Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Antonov An-2 is available

This really is an incredible addon! I already enjoyed the FSX and P3D versions of the ATS AN-2. But the MSFS version is on an even higher lever. The visuals are spectacular, the system depth very good, the sounds are great and the flight dynamics are excellent. I haven't even found a bug yet. And all this for 10 bucks. It could be the deal of the year. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Absolute masterpiece! 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

The only issue I've seen so far is that the flaps don't appear to add much (if any) drag, so slowing down on approach is pretty difficult, especially for an airplane that's as draggy as the AN-2

Other than that, the flight model is great, and the 3d model (inside and outside) is top-notch, so the AN-2 is well worth the buy.

High attention to details

image.png?width=2235&height=1257

Here where you find your working windshield wipers

Flying club/airfield  "Chaika" aka Seagull. When I was growing up in Kyiv  it was number flying club to learn to fly 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Darn it! I can't read Russian!

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

VR Heaven!   Looks beautiful with DLSS Quality with my G2.  Waking up my muscle memory starting it, trained from the hours spent flying it in FSX.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Absolute masterpiece! 

As this is another Antonov, were these also built in Ukraine?  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I'm not sure what developer use as model as well as origin of that.  Back in my days living in Ukraine we have two factories located side by side. KMZ - which was Anotnov design company and KIAPO- which manufacturing facility for Antonov aircraft  serial production.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

High attention to details

Have you opened both the rear doors yet ? (There's a cargo door that contains a passenger door that open separately)

Edited by Matchstick

8 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Have you opened both the rear doors yet ? (There's a cargo door that contains a passenger door that open separately)

I haven't explored cabin yet. So far I only opened windows.

This seems like one of those addons that is really nice but I’m not sure what I’d do with it.

Probably won’t be able to resist though.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I believe there is only one door for pax and pilot. I was able to open it 🙂

58 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

An-2's were built in several locations.

The initial production run was largely in Kyiv, with further production happening in Russia (near Moscow), but a sizable proportion the total AN-2 production (about 13,000 of the 19,000 built) happened in Poland, with that line finally closing down in 1991. 

After 1991, low-rate production from existing spares happened in Poland, and there were also some AN-2's built under license in China.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, regis9 said:

This seems like one of those addons that is really nice but I’m not sure what I’d do with it.

Probably won’t be able to resist though.

Time to serve remote communities my friend 🙂

• Like 3