 PM, aeromastr said:

I need someone to tell me how to find and download airport scenery

Outside developers own sites, the main sources with a large choice are :

- the MS store that you access within the sim or through Steam if you have the Steam version of the sim , mostly payware.

-  the https://map.flightsim.to site mostly freeware

- Orbx Direct https://orbxdirect.com mostly payware

- Simmarket https://secure.simmarket.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-page-1.chtml only payware

All addons must be put dezipped into the Community folder.

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam