Sign in to follow this  
Kalnon

FSLabs Aircraft for P3Dv5.3?

5 hours ago, Daube said:

I see exactly what you mean about the planes flying like toys, and I shared the same feeling at first. But on the other hand, it was the first time I could feel similar "shakes" as I did IRL back when I was skydiving from Pilatus PC-6 on sunny summer days. I still remember, sometimes the plane was shaking so violently that most of us stopped talking and started fastening the googles, helmets etc... to be ready to jump out any time 😄 In MSFS was the first time I could see something comparable, at least visually, to what I felt in these planes. 

To get back on the Airbuses, the default FSX one was an A321, not a A319 😉 And the modeling of its FBW system was pretty poor, as far as I remember, so I wouldn't waste too much efforts in that one. For the MSFS one, don't forget to download and install the "FBW" mod for it: https://flybywiresim.com/. You download their application, which will then install the mod (both for the A320 and the B747) for you.

Concerning the Boeings, your experience with the many XPlane study level aircraft is probably way better than what you can currently get with the freeware Boeing mod, I think. I mean, that mod is great, especially since it's freeware, but I don't think it matches the addons you have been enjoying in XPlane until now. For the same reason, I do not think it would be worth it to spend your money on the PMDG Boeings on P3D. Of course the addons are great, probably the best ones in fact.... but I wonder if such an investment would really be justified in P3D, given the planes you already own in XPlane ? 😕

If you also use X-Plane 11 or 12 I strongly recommend this add-on here called XPRealistic V2: XPRealistic v2-rkapps-xppro2 (x-plane.org)  It's even better than the shaking like engine vibrations, head/body movements, etc. that MSFS offers.  You just need to adjust the settings to make it feel right but once you have it set up right, it brings flying in X-Plane to a whole new level of realism.  Some people complain flying in X-Plane feels like flying on rails, well this add-on completely fixes that.

Thanks for the FBW mod, I didn't know about that, I'll definitely try it.  And I know the FSX Airbus is ancient technology but flying it really brought me back to the good old days, I still use FSX:SE sometimes to fly classic planes that don't exist for any other platform I own, like the A2A B377 Stratocruiser for example.

I know I own a lot of Boeings (I also have a big collection of Cessna's from the C140 to jets like the Citation 550 and everything in between) but I still want at least one or two for P3D as I enjoy both platforms for different reasons.  I know I own a lot of planes and spent a lot of money collecting them but can you really ever have too many planes? I want to experience as many aircraft as possible for both platforms.

Edited by Kalnon

Well, since you are not just "lightly in touch" with XP12, then Toliss really is the way to go, It's "study level" for sure, I can do like 80% of the real world simulator training drill on it. And performance is like 1.5~2 times better than zibo737.

It's still not cheap at $90 per plane, but you can pick 319 or 321, or wait 320neo in Mar.20, and they do have discount every now and then(unlike FSL, I have never seen they on discount), they just got one on anniversary, too bad you missed it....

ofc, you can always try FBW320X in MSFS for free, you can dislike it but it's risk free anyway.

Don't bother any other payware small buses other than FSL, Toliss(FF320 is kinda shell over Toliss so maybe) or Fenix, at least for desktop consumer level, got one of these three or freeware FBW, or even XP12's default A330 is better than some.

For starters, not complaining about FSLabs airbus as i am a satisfied user, although still a bit confused and worried about the fact that it has been a (very) long time that i saw any updates for the Airbus series... no need for worries ??

1 hour ago, Pluto7777 said:

For starters, not complaining about FSLabs airbus as i am a satisfied user, although still a bit confused and worried about the fact that it has been a (very) long time that i saw any updates for the Airbus series... no need for worries ??

As far as I know, because they don’t say much, they’re working on Concorde for P3D v5. Thereafter I haven’t a clue. I would imagine they’ll produce their fleet for MSFS but as to timeline and priority only they can say.

It looks like the delivery of 64-bit Concorde for P3D has slipped from Q1 2023 as it’s yet to go to beta testing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thx for reaction Ray, i respect their focus on Concorde, but i am not a fan, many persons bought the FSL airbus so i think the airbusses were a good selling and lucrative product for the company and as even the best cars  need a regular service, so does this product in my opinion... otherwise i get the irrepressible feeling of an EOL , discontinued product with minimum priority...

@Pluto7777, they'll have to produce the Airbus fleet for MSFS if they want to survive. As for any further updates for the P3D versions perhaps they'll be limited to the installers for v6. Just my guess of course.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Your guess is the truth i think.... indeed ; in a while... MSFS will rule flight-sim world.... after all, no one can beat their assets...

Edited by Pluto7777

24 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

in a while... MSFS will rule flight-sim world.... after all, no one can beat their assets...

Not for this user. I'm perfectly happy with P3D.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

Thx for reaction Ray, i respect their focus on Concorde, but i am not a fan, many persons bought the FSL airbus so i think the airbusses were a good selling and lucrative product for the company and as even the best cars  need a regular service, so does this product in my opinion... otherwise i get the irrepressible feeling of an EOL , discontinued product with minimum priority...

And yet, if that were the case, why is their Airbus still priced at super premium levels?

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

19 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

And yet, if that were the case, why is their Airbus still priced at super premium levels?

It's not just aircraft. I asked Aerosoft why the P3D version of Gran Canaria was 50% more expensive than the MSFS version. As you can see Mathijs dodged the question. I cannot recall when Aerosoft last had a sale.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/175696-simwings-gran-canaria-p3d-version-50-more-expensive-why/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

IIRC, in (one of) the first announcement for the Concorde, an announcement for the Airbus A32xneo was also included. But nothing heard and read about it anymore at Flightsimlabs.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

As anyone could see coming a mile away, it looks like the Concorde release target has slipped past Q1. Now they are merely "aiming" to get into beta by the end of this month. 

Edited by Chapstick

19 hours ago, Pluto7777 said:

What do you mean no updates? There have been two updates released in the last month one last week. Are you using the FSlabs Control Center for aircraft maintenance etc? Its one of the best maintained addons we have.

Edited by DEHowie
  • Like 1

Darren Howie

4 hours ago, DEHowie said:

What do you mean no updates? There have been two updates released in the last month one last week. Are you using the FSlabs Control Center for aircraft maintenance etc? Its one of the best maintained addons we have.

I think those were internal builds 😊

But yes, an update for our P3D Airbus titles is in final testing. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 7:19 PM, MachTwo said:

I think those were internal builds 😊

But yes, an update for our P3D Airbus titles is in final testing. 

☺️

Edited by DEHowie

Darren Howie