Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

"Unsticking" the CJ4

Thanks for the heads-up. I've not flown it since the update. I was planning a flight in it tonight. I'll be on the lookout for stickiness. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I think that overall you'll find the aircraft responds beautifully.  Once I was in the air she handled better than ever.  It appears that I may be the only one suffering from the rotation and takeoff issue.

Once airborne and cleaned up (gear up, flaps up, climb thrust) I let go of the stick and she maintained a perfect 10° climb.  The TOGA indicators were perfectly centered with no change of trim - I've never had that before.

Randall Rocke

1 hour ago, RandallR said:

It appears that I may be the only one suffering from the rotation and takeoff issue.

Did you try a different aircraft at the same airport/runway, and the CJ4 at a different airport, and also verify assisted takeoff and assisted yoke didn't get turned on?

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

Thanks for the heads-up. I've not flown it since the update. I was planning a flight in it tonight. I'll be on the lookout for stickiness. 

Excellent flight KPHX to KLAS. Textbook!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

3 hours ago, ark said:

Did you try a different aircraft at the same airport/runway, and the CJ4 at a different airport, and also verify assisted takeoff and assisted yoke didn't get turned on?

Al

No issues with other aircraft and the CJ4 was at different airports.  No assistants turned on.  I have now deleted and reinstalled the aircraft - I'll find out if that cures the issue tomorrow.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

Issue resolved.

The aircraft files were indeed corrupted in some manner.  After deleting the aircraft, then reinstalling, she now rotates quickly and lifts off.  In fact,  I'll now need to dial back my sensitivity again for the vertical response so she doesn't come up too quickly and generate a stall warning.

It's interesting that two aircraft were corrupted by update installation errors for my system in the last few weeks - the TBM and now the CJ4.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

I spoke too soon...

Well, the anomaly has returned.  I had three beautiful flights with wonderful response on rotation and a standard climb out.  On the 4th flight she was stuck to the pavement again and would not rotate.  I held back tension and she leapt off the ground again.  The rest of the flight, as in my first experiences, was uneventful.

The last time this happened, it was cured by uninstalling, then reinstalling the aircraft so I repeated that procedure.  No joy.  It's still sticking to the pavement after the reinstall.  I'm going to try one more thing before I make a Zendesk report on this phenomenon.  FS is installed on a 1 TB HD (standard, not SSD).  I'm going to run a disk repair on it tonight in case there are any damaged sectors that may be corrupting the CJ4 installation.  I'll then reinstall the CJ4 and give it one more go,

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke

I don't think it's your machine.

Had a flight in it the other day and was very reluctant to rotate, well past v2 before it happened..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Well, the saga continues.  I removed the aircraft and left it out for about 5 days.  This morning, I reinstalled it and she rotated smoothly and climbed with no issues.  I'll see what happens with the next couple of flights.

Randall Rocke

35 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Well, the saga continues.  I removed the aircraft and left it out for about 5 days.  This morning, I reinstalled it and she rotated smoothly and climbed with no issues.  I'll see what happens with the next couple of flights.

So are you suggesting that maybe it responds to punishment?  🤔 

• Upvote 1

😄 Excellent!

I believe that something in the aircraft's files is easily corrupted and it may have to do with my installation or my PC.  Though I am not the only one that has experienced this, most flyers are not having this issue.

In the initial experience, she stuck to the pavement immediately following the update.  After several frustrating flights I removed the aircraft then reinstalled it.  She flew beautifully for the next few flights so I thought the issue had been resolved - then she stuck again.  A removal and reinstall did not resolve the issue as before so I pulled it and left it out.  On a whim I put it back in and now (for the moment) she's behaving.

I want to see if this continues - if not, I'll make a Zendesk report.

Randall Rocke

Same problem here. Flies fine except it won't leave the ground until ~120 knots even with the stick all the way back. Will try deleting and re-adding the CJ4. I have previously used the WorkingTitle version, maybe that isn't completely removed even though I removed it from the Community Packages folder.

Ironically she just did this to me today for the first time in a long time.  This was my 4th flight with it in the last 4 days.  The previous 3 rotated smoothly.  This morning she was stuck to the pavement again - I kept the stick most of the way back and just held it there.  She began to lose directional control - rudder didn't respond well at that point so I tried a little aileron input and that helped.

She leapt into the air suddenly (way past VR).  I was ready for this and immediately put the nose down to keep it from going into a stall.  The rest of the flight was uneventful and she handled well.

Randall Rocke

Rather than reinstall it I've switched to other aircraft for a while.  When it comes back around in my rotation I'll see if she behaves again.  If not, I'll try a reinstall at that time.

Randall Rocke