Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Spartan 7W "Executive" Work in Progress

Milton Shupe's  Spartan was a grand favorite of mine in FS9. Who does make her ? The Spartan deserves the best  😉. Hoping not to find that she is yet another "Legendary", Carenado-grade  type of product.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Not the prettiest gal I've ever seen. Nicely done though. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Having enjoyed Milton Shupe's model, I was quite excited when this was first announced. Having watched that video, I'm less so.

Mindful of the usual caveats about it being WIP /Beta, the panel looks rough, with poor lighting effects, and what on earth is going on with those enormous rivets on the fuselage? They look more like what you'd find on the side of a steamship, rather than an aircraft. I hope they intend to work on it more - a lot more - but for now, it's off my list. It's a pity, because the real aircraft is a beauty. Here are two, based in the UK:

Wrc9n7U.jpg

• Upvote 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Milton Shupe's  Spartan was a grand favorite of mine in FS9. Who does make her ? 

IniBuilds, apparently:

https://msfsaddons.com/2023/03/26/inibuilds-announces-the-luxurious-spartan-7w-executive-for-msfs/

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

44 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Different developer for the topic video https://hcgdigitalarts.ca

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

On 4/4/2023 at 8:16 AM, Paul K said:

Mindful of the usual caveats about it being WIP /Beta, the panel looks rough, with poor lighting effects, and what on earth is going on with those enormous rivets on the fuselage? They look more like what you'd find on the side of a steamship, rather than an aircraft. 

Continuing work on all fronts.

All rivets properly sized and hand placed on the external model. Developer is in contact with a RW Spartan owner for detailed photos. Only RW liveries will be offered on the first release.

A9n4km6.jpg

• Like 2

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

Working on the Official Trailer for the developer now! This is a beauty! We had the privilege of working with RW Spartan owner James Savage. He supplied us with photos, facts and information to enable the most comprehensive documentation package possible. She will do a max cruise at 190 mph just like the real deal! BTW - the developer spent almost a week hand placing every rivet (over 4000) to give it an amazing look!

lFuAnMN.jpg

Edited by The Flight Level
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This plane looks awesome. I had Milton's Spartan in FSX.. One of my favorites. This rendition looks superb EXCEPT, the dash looks plausible enough, but those red and green annunciator lights look cartoony.. That's a big distraction. All of the instruments look grand... but those little round lights ???

Anyways, looking forward to it. Regardless of that critique, unless it's flight model is atrocious, it'll be a definite buy for me. Gorgeously rendered.  Thank you...

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 4080FE, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

@Simtech95382 Thanks for the feedback. I passed your comment about the lights to the developer. He agreed they are too dark and will look into getting something more transparent! 

• Upvote 1