Sign in to follow this  
NismoRR

TJSJ must have for $8.99?

Just noticed this and have two round trips into TJSJ this week on APL. I’m guessing for this price it’s a slam dunk but just checking what you guys think. Big LVFR fan as well. 

Edited by NismoRR

33 minutes ago, NismoRR said:

Just noticed this and have two round trips into TSJS this week on APL. I’m guessing for this price it’s a slam dunk but just checking what you guys think. Big LVFR fan as well. 

All LVFR airports in MSFS are pretty underwhelming, more or less direct ports from P3D. That said it's solid, average quality and all of these airports won't be covered by anyone else in the near future, so on sale, yeah.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hard to understand why one would purchase any add-on airports unless you fly in and out of one constantly. Seems to be a complete waste of money. Been simming a very long time and have never purchased one.

Aircraft that are done well or are should I say are far above a cpatnsim level yes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tpete61 said:

Hard to understand why one would purchase any add-on airports unless you fly in and out of one constantly. Seems to be a complete waste of money. Been simming a very long time and have never purchased one.

Aircraft that are done well or are should I say are far above a cpatnsim level yes.

Free Will Maybe?  Just a guess…

-B

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Hard to understand why one would purchase any add-on airports unless you fly in and out of one constantly.

I for one will never start or end a commercial airplane flight at an ugly generic airport. That would destroy the whole experience.

With GA aircraft, it doesn't matter because the focus is more on flying. 😎🏖️🌍

Just my opinion.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Ciao Michael

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, Palit RTX 4080 GameRock OC, 64GB Corsair DDR4 3600, MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi, LG C3 OLED 42" 4K Display, ViewSonic 16" Touchscreen.

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Pendular Rudder, Stream Deck XL, Tobii Eyetracker, TrackIR 5.

Windows 11 Pro 24H2 Insider Build

I really wish they would make a V2 of KFLL & KMIA...

• Upvote 2

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Thanks for the replies…the LVFR airports are nice, performance is very good (FLL & SAN) maybe a step or two below FlyTampa and Flightbeam (just got KPDX and I think it’s very nice) but for $9-11 for what I got the LVFR sceneries at, its a good deal. I only buy when on sale. Id like KTPA, but not on sale. For that price I’ll pick up TJSJ and KBOS. 

3 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Hard to understand why one would purchase any add-on airports unless you fly in and out of one constantly.

Why would you say "one".  My flight simulation is based on flights following the travel schedules of a handful of USA sports teams as well as the Indycar racing season schedule. I fly mostly Hjet with considerable hours as well in the Kodiak, 414, and modded Baron and Bonanza. Most of my payware airports I have flown to and from at least four times, and as often as 15 times in the last 24 months. And many I have not owned very long.  I will list them below using a "no spoilers" window to limit the vertical size of this topic:

Spoiler

Airports I have purchased and flown into and out of 4 or more times since purchase:
KIND- Indianapolis, Indiana.
KMDW - Chicago Midway
KPWK - Chicago Executive Palwaukee
KSTL - St Louis Lambert Field
KDAL - Dallas Love Field (NEW)
KCMI - Champaign Urbana Williard, Illinois
KSTP - St Paul Minnesota Downtown
KSDF - Louisville Bowman, Kentucky
KSNA - John Wayne/Orange County, California
KLGB - Long Beach Daugherty Field, California
KSAN - San Diego
KLAS - Las Vegas, Nevada
KBWI - Baltimore-Washington
KPVD - Providence, Rhode Island
KPIE - St Petersburg, Florida
KDEN - Denver, Colorado
KGSO - Greensboro, North Carolina
KBOI - Boise, Idaho
KPDX - Portland, Oregon
KCLT - Charlotte, NC
KRDU - Raleigh/Durham, CA
KBKL - Cleveland Burke Lakefront, OH
KTEB - Teterboro, New Jersey
CYEG - Edmonton, Alberta
CYTZ - Toronto, Ontario
CYVR - Vancouver, BC
CYWG - Winnipeg, MB
CYYZ - Toronto Pearson, ON
KEWY - Key West, Florida
MWCR - Owen Roberts, Grand Cayman
TQPF - Clayton J Lloyd Intl Airport, VI
TJSJ - San Juan, PR

Airports I have purchased that I have not yet flown into or out off or not yet more than once:
KORD - Chicago Ohare
KLAX - Los Angeles Intl, California
KMSY - New Orleans, Louisiana
KIAD - Washington Dulles
KDCA - Washington Regan
KFLL - Fort Lauderdale, Florida
KPHX - Phoenix, Arizona
KBDL - Hartford/Bradley, Connecticut
KTVL - Lake Tahoe, California
KAFW - Ft Worth, Texas
KRSW - Southsest Florida, Ft Myers (NEW)

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 minutes ago, fppilot said:

My flight simulation is based on flights following the travel schedules of a handful of USA sports teams as well as the Indycar racing season schedule.

That’s a really cool way to pick flights!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

34 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Hide contents

KBKE - Cleveland Burke Lakefront, OH

That one should be KBKL -- I think KBKE is Baker City in Oregon

Do you have the FSXScenery rendition of Burke Lakefront?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

34 minutes ago, Mace said:

That one should be KBKL -- I think KBKE is Baker City in Oregon

Do you have the FSXScenery rendition of Burke Lakefront?

Thank you. I was still able to edit to correct that.  I had the Burke Lakefront for FSX.  Flew FSX into Burke over the several years when there was an Indycar auto race on the airport premesis.

I fly to much of the Chicago White Sox MLB schedule and Burke is where I fly into during Sox games at the Cleveland Indians.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

That’s a really cool way to pick flights!

I have done so for over 20 years now.  And I fly my schedule as a continuous circuit.  So I fly out of the airport I flew in to on the previous flight.  I connect the dots so to speak.  Just like I would need to do in real life.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

29 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Thank you. I was still able to edit to correct that.  I had the Burke Lakefront for FSX.  Flew FSX into Burke over the several years when there was an Indycar auto race on the airport premesis.

I fly to much of the Chicago White Sox MLB schedule and Burke is where I fly into during Sox games at the Cleveland Indians.

"FSXScenery" is a scenery design house.  What I was asking is, do you own FSXScenery's Burke Lakefront scenery for MSFS?  If so, how do you like it?   Link below:

https://secure.simmarket.com/fsxcenery-kbkl-burke-lakefront-airport-msfs.phtml

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

I really wish they would make a V2 of KFLL & KMIA...

what is wrong with KFLL currently? I think it looks great. I worked there for 2 years during 2019-2021 and I think its spot on. The sloped runway is very well done in my opinion and LVFR is doing itself a dis service by going all in on generic airplanes instead of sticking to sceneries. Sure they are not FlyTampa, Flightbeam or FSDT but I never fly into a LatinVFR airport and wish it was done by someone else. The performace is always great and they do a good job covering "smaller" but popular airports that the big guys would never touch

53 minutes ago, Mace said:

"FSXScenery" is a scenery design house.  What I was asking is, do you own FSXScenery's Burke Lakefront scenery for MSFS?  If so, how do you like it?   Link below:

https://secure.simmarket.com/fsxcenery-kbkl-burke-lakefront-airport-msfs.phtml

Yes. And I have a different one also from TO.  Each has its plus and minuses, but not big flaws.  Just do not know how Burke appears today, so not sure if one addon is better than the other overall.  Here is a link to the freeware on TO

https://flightsim.to/file/10922/bkl-burke-lakefront-airport-cleveland-ohio

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS