Sign in to follow this  
gear_d0wn1256

PMDG 737 Parking Brake Issue

Wondering if anyone has a similar issue. With any PMDG 737, I seem to have issue with the parking brake. I know they updated the logic to reflect the actual aircraft (depress pedal brakes and then release parking brake lever). However once I push back from the gate, or try to disengage the parking brake again. My brakes do not depress, and I cannot disengage the parking brake. I've tried keyboard commands, joystick commands you name it. I have no luck. Randomly the brake will finally allow me disengage. I have ZERO failures and turned off maint' intervals in the PMDG FMC. Any ideas? I don't use rudder pedals.  *This is specific to MSFS2020*

Just out of curiosity, have you tried it with no keybindings on any device, and pressing it in-game?

• Upvote 1

You might have to go into the maintenance menu in the  FMC and top-up the brake fluid (or whatever the label is) I've experienced a situation where the flaps wouldn't extend for take off, I remedied the problem through the aforementioned maintenance section.

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

15 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried it with no keybindings on any device, and pressing it in-game?

I have not. Although that's not the issue so it seems.... I actually lose my pedal brakes for what seems to be minutes on end (can see in the VC, they do not even move or actuate), therefore I cannot even click the parking brake using a mouse and no key bindings to release it per the real world logic thats integrated. 

7 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

You might have to go into the maintenance menu in the  FMC and top-up the brake fluid (or whatever the label is) I've experienced a situation where the flaps wouldn't extend for take off, I remedied the problem through the aforementioned maintenance section.

It's every single flight, and I also have Failures and Service Intervals turned off in the FMC PMDG Menu. That's why Im scratching my head. And EVEN attempting to use PMDG Maint service all fluids does not work. 

I had the same issue and couldn't find any solution. Solved it removing rudder and brakes axes from FSUIPC and assigning these axes in MSFS. So FSUIPC was the problem here. If you use FSUIPC you can check it.

Adrian

Just now, AdiR said:

I had the same issue and couldn't find any solution. Solved it removing rudder and brakes axes from FSUIPC and assigning these axes in MSFS. So FSUIPC was the problem here. If you use FSUIPC you can check it.

I do not use FSUIPC so I'm baffled. 

I find that when I press the brakes using the rudder pedals, if I don't press them all the way ( like 100% braking, ) the parking brake will not release. Check  your calibration for your brake pedals, and make sure they go to 100%

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have a hard time pressing my pedals full for long enough to engage/disengage the parking brake.  The workaround I read elsewhere is to assign a key to wheel brakes (I use the . Key for nostalgia) and press that when you need to release the brakes.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No troubles here, FWIW

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

That one change to the brake has made the PMDG 737 totally unuseable on my sim.

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

That one change to the brake has made the PMDG 737 totally unuseable on my sim.

Why is that?

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, matsout said:

I Also have this problem, I have no solution yet. it did work but then suddenly stopped.

Post this on the PMDG forum.  https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-for-msfs

I had this problem. Then I used the Toolbar Pushback button to unlock the brakes. Then, later, the problem just went away.

Petraeus