Sign in to follow this  
Ryanmlt1

Current status of the FSS E175, is it any better?

4 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

appreciate it, was ready to buy, but I think will pass, don't want to have another Captain Sim version from those FSX days.

The CRJ is pretty close to reality (though with the usual Aerosoft glitchiness). It just doesn't have VNAV in real life either.
As for the E-Jets you might want to wait if/when they'll do VNAV (maybe in a year?). If/when they do it, it can be a very good product.

I bought it months ago to support them. I really want a good embrear. I dont feel it will be a captainsim product. They are pretty clear what works and update every month. I fly it sometimes and still needs work. Mostly what i mis is vnav and land systems. Sounds are pretty good and the modeling also. 

On 11/13/2023 at 11:01 PM, jarmstro said:

The JF 146 uses the default MS2020 FMS.

It doesn't, it uses a custom version of the PL21 FMS from the old CJ4 mod. That FMS is actually pretty close in operation to the Collins FMS option.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:01 PM, jarmstro said:

I do not understand why it's so impossibly difficult to do?

Of course, everyone is thinking of the UNS-1 option, which was what most ended up with. I would say from a pilot's perspective, yes, it is more primitive, but from a developer perspective if I was spec'ing dev time for that I'd say a good 30 person-months or so to build.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 3:02 PM, MattNischan said:

It doesn't, it uses a custom version of the PL21 FMS from the old CJ4 mod. That FMS is actually pretty close in operation to the Collins FMS option.

It's still a default FMC.I don't know either way but why does it take nigh on three years to code something so simple? It's just maths and formulae? Others have done it including WT without it taking three years?

Edited by jarmstro

28 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

It's still a default FMC.I don't know either way but why does it take nigh on three years to code something so simple? It's just maths and formulae? Others have done it including WT without it taking three years?

I don't think they're capable of doing it, let's wait and see. There's no real progress for a couple of months now, just some bugfixes...

Matej Stavanja

The plane flies beautiful thus far with everything else....they got this in a bag I'm sure!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

48 minutes ago, hollow1slo said:

I don't think they're capable of doing it, let's wait and see. There's no real progress for a couple of months now, just some bugfixes...

Was saying this in the initial thread when this was first released. They have no history or track record of delivering a complex airliner, and something with so much automation is an incredibly difficult thing to do right. The company that brought you the SeaRey with default avionics and a few subpar sceneries is not likely to be able to produce a complex airliner.

As the E190 and E175 rank among my favorite airplanes, and I fly on the E175 almost weekly, I'm not really in the mood for "I told you so," I just wish another company would pick it up and do it justice some time down the line. I'm not really interested in Airbus LNAV/VNAV code jammed into an Embraer especially when that code is being written by Aerosoft with their history of "great" Airbus products.

Ugh.

• Upvote 1