Sign in to follow this  
Ryanmlt1

Current status of the FSS E175, is it any better?

I was holding out on purchasing the Early Access FSS E175 while they continued dev and worked out some bugs. I heard recently that it was a frame hog so I continued putting the purchase off.  Im getting very itchy for a RJ in the fleet.  Does anyone have current experience on how its performing and would you recommend getting now or wait for further dev?  Is it still buggy and a frame hog?  Do we have an official changelog I can view?   I'm having a hard time locating it.  

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

Yes on there 0.95 revision 2 experimental, I am getting very good fps. With all screens on and taxi/flying. Did a small hop from LOWS to LOWI and it was a really good flight. System spec depending.

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

34 minutes ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

Do we have an official changelog I can view?

https://www.flightsim-studio.com/ejets-roadmap/ Click on the various versions to see the release notes.

0.9.5rev2 released today and the stuttering seems fixed and fps are almost to where they should be on my rig, 35-40fps. MCDU and FMS get the job done but still need work. Autopilot is flying an ILS approach, altho I've just done one flight so I'll say "to be determined."

You can program a route and the AP will fly it nicely, but you gotta watch out for waypoints that are not the ones you want. Little Navmap helps building routes to avoid using duplicate waypoint, vor, intersection, etc.

I'm not sorry I bought into this early release plane. Devs are on time with their releases so far and are active on their discord.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

47 minutes ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

I was holding out on purchasing the Early Access FSS E175 while they continued dev and worked out some bugs. I heard recently that it was a frame hog so I continued putting the purchase off.  Im getting very itchy for a RJ in the fleet.  Does anyone have current experience on how its performing and would you recommend getting now or wait for further dev?  Is it still buggy and a frame hog?  Do we have an official changelog I can view?   I'm having a hard time locating it.  

Thanks!

I'm happy with it, as it offers you the possibility of flying a different aircraft like the e-Jet. The FPS issues are getting a high priority now and FSS is working on them. There are some workarounds in case FPS is an issue on your system, like turning off co-pilot's screens, but as Riah069 mentioned, it would depend on your system specs.

The documentation can be found here:

https://docs.flightsim-studio.com/docs/e-jet-series

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

Thanks!

I haven't bought into it but I know if it becomes decent I probably will.

Systems-wise, if you're expecting something even on par with the Wilco E170 from so many years ago, you will be disappointed immensely. It's like a very pretty default aircraft.

It is very pretty though. I've been following development on their discord, and so far no signs of the FMS code coming. There are too many items on the roadmap still, a lot of which are "awaiting FMS back end code," and I don't think that there's a guarantee if or when we'll see that.

I appreciate the updates from the early adopters!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

8 hours ago, mspencer said:

I haven't bought into it but I know if it becomes decent I probably will.

Systems-wise, if you're expecting something even on par with the Wilco E170 from so many years ago, you will be disappointed immensely. It's like a very pretty default aircraft.

It is very pretty though. I've been following development on their discord, and so far no signs of the FMS code coming. There are too many items on the roadmap still, a lot of which are "awaiting FMS back end code," and I don't think that there's a guarantee if or when we'll see that.

Thats harsh.   No way its below the Wilco E170. A little more complexity than Wilco for sure.  You havnt bought it yet so perhaps try it out before comparing it to Wilco.  Yes there is quite some work to do, but its quite functional with an A to B flight.  

FPS is getting better, and the updates are coming as promised.   Be on your toes is all as a pilot.   Sometimes it has a mind of its own as far as navigation or sensitivity, so you make a correction and its back on course.  VNAV will come but I'm sure that is minimum 6 months away.  Had no issues planning descent using FLCH or VS, just do your calculations.  

One thing to note, they have moved to a stable and experimental branch workflow. So when you install the Aerosoft  one installer, it will default to the older "stable" version.   For better fps , choose experimental 0.9.5

Nice to have an Ejet in MSFS albeit quite an early state. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Performance is much improved with the experimental branch. It's now flyable. The displays locked up on approach though...

11 hours ago, mspencer said:

Systems-wise, if you're expecting something even on par with the Wilco E170 from so many years ago, you will be disappointed immensely.

Wilco?.....of all payware Wilco?

the-world_s-top-10-best-images-of-laughi

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

7 minutes ago, bobterri said:

Question.  How do you choose the "experimental branch" in Aerosoft One?

You will need to uninstall the plane first in Aerosoft One. Only then will the "install 0.9.5 experimental" be available to install. Look for it in smaller letters.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

7 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Thats harsh.   No way its below the Wilco E170. A little more complexity than Wilco for sure.  You havnt bought it yet so perhaps try it out before comparing it to Wilco.

Are you actually familiar with the original E-Jets series? Wilco had nothing to do with the development. The E-Jets series was designed and developed by a highly skilled team at Feelthere. The aircraft had far more complexity and realism than most users appreciated, because those users never understood that E-Jets are not like Boeings. Wilco's only involvement was in marketing the product.

If you are thinking about the Virtualcol E-Jets for FSX/P3D then they were indeed a very basic development, below some of the default FSX aircraft, but nothing to do with Wilco or FeelThere..

5 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Wilco?.....of all payware Wilco?

Best to check the facts before rubbishing something, although I might agree with your feelings about some Wilco developments.

• Like 1

John B

So 2 months after release it finally turned from "no systems depth, bad FPS" to "no systems depth, acceptable FPS"? I'm sure this achievement was only possible thanks to the unwailing early adopters and their well invested money.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

Are you actually familiar with the original E-Jets series? Wilco had nothing to do with the development. The E-Jets series was designed and developed by a highly skilled team at Feelthere.

Oh, that's what you mean. I only remember them (very fondly) as Feelthere E-Jets, and you are right, they were excellent. It was my first payware jet and I learned FMC programming on those models 🙂 

• Like 1