Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

MSFS Phenom 300

Hello to all,

Just a quick query re the Phenom300.

Does anyone have any further information on who is making this aircraft for MSFS (supposedly free) and/or its progress to date. 

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hi Tony,

yes, a Phenom 300E is in the works at FSReborn. But it will be a full blown product with a lot of gimmicks including wear and tear, maintenance and stuff and def not free. It is in the queue but too early to talk about dates. I would roughly estimate later in the second half of this year.

Cheers

T.

• Like 2

Torson,

Many thanks for that disappointing but good news. By disappointing, I mean that it is so far away. Good, because at least it IS coming.

As an Aged Pensioner, on very limited funds, it is also disappointing that it will not be free. However, I have to say that it will be a "day one" purchase for me. Further, if it is a "study level" project, I would be prepared to pay PMDG prices for it.

Thanks again for that information ... it gives me something to save up for and look forward to. 

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

3 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Further, if it is a "study level" project, I would be prepared to pay PMDG prices for it.

Very doubtful it will even approach study level. The only aircraft FSReborn has done before is an LSA. 

Edited by chapstick

17 hours ago, Torsen said:

Hi Tony,

yes, a Phenom 300E is in the works at FSReborn. But it will be a full blown product with a lot of gimmicks including wear and tear, maintenance and stuff and def not free. It is in the queue but too early to talk about dates. I would roughly estimate later in the second half of this year.

Cheers

T.

Maybe it should be a 300EV by then... 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

18 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello to all,

Just a quick query re the Phenom300.

Does anyone have any further information on who is making this aircraft for MSFS (supposedly free) and/or its progress to date. 

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony have you tried the free default CJ4?  It's very very good.

Otherwise if you have the Longitude the G5000 glass cockpit is excellent as well.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

18 hours ago, Torsen said:

Hi Tony,

Cheers

T.

Will this be the G1000-based Embraer 300 or will it be the newer 300E model with the G3000-based avionics?

Either one is good with me.  I just like the Embraer 300's...and since I won't be owning one personally, I'd love to have one in the sim that has personal items like wear and tear and maintenance.  I can then own one virtually. 😃

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The Phenom 300 is my "if I win the lottery" airplane. It's great to see that it's coming to the sim. There was one in p3d, but it was a Carenado and the avionics were... Frustrating.

6 hours ago, Mace said:

Will this be the G1000-based Embraer 300 or will it be the newer 300E model with the G3000-based avionics?

Either one is good with me.  I just like the Embraer 300's...and since I won't be owning one personally, I'd love to have one in the sim that has personal items like wear and tear and maintenance.  I can then own one virtually. 😃

G3000 avionics is the plan 😉

11 hours ago, chapstick said:

Very doubtful it will even approach study level. The only aircraft FSReborn has done before is an LSA. 

Well I had to start somewhere didn't I? would it have been better to build a full blown airliner from scratch, takings years to finish and probably fail to even complete it at all due to lack of experience and resources?

Anyway I don't like the term study level, I rather say, high fidelity / quality. Is better to build products that have soul and make people smile and happy when they are using them. In any case thanks for the confidence 🤣, is good I am building these airplanes because my own passion for these, it means I can reach my own expectations of how things should work for them so I can fulfil my own dreams of virtually own them.

Best,
Raul

• Like 9

11 hours ago, chapstick said:

Very doubtful you have flown the Sting looks like and what features it offers. It even has an EFB in contrast to so called study level pmdg 😉

Cheers T.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 8:16 AM, ryanbatc said:

Tony have you tried the free default CJ4?  It's very very good.

Otherwise if you have the Longitude the G5000 glass cockpit is excellent as well.

Ryan,

Point taken mate.

Just for everyones' information, I have not flown for at least the last 8 months due to a residential move. This was planned to be a 2 month adventure but has blown out and I have been living with my daughter whilst waiting for my unit to be built. I have only just moved in now and still in the process of setting it all up. Currently, I am anticipating approximately a month before I am up and exploring the skies again.  It has actually been a torrid and depressing time, made worse by not flying. I did wonder how many people wondered what had happened to me due to lack of contributions here on this forum.

Back to topic.  I did try the CJ4 early in MSFS and did not enjoy it all that much, but given its further development since then, it is on my list once I am flying again.

Longtitude. I have always loved this aircraft but again, I have not tried the G5000 cockpit yet. One I am really looking forward to.

All in all, MSFS is going to be very different I think, ie I have not flown or used MSFS through the last three updates, so I have a lot to look forward to very soon.

Thanks for your comment.

On 4/26/2023 at 11:12 AM, eslader said:

The Phenom 300 is my "if I win the lottery" airplane. It's great to see that it's coming to the sim. There was one in p3d, but it was a Carenado and the avionics were... Frustrating.

The very best Phenom 300 in my opinion, is Xplanes Aerobask version. A truly beautiful aircraft to fly if you have  

XPlane.  I have to admit a small bias here as I own all of Aerobasks creations and I have never had any cause to regret their purchase. I just wish they would "come across" and join the MSFS revolution LOL.

Finally, I have to express some amazement from the response from this simple query. It just shows me that this aircraft definitely has quite a following. So, FsReborn, "have at it mate" if this is somewhat better than default, I think you are on a winner .... you have my support at least LOL

Regards to all

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

Moving is really tough - I have always found it be stressful.

If you already have the premium deluxe the longitude is already free and it's much much nicer than what we had 8 months ago...  And even if you don't have premium...the CJ4 is free and is also very very good now.  The original was not good.

I'd try both of those - I think you'll really like the CJ4...it's similar to the phenom but a bit faster.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

24 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Finally, I have to express some amazement from the response from this simple query. It just shows me that this aircraft definitely has quite a following. So, FsReborn, "have at it mate" if this is somewhat better than default, I think you are on a winner .... you have my support at least LOL

Regards to all

Tony

I have the Carenado Phenom 300 (it's for P3D) and it got me interested in the Phenom 300's in general.  I would love to see it in MSFS and I can tell you if FSReborn does it, it'll be way, way better than default.  Not "somewhat better".

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB