Sign in to follow this  
JetCat

Hotstart the Challenger with XP11 or XP12?

Greetings pilots,

the Hotstart Challenger has now fully convinced me, but it is not yet clear which simulator will be the best platform for this (ultimate) masterpiece of a simulated airplane that was ever been developed. The Hotstart Challenger goes beyond the Fenix Airbus, amazing and I always thought the Fenix is the ultimate aircraft simulation.

What would you recommend as platform for the Challenger from the perspective of a graphics hound that aims not only for the best simulation but great visuals too, getting an older but fully established platform with full mod-support like XP11 where I can get OrbX scenery, national park and forest enhancements, volumetric clouds thanks to Enhanced Cloudscapes addon, and dozens of other mods and goodies...

Or step into the brandnew XP12 with beautyful new graphics effects, nice rain wet asphalt nicer airports and more, but being stuck with a kinda boring and simple looking default scenery for months because it will take an eternity until OrbX Canada for XP12 is finally released?

Thank you for the compliments.

If you have both XP11 and XP12, why not purchase the XP11 version, and get the XP12 version for free?  

We updated the XP11 version for XP12, at no charge.

• Like 2

Been flying it in XP-12 with, mostly no problems.  It did CTD when trying to replay the landing but, other than that it works fine for me..

Anyone know if the HS TBM 900 is working in 12 yet?  I know Toto has been working on it but haven't heard anything about progress. 

• Like 2

Bill Alderson

1 hour ago, Bill Alderson said:

Anyone know if the HS TBM 900 is working in 12 yet?  I know Toto has been working on it but haven't heard anything about progress. 

Should be : Anyone know when TBM 900 will be out for XP12 so that I can finally retire my XP11!

• Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Bjoern said:

XP12 hands down. Have not spent a single second actually flying in XP11 since the first public beta of 12.

Same for me.

• Like 3

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

10 hours ago, JetCat said:

Greetings pilots,

the Hotstart Challenger has now fully convinced me, but it is not yet clear which simulator will be the best platform for this (ultimate) masterpiece of a simulated airplane that was ever been developed. The Hotstart Challenger goes beyond the Fenix Airbus, amazing and I always thought the Fenix is the ultimate aircraft simulation.

What would you recommend as platform for the Challenger from the perspective of a graphics hound that aims not only for the best simulation but great visuals too, getting an older but fully established platform with full mod-support like XP11 where I can get OrbX scenery, national park and forest enhancements, volumetric clouds thanks to Enhanced Cloudscapes addon, and dozens of other mods and goodies...

Or step into the brandnew XP12 with beautyful new graphics effects, nice rain wet asphalt nicer airports and more, but being stuck with a kinda boring and simple looking default scenery for months because it will take an eternity until OrbX Canada for XP12 is finally released?

I have XP11 with all the Orbx TrueEarth sceneries installed.  All I have done is linked to those sceneries in XP12, so you can fly with them in XP12.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

4 hours ago, Bjoern said:

XP12 hands down. Have not spent a single second actually flying in XP11 since the first public beta of 12.

think Ive had more "fun" in XP12 over the last few months than I did out of the entire run of XP11.

So as much as I love to hate XP11, got to agree XP12 hands down.

Oh, also:

• Like 3

AutoATC Developer

is the hotstart 100% VR compatible, and with no VR controllers required but all mouse controllable?

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Thank you for all the tips! And especially the tip with linking the OrbX scenery to XP12 is important because nice satellite images is important for immersion. I have seen on the OrbX website that all stuff is only available for XP11 that´s why I thought XP11 might be the better choice.

So this means for example this one:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/us-washington-xp11

(dedicated only for XP11) will work in XP12? 🙂 Wonderful!

• Like 1