Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

How to view flightplans and charts

Hi, just got my HP reverb 2 vr headset and Im amazed by the immersion in msfs. However one thing that Im a bit bothered by is how to access the documents, like ths flightplan and charts and such

For example when to program the fmc in pmdg737... Wouldnt want to break the immersion to do these things by removing the headset... 

How do you handle these things? 

Niklas Eriksson

with the  charts  if  you got  nav  charts  there  is  a option  in the tool  bar where   you click  and  gui  will open  with your flight  plan,   with the  fmc   thats  a easy  one  just look  down   at  the  fmc  and  use  the  zoom  key,  or  if  you  got  your  keys  bind  to  the  fmc  just press it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi.thank you, sorry if I was unclear with my question. The question is when programming the flightplan into the FMC.
I need to look at the actual pdf to see what to program into the FMC.

once its programmed its all good.

Niklas Eriksson

7 minutes ago, Nigge said:

Hi.thank you, sorry if I was unclear with my question. The question is when programming the flightplan into the FMC.
I need to look at the actual pdf to see what to program into the FMC.

once its programmed its all good.

maybe  some  one  else  knows  the  solution but  as  far  i  can  tell  there is  no other  way unless   like  the rifts   you  can press  a button  and it  will let  you see  thru  the  lens  so maybe  the  hp  reverb  got  this option?.   the  other  way is  to load  the  flight plan  automatically  in  using  the  fmc  options

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  some  one  else  knows  the  solution but  as  far  i  can  tell  there is  no other  way unless   like  the rifts   you  can press  a button  and it  will let  you see  thru  the  lens  so maybe  the  hp  reverb  got  this option?.   the  other  way is  to load  the  flight plan  automatically  in  using  the  fmc  options

I assume this is the way. 
Thanks for the suggestion, will check if the hp reverb has the see through option. 

Niklas Eriksson

SimBrief Panel let's you view your SimBrief flight plan in VR. It's freeware.

17 minutes ago, Room112 said:

SimBrief Panel let's you view your SimBrief flight plan in VR. It's freeware.

Will it be visible within MSFS?! Sounds amazing if thats the case!

Niklas Eriksson

3 hours ago, Nigge said:

Will it be visible within MSFS?! Sounds amazing if thats the case!

Yes, completely visible. I refer to it for routing, payload, weather, etc. when programming the FMS in VR.

If you have a Navigraph subscription, they have a toolbar app that can be added, then you can view the flight on a moving map, or individual charts procedures, in or out of VR.

2 hours ago, Overload said:

If you have a Navigraph subscription, they have a toolbar app that can be added, then you can view the flight on a moving map, or individual charts procedures, in or out of VR.

I don't think it gives you stuff like ZFW or Block Fuel that would be needed for programming an FMS though.

13 minutes ago, Room112 said:

I don't think it gives you stuff like ZFW or Block Fuel that would be needed for programming an FMS though.

I use a combination of Navigraph Charts and Open Kneeboard which was mentioned above.  Open Kneeboard works in any OpenXR application so I also use it in DCS World.  You can buy pretty affordable drawing tablets that are compatible with Open Kneeboard and then not only can you view pdf files inside VR you can also write on them with the tablet inside VR.  With these two things I never take my headset off for any reason.  You can get by with just the Navigraph charts if all you are wanting to do is view charts.  With Open Kneeboard though I just save my simbrief flight plan as a pdf and add it to the kneeboard before my flight and its all available in there plus I can write on it to put down ATIS, Clearance, etc.  Yes it's more money to spend but it's the best way of doing it that I am aware of.

I use sky4sim

• Like 1

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

Second vote here for Sky4Sim. An excellent add-on for VR flying. You can put your .pdfs into a specific folder on your PC and then view them in the Sky4Sim window right in MSFS. I pop the Sky4Sim window open in VR and position it just like I would an EFB iPad and it blends right in with the cockpit nicely.

Also second the recommendation for the Navigraph charts in-sim app if you have a Navigraph subscription. If not, and you have .pdf charts, well, just open them in Sky4Sim as well.

As an added bonus: if you use NeoFly4 and/or Pilot2ATC, Sky4Sim will help you integrate those into your VR cockpit as well.

https://sky4sim.com/

DISCLOSURE: I have NFI in Sky4Sim. I'm just a _very_ satisfied customer.

Edited by Malaromane

Hi, thank you all for the responses!

I do have a navigraph subscription. need to see if I can find that toolbar application, that sounds great!

Niklas Eriksson