Sign in to follow this  
regis9

YouTube Video on MSFS Bug That Could be Impacting Landings

I found this really interesting and it helps explain why I always seem to come in high / have a much harder time landing smoothly than I did in P3D.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

That's since day 1, though. I suggest handflying with from 1000 feet on and ignore the glideslope and PAPIs from about 300 feet on and just fly visually onto the markers. Works well if weather permits. As for every other situation, if you recognize your glidepath is too high, just focus on another aiming point further down the touchdown zone and you can land just as smoothly. Of course you'll have less runway available but since braking action in MSFS is basically always perfect you'll never run out of runway.
It's annoying, yes, and sometimes outright confusing, but it is what it is. I try to do more visual approaches than I'd usually do, it's a good training.

I posted that a couple of hours ago. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Do we know if there is an official post made on the Asobo forums about this? This is the perfect evidence we need to have Asobo reply back to us and tell us why this is happening. I knew it wasn't me all this time. 

• Upvote 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I thought is issue with some add-one airports?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I believe this is airport dependent as ignoring papi's at my airport will get you tied up in the electrical lines that you must fly over just moments before touchdown. Some airports tend to be more inaccurate than others.

Edited by hangar

There was a thread about this recently where some seemed to think this was in some of our heads.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Assuming ILS approach:1000 feet autopilot off, 200 AGL eye focus to aiming point then round up and touch down. I think it works great for me in MSFS

I think GA crowd dominates here. Tons of approaches without ILS and PAPIs LOL Just stick, rudder and good pair of eye balls LOL (below KAVX up slope runway create illusion that you high but you are not) 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Good to know this. I thought i was going something wrong because the papis have me off the touchdown zone 90% of the time if i follow them. 

I ignore the papi and just try to keep the touchdown target glued to a spot on the windscreen. My instructor taught me that an object that doesn't change position in the field of view is on a collision trajectory (doesn't matter if it's moving or stationary).

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB