Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Beautiful Models of the World - What's the Latest ?

Just wondering what exactly is happening here ?

I was tempted a few years back, but never bothered. But just visited the site, clicked on "Membership" and was told that membership will be available soon. However, when I chose an airport, clicked on "Pay for membership 32e", I was presented with an application page to join ?

So not totally sure what's going on ?

I received an email from bmworld on 1st of March:

Hello, pilots!

Good news, everyone! All airports are unlocked !

Even though I am still sanctioned by PayPal and unable to register new members on my site, I am opening all airports for old BMWorld members.
Thanks to everyone who supported me. Thank you for your patience. I hope that you are satisfied with the result of the money invested.
I'm not standing still, and continue to work in a new format. I joined forces with AmSim and now we are creating more ambitious projects that are available on ORBX and the Marketplace.
Please note that Venice Airport has been updated.
I wish you all a peaceful sky and pleasant flights!

Happy first day of spring everyone!

Welcome: https://beautifulmodelworld.com/

Best regards, Alexey.

• Like 4

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

1 hour ago, Seth2021 said:

I received an email from bmworld on 1st of March:

Hello, pilots!

Good news, everyone! All airports are unlocked !

Even though I am still sanctioned by PayPal and unable to register new members on my site, I am opening all airports for old BMWorld members.
Thanks to everyone who supported me. Thank you for your patience. I hope that you are satisfied with the result of the money invested.
I'm not standing still, and continue to work in a new format. I joined forces with AmSim and now we are creating more ambitious projects that are available on ORBX and the Marketplace.
Please note that Venice Airport has been updated.
I wish you all a peaceful sky and pleasant flights!

Happy first day of spring everyone!

Welcome: https://beautifulmodelworld.com/

Best regards, Alexey.

So, it would seem that the ability to join when viewing of an airport hasn't been disabled and is in conflict with the home page. 

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to drag open an old thread, but I'm curious if those who bought the membership have received any recent communications regarding project updates or the future of the website.  I've noticed that many airports have gotten updates recently on various online stores, but the BMWorld website still indicates older versions.  Just this morning I read that iniBuilds will start selling BMWorld airports, and that KMRY is at v1.5, yet for BMWorld members, you still get v1.2.  Other airports like Poprad, and Rimini seem to be differing in version numbers between online stores and the website.

Does anyone know if the membership website is over with and those of us who paid are on our own, or is there some delay in updating?  Any info would be great.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, JayViation said:

Sorry to drag open an old thread, but I'm curious if those who bought the membership have received any recent communications regarding project updates or the future of the website.  I've noticed that many airports have gotten updates recently on various online stores, but the BMWorld website still indicates older versions.  Just this morning I read that iniBuilds will start selling BMWorld airports, and that KMRY is at v1.5, yet for BMWorld members, you still get v1.2.  Other airports like Poprad, and Rimini seem to be differing in version numbers between online stores and the website.

Does anyone know if the membership website is over with and those of us who paid are on our own, or is there some delay in updating?  Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Yup, gained access a few months ago. He advised that all members could update their purchases. Just login, and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

4 hours ago, JayViation said:

Thanks!

It is over, he figured he can earn more by releasing single airports on various sites. And yes, unfortunately he won't give access to updates for membership-airports for the members.

Edited by Fiorentoni
orthography

3 hours ago, Car147 said:

Yup, gained access a few months ago. He advised that all members could update their purchases. Just login, and you should be good to go.

Thanks. I never received such an e-mail.

Update: I logged into my account but there are no download links. Is there a different link for downloads?

Edited by CFIJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

49 minutes ago, CFIJose said:

Thanks. I never received such an e-mail.

Update: I logged into my account but there are no download links. Is there a different link for downloads?

You need to click on one of the airports you want to download, there you weill see a green button saying "download", when you click you'll be redirected to dropbox where you can download it.

KMRY seems still to be on version 1.2, I have no idea if they are going to be updated or not. I would hope so.

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

It is over, he figured he can earn more by releasing single airports on various sites. And yes, unfortunately he won't give access to updates for membership-airports for the members.

Sorry to say, but that's rubbish, he relented months ago, and gave access back to all members affected. I think it cost me $20  for 24 airports  that are fantastic value... I guess you missed out. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Confirm.  I have access to the latest versions of all the airports I had downloaded while the membership was active.

• Like 1

gutted i wasn't a member already , i have a good few of their airports and find them really good on the whole

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

It looks like he’s no longer adding any new airports for members though?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

It looks like he’s no longer adding any new airports for members though?

That's true, he joined up with someone else. But still for $20 for at least 20 odd airports, each of which could easily have been charged close on $20 each, i am more than happy. Plus there still updated. 

39 minutes ago, Car147 said:

That's true, he joined up with someone else. But still for $20 for at least 20 odd airports, each of which could easily have been charged close on $20 each, i am more than happy. Plus there still updated. 

Sure, can't complain about value for money. Can complain that the agreement I signed up for was not limited to 20 airports, but I've had worse ROIs in my life...

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

11 hours ago, Car147 said:

Yeah, I went on there once I found out we could download sceneries again and updated everything, but I've noticed that it takes a while for new updates to get to the website.  Some outdated sceneries, like LZTT and LFML, were updated months ago on Orbx/Simmarket, while EDDW and KMRY were more recent.  BMWorld's website still doesn't reflect those updates.  Not sure what to make of it.

• Like 1