Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Having major stuttering upon arrival? Take the poll!

Are you still having major stuttering upon arrival, despite ample Mainthread/GPU/VRAM headroom?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still having major stuttering upon arrival, despite ample Mainthread/GPU/VRAM headroom?

• Yes, most of the time
    • Yes, less than half the time
    • Yes, but very infrequently
    • Rarely if ever
  2. 2. Did you experience a major change for the worse in this issue with SU12?

• Yep
    • Nope

Unfortunately, I had to remove Mamudesigns "powerlines" and "chair lifts" freeware (Fsim.to) after SU12. That helped a lot.

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Lower settings = problem solved.

Not for me, at all, I tested in VR the lowest possible and all I could set off, fs2002 looked much much better, with a resolution of 1280x12xx, and the same weird stutters, till, I disabled Multiplayer and Live Weather in Sim DATA options and did a Sim reboot, nothing in Community and all those folders cleaning indexes sceneries, content.xml, Caches folders etc. etc.

Where is or has that really weird stutter problem, I don´t know, I bet that not my fault.

Even I had uninstalled/disabled the paid and W Defender Antiviruses seeking the culprit haha, and more things....

Edited by peloto

I have been having major stutters and then realised my Off-Screen cache was set to Ultra.  No sure how that happened.

Edited by ErichB

4 hours ago, rayharris108 said:

In my experience this is heavily dependent on my settings, which plane and which airport

The "this" for me is different:  as in the title this issue is in context of having large headroom in GPU/CPU main thread/VRAM, whereas with particular planes/airports I see this if settings were too high for conditions, for example T-LOD so high the main thread becomes overloaded, so yes the situation I'm describing is very different.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

I have been having major stutters and then realised my Off-Screen cache was set to Ultra.  No sure how that happened.

I always thought setting it to ultra was preventing stutters?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

And changing it from Ultra fixed the stutters?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

15 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

In most cases, yes. For me at least the problem can.....not always....but can happen on final or right before flare. Regardless of plane, settings, scenery.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

16 hours ago, Alvega said:

And changing it from Ultra fixed the stutters?

I actually ended updating my Nvidia driver and resetting a number of other settings.   Overall much smoother but can't specifically be attributed to the OSC

Well, of the 4 possible causes mentioned above I've not been able to pin-point WHY it's big time back to normal.  So they're all still in effect after various rule-out tests were done.  My guess is maybe it's the spawning of non-generic planes*** (hence the random nature) but that doesn't really jive well w/ the fact ample main thread headroom remains when the big degradation commences.  I can say I'm back to sterling frametime variance once again so back to enjoying the heck out of MSFS ;o)

***https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/633596-having-major-stuttering-upon-arrival-take-the-poll/?do=findComment&comment=4956671

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

54 minutes ago, Noel said:

Well, of the 4 possible causes mentioned above I've not been able to pin-point WHY it's big time back to normal.  So they're all still in effect after various rule-out tests were done.  My guess is maybe it's the spawning of non-generic planes*** (hence the random nature) but that doesn't really jive well w/ the fact ample main thread headroom remains when the big degradation commences.  I can say I'm back to sterling frametime variance once again so back to enjoying the heck out of MSFS ;o)

***https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/633596-having-major-stuttering-upon-arrival-take-the-poll/?do=findComment&comment=4956671

Glad to see things have settled down Noel. Did you return everything back to pre SU12 or have you made permanent changes?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

54 minutes ago, Noel said:

Glad to see things have settled down Noel. Did you return everything back to pre SU12 or have you made permanent changes?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

2 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Just kept the 4 things mentioned above that are different from pre SU12 and so far all's well again.

Thanks!

Noel

On 5/3/2023 at 8:21 PM, Ricardo41 said:

Wrong!

even lowering settings issue persists in some cases.

For me on a 7950x3d  and 3080ti tested every setting on low as I thought my settings were too “high”

and it was a slide show on approach and on ground with AI FSTL on and off.

mike