Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Asobo ATR-72 SimBrief Profile Updated

From the Navigraph Discord

SimBriefSimBrief Developer
3d

Hi, I’ve added a new download format for the ATR. Look for “Microsoft ATR 42/72” in the list.

You might need to regenerate your latest flight plan for it to show up however.

Let me know if it works as expected. If the aircraft does not properly import a route, please try restarting the flight and then importing into a “fresh” instance. I noticed sometimes the ATR’s import stops working after a while.

If it still fails to import, please upload the .flp file here and I’ll take a look.

Best regards,

Edited by btacon
  • Like 5

It says on the simbrief instruction page:

If you bought MSFS 2020 from the Microsoft store, the flight plan goes here:

C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/packages/aerosoft-crj/work (Microsoft Store)

CRJ?

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/LocalState/packages/aerosoft-crj/work (Microsoft Store)

CRJ?

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\microsoft-aircraft-atr\work

In the Simbrief Downloader App is ok automatically the path to save the flightplans.

• Like 1

@btacon your topic title is misleading! There is already a Simbrief Profile in Simbrief itself for the ATRs.

What your title should have said (as I understand your topic) is that the Simbrief DOWNLOADER has been updated....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

What it means is the SimBrief has been updated with a profile for the Asobo ATR.  Pretty much what happened and what I wrote. Sorry I did not meet your expectations. I will try harder next time 

-B

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, btacon said:

Sorry I did not meet your expectations. I will try harder next time 

The SimBrief Profile was already out when you posted this (it came literally on the same day as the ATR launch).

19 hours ago, btacon said:

Hi, I’ve added a new download format for the ATR. Look for “Microsoft ATR 42/72” in the list.

The Discord link that you shared and the Quote from it (above) covers exactly ONLY THE SIMBRIEF DOWNLOADER.

So your statement....

12 hours ago, btacon said:

What it means is the SimBrief has been updated with a profile for the Asobo ATR

is wrong.

So yeah...maybe you try to understand the informations better next time.

Gerald K. - Germany

14 hours ago, btacon said:

What it means is the SimBrief has been updated with a profile for the Asobo ATR.  Pretty much what happened and what I wrote. Sorry I did not meet your expectations. I will try harder next time 

-B

You naughty, naughty boy!  Have you gotten yourself into trouble for just trying to help people again!  :laugh:

Don't worry about the overly technical criticism of what you were trying to do while trying to help people, it is beyond belief.  
Seems some people don't have enough to do, or are overly fixated in petty point scoring.
I am sure the vast majority understand what you said and are grateful for the heads-up!  :smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

58 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Don't worry about the overly technical criticism of what you were trying to do while trying to help people, it is beyond belief.  

Thanks and have no concerns. I have about he same level of trust in his capabilities  as he does mine and will lose no sleep over his Ill informed opinion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darshonaut said:

I use these Simbrief profiles für the ATR 42/72 

https://flightsim.to/file/53763/microsoft-hans-hartmann-atr-simbrief-profiles

I also use these profiles and they were available as I said on day one.

I looked this topic up and would have asked if the new profiles are better then those that were already there (or at least what the difference would have been). So nothing harmful in that but constructive in information.

Unfortunately the topic covered something totaly different so (again in a constructive manner) I pointed this out to the OP.

Again unfortunately (from the well known AVSIMers that have nothing else to do then to bash others), it was interpreted wrong.

Well....like raindrops on a Lotus flower....

Gerald K. - Germany

another one bites the dust

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

I also use these profiles and they were available as I said on day one.

I looked this topic up and would have asked if the new profiles are better then those that were already there (or at least what the difference would have been). So nothing harmful in that but constructive in information.

Unfortunately the topic covered something totaly different so (again in a constructive manner) I pointed this out to the OP.

Again unfortunately (from the well known AVSIMers that have nothing else to do then to bash others), it was interpreted wrong.

Well....like raindrops on a Lotus flower....

The way you came across in your first post was very rude and condescending.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

The way you came across in your first post was very rude and condescending.

This was my first post (below)!

21 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

your topic title is misleading! There is already a Simbrief Profile in Simbrief itself for the ATRs.

What your title should have said (as I understand your topic) is that the Simbrief DOWNLOADER has been updated....

Can you please emphasize where I was rude? I also did include "as I understand your topic" just to show my intention and my understanding.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

ok, this is not going anywhere ...........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors