Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

JustSim to release Oslo then exit P3D market

They'll be back when V6 is released, so will many others.  No idea why publishers/developers feel the need to close doors?  Makes no business sense at all ... certainly doesn't help sell product in any platform ... just seems unprofessional to make such announcements.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, evaamo said:

Yes and no!   JustSim's is more detailed... the buildings and the mesh are better than AS.

However, I find JustSim's night lightning and textures inferior, so most likely I'll stay with AS version, unfortunately.

Justsim’s runway lights make me never want to fly at night into their sceneries. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

They'll be back when V6 is released, so will many others.  No idea why publishers/developers feel the need to close doors?  Makes no business sense at all ... certainly doesn't help sell product in any platform ... just seems unprofessional to make such announcements.

If a developer does not make money anymore in a certain platform but is making a lot in another platform than logically they will focus on the that one. Spending a lot of time and money on an addon and making losses is something no company will do.

Regarding V6 : it really must be something that is superior to all other flightsims otherwise people won’t be coming back as they have spent on their new platform ….

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 hours ago, evaamo said:

Yes and no!   JustSim's is more detailed... the buildings and the mesh are better than AS.

However, I find JustSim's night lightning and textures inferior, so most likely I'll stay with AS version, unfortunately.

7 hours ago, DuduGuimaraes said:

Justsim’s runway lights make me never want to fly at night into their sceneries. 

JustSim's night lighting hasn't been all that good in any of their sceneries.

As someone who never flies at night the lighting isn't an issue for me. The Aerosoft v2 Oslo that I have has no PBR effects and seemingly has less detailed buildings. The JustSim version has these and is only compatible with v5 instead of FSX. The price is also very attractive.

The biggest problem we face is a change of runway designations. Does anyone know when they last changed at ENGM? I searched but couldn't fnd anything.

A likely purchase.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 hours ago, GSalden said:

it really must be something that is superior to all other flightsims otherwise people won’t be coming back as they have spent on their new platform

So you're saying nothing can be better than MSFS?  I'll disagree.

People move back and forth between products all the time, there is always something better.  I think you missed my primary point, why would any developer close doors and announce that ... that's not good business ... even more so when other platforms are still under development.  When I see the vendor saying "never return" or "is dead" to active platforms getting updates/improvements, that sounds more like the current platform that vendor has chosen isn't providing sufficient funds and they're directing users to a single platform so as to not see their market become diverse (less potential sales).  Diversity is good for consumers, choice.   

3 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

So you're saying nothing can be better than MSFS?  I'll disagree.

People move back and forth between products all the time, there is always something better.  I think you missed my primary point, why would any developer close doors and announce that ... that's not good business ... even more so when other platforms are still under development.  When I see the vendor saying "never return" or "is dead" to active platforms getting updates/improvements, that sounds more like the current platform that vendor has chosen isn't providing sufficient funds and they're directing users to a single platform so as to not see their market become diverse (less potential sales).  Diversity is good for consumers, choice.   

You are looking at it from a customer perspective.

A company will look at it from a financial perspective. Why would a company spent time and therefore money on a product and loose money when the product is not sold enough to make a profit ?

There is nothing more to it. If one platform is better than the other is something everyone must decide for themselves…

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 6/11/2023 at 7:50 AM, GSalden said:

Regarding V6 : it really must be something that is superior to all other flightsims otherwise people won’t be coming back as they have spent on their new platform ….

I think all they have to do is close the gap concerning visuals a little. P3D already has other strong points (and people have spent a lot on P3D as well).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

As a Blind flight simmer pilot, I could care less about all of the fancy graphics, since I need to see with my ears, since my eyes don't work.

The small but growing blind flight simmer community takes flying as seriously as our sighted fellow flight simmer pilots can take advantage of with their normal vision.

It matters about how close to the realistic world the flight sim is.

I mean by sounds both inside and outside of the aircraft both on the ground and in the air.

Maybe for some small additional sounds, let's have airport sounds both inside and out that one would see and ear while wondering through the airport to catch their flight.

Meaning pa announcements and so on, just for starters.

Then the weather sounds must be as close to the real world as possible.

Then ground support, each ground support vehicle engine could have a different sound. That we with time and practice, we could tell what's coming at us.

Then let's get down to the FAA rules and regulations.

In short, if a sighted FAA certified pilot has to do something, then we too must perform that item on each checklist in the proper order as well.

So, I look forward to P3D 6.

I had installed p3d 5.4 two days ago, unlike every time before, the install gave me big ones.

This time it went in like a knife through butter.

I think it w as because I threw it up on the desktop and installed it from that folder from the desktop.

Also, via a screen reader user to interact with my computer, my home FBO is Erie Intl, AKA KERI.

Before it would change on me on it's own.

But this time it stayed on the settings that I wanted to be set on.

Also, it recognized my DF7X private G.A. Aircraft that I flew in the FSX  days, which even though installed where all of the aircraft are to be installed at inside fs 2020, when I would load fs 2020, it wouldn't show the df7x in the list of aircraft to select from to go flying in.

My question is this.

right now I have a partial flight plan.

I have my departure as KERI.

But I can not find the area and or button to click upon to set up a destination to fly to.

If anyone can help me with this, I'd deeply appreciate it.

Also, if there's any other BVI Pilots that monitor this list, I'd appreciate some help on what to turn on by checking the box and to what to leave off by leaving the box unchecked.

But one nice thing in the latest version of P3D 5.4, is that I went to change aircraft, and now have my DF7X private aircraft with the Pittsburgh Steelers Football team paint job on it.

Also, for the pwoers behind p3d.

It would be nice when building/filing a flight plan that the following could be done to assist us in building/filing our flight plan.

It doesn't matter which aircraft you're flying in or where you're flying from and or too.

But say you give the name of the airport or it's ICAO for Erie Intl of KERI, to say Detroit Michigan, KDTW.

If you were to tell the sim that that's where you're starting from and where you want to end up at and give the name of your aircraft that you're going to fly, the sim could give you back what your cruising alt should be.

Now we all know if you're flying east, the level alt should be a odd number and if you're flying west, the level cruising ALT should be a even numter.

But how can you program waht the ultimate Level cruising alt should be?

The flight plan could spit that info out for us while we're building/filying our flight plans to assist us.

This would help plentty.

For those who can help me out, I can be reached at:

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

I'm on the east coast time line and I'm in the north west corner of the State of Pennsylvania.

I'll only give out my phone number to those who write me back privately by the above address.

Here's wondering what the flight sims will bring in their upgrades after theflight sim convention at the end of this month.

Very Thankfully Yours, 

Ron Kolesar AKA The Blind Pilot and in the real world a ham radio operator by the call sign of KR3DOG

@Blind Pilot, hello Ron. If you want help with flight planning using the facilities in P3D have you considered asking in the LM P3D forum?

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6314

Whilst there is no official help for users of the Academic licence there may be people who can assist.

Most of us use third party software like PFPX and SimBrief.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, DuduGuimaraes said:

Just installed it. The Aerosoft version is miles better. 

Reasons why you think that would be helpful.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I was just at Simmarket and noticed this Oslo scenery is on their bestsellers list. It is number 8.

17 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Reasons why you think that would be helpful.

IMO it looks very artificial. Specially the taxiways and runway textures. And the runway lights are very bad.

Edited by DuduGuimaraes

22 minutes ago, DuduGuimaraes said:

IMO it looks very artificial. Specially the taxiways and runway textures. And the runway lights are very bad.

What about the terminal buildings and tower? How well those are done makes a big difference. I have other JustSim airports and those are of decent quality. Having said that they did cost more so I wonder if some corners may have been cut.

Anyone else who has the Aerosoft version care to comment?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather