Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

KPHX By BMWorld & AmSim RELEASED

I agree, this scenery is of excellent quality...I'm sure Mir of Flightbeam is not happy about this release.

Darryl

It does look pretty good from the screenshots. It would be great if those who pick it up chime in with some comments about its quality and performance. I am certainly interested in having Phoenix but I also got kind of burned on CYYZ picking up Reg Designs version that was really accurate and well modelled but turned my simulator into a stutter fest -- Fly Tampa's runs really well. 

As for Flightbeam, I really appreciate their work and it really is of the best quality you can find, but there are a lot more people involved in this hobby now, more people creating -- look at  just how many active freeware creators have emerged -- and I think the days of announcing an airport and then releasing it 3 years later is coming to an end. At the end of the day, there are only so many large airport hubs in the world and creators are going to be motivated to take a stab at them -- and I think that is a good thing.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Dan Scott

I picked it up. To be honest, it’s pretty good. Surprisingly good, actually. Time will tell if my feelings are a result of being deprived of PHX or if it is truly as good as it looks to me right now. 

• Upvote 2

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

1 minute ago, CaptBmckay said:

I picked it up. To be honest, it’s pretty good. Surprisingly good, actually. Time will tell if my feelings are a result of being deprived of PHX or if it is truly as good as it looks to me right now. 

How is FPS?

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, tubbsds1 said:

Does it have any static aircraft and if so can they be toggled off?

I didn’t notice any static aircraft at all. Don’t quote me on it, but during my test I didn’t see any on the North side of the airport. 

• Like 1

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

9 minutes ago, kiwikat said:

How is FPS?

Well that’s difficult to answer as I have a 4090, I9 13th gen, 128gb of ram. It was incredible in terms of performance for me, but to be fair, I wanted to include my personal specs as results may vary. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I just bought one. Quickly circled it on a drone. No stuttering. Excellent optimization. The difference with the default airport is only 8 FPS. Looks amazing. This is the best representation of Phoenix in the history of simulations. There are no static aircraft. Apparently on the screenshots the traffic is FSLTL. Scheduled a short flight from Los Angeles for the evening.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Flying-Hare said:

This is the best representation of Phoenix in the history of simulations.

Wow that is setting the bar high! I'll have to see more reviews before I pick it up. I really enjoyed the Flightbeam P3D one back in the day, we will see how this stacks up when Flightbeam releases theirs's for MSFS

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

3 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

I just bought one. Quickly circled it on a drone. No stuttering. Excellent optimization. The difference with the default airport is only 8 FPS. Looks amazing. This is the best representation of Phoenix in the history of simulations. There are no static aircraft. Apparently on the screenshots the traffic is FSLTL. Scheduled a short flight from Los Angeles for the evening.

I definitely agree. It really is the best rendition of PHX. I wonder what Flightbeam will do now. 

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

First impression- Solid B+ or maybe A- in my book. Great performance, a couple visual bugs that can be easily fixed. Unless the flightbeam one makes me breakfast too, I am perfectly happy with this one and will not spend any more money on PHX. Great job!

Edited by kiwikat
  • Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Mets737 said:

we will see how this stacks up when Flightbeam releases theirs's

1 hour ago, CaptBmckay said:

I wonder what Flightbeam will do now. 

If Mir has any business acumen, he'll move onto a different scenery. Given the positive remarks here on AmSim/BMW's version, there's no point spending (further) time on a competitor scenery any time soon.

KSFO needs finishing fast and he'd better be well along the way with KMSP. As mentioned earlier, gone are the days of a developer 'planting a flag' regarding upcoming products and having free rein to take years in delivering them, while other quality developers steer clear.

Too many new developers have arrived on the scene and are delivering high-quality add-ons. (FlyTampa take note!)

I'm interested to see such positive comments. IIRC, their KSEA was good, but wasn't considered a 'must-have'. If AmSim/BMW have seriously upped their game, then that's great news for us flight simmers and I look forward to seeing what comes next from them.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I’m glad to see another developer release a high quality scenery for 2020. I’ve been waiting for a good KPHX for sometime. Now I don’t have to wait on FB anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro