Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

The King is coming.

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Every source I've heard or read states that he flew American Airlines, and will presumably  be returning on American Airlines as well. In fact, it was AA136...

Prince Harry arrives in London on commercial airline, but it's a quick turnaround | Stuff.co.nz

good idea, if he gone with BA it would of been canned due crew shortage or no engineers as normal

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Got a source for that?

My son told me. But found this...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronation-protest-arrests-republic-met-police-b2333719.html

Dozens of protesters from anti-monarchy and environmental groups have been arrested in London ahead of the coronation of King Charles III, in what they slammed as a “dystopian nightmare”.

Amnesty International UK was among the human rights group raising alarm about the arrests, saying peaceful protest was “clearly protected” under international law.

The Public Order Act 1986 was applied to signs or statements that some found offensive during the proclamation of King Charles III in September, with a man who shouted “who elected him?” getting charged with “threatening or abusive words or behaviour… within the hearing of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress”.

Sorry, but the last quote is just ridiculous? So if you shout "who elected him? you get arrested. Seems they are using their new powers to arrest who they like, whenever they like. There will always be somebody alarmed by something. You can't arrest someday because somebody might have been alarmed by the words "who elected him". 

“In the last few days we’ve seen the new Public Order Act rushed through, a threatening letter sent by the Home Office to the organisers of a peaceful and lawful protest, and the Metropolitan Police boasting about how low the threshold for protest will be,” Mr Hill added.

https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2023/05/04/man-arrested-for-heckling-royal-ceremony-fears-second-run-in-with-police/

Edited by martin-w

20 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Ah yes, that left wing anti-monarchist rag. How surprising. 🤣

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Leaning to the left lately, yes.   Regardless of the source, the facts are there to read. 

Are you saying its all lies? There are other sources too, not leaning to the left. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Leaning to the left lately, yes.   Regardless of the source, the facts are there to read. 

Are you saying its all lies? 

I don’t really care. I’ve never seen police remove those type of placards from protesters.

He is their King whether they agree or not. 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

29 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Whic UK papers would you consider the most reliable?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t really care. I’ve never seen police remove those type of placards from protesters.

Well, it seems they did. Regarding the guy that shouted "who elected you" the appeal was succesful and charges dropped. So yes, they did misuse their powers and arrest him when they shouldn't.

Seems the new law is open to misuse. 

3 minutes ago, Holdit said:

None.
They are written by journalists, whose main purpose is to sell newspapers.

24 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Which UK papers would you consider the most reliable?

You tend to buy newspapers that reflect your preference. Most of the broadsheets are reasonably accurate but it’s how they pitch the story. Leaving something out can be as significant as including it.

The red tops - Mirror, Sun, Mail, Star tend to be more sensationalist.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

17 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Well, it seems they did. Regarding the guy that shouted "who elected you" the appeal was succesful and charges dropped. So yes, they did misuse their powers and arrest him when they shouldn't.

Seems the new law is open to misuse. 

So that wasn’t today then. Watching the occasion I never saw any protesters. BBC reported one ringleader was arrested quite early. There’s an increase of those protesting over various things these days. I don’t consider the anti-monarchists that important.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, martin-w said:

Regarding the guy that shouted "who elected you" the appeal was succesful and charges dropped.

No, this is what was written:

He was charged with using threatening or abusive words or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress,
but this was later dropped by prosecutors after a review.

and that is what happened.
If you don't know how the system works, then it is best not to make stuff up.

What the police officers on the "front line" do in the heat of the moment has for a very long time been subject to subsequent minute dissection by the police themselves,
the Crown Prosecution Service and now, in the days of the instant news internet, anyone at all, who can bring with them their own views and prejudices and exercise them in the public forum now known as "social media".

In recent times, there has been a constant move to undermine the authority of the police, emanating from those at all levels of society, who believe that the rules are there for everyone else, but not them.

There is also a whole other discussion around intervention by all shades of government that would undoubtedly bring this topic to a swift close.

As to an elected leader instead of a king, a quick look around the world will show where that can lead to.
That is why the British monarchy is the envy of much of the world that suffers under an "elected" leader.
The British monarchy is in fact apolitical and for the average citizen, it has no effect on their life at all.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Holdit said:

none of them

14ppkc-6.png

im just glad Harrys gone home.  good riddance.

14ppkc-6.png

53 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

So that wasn’t today then. Watching the occasion I never saw any protesters. BBC reported one ringleader was arrested quite early. There’s an increase of those protesting over various things these days. I don’t consider the anti-monarchists that important.

The dropped charge was for during the proclamation. The claims of threats of arrest for chanting "not my king" and placards taken were today.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronation-protest-arrests-republic-met-police-b2333719.html

From the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65507435

The arrest of anti-monarchy protesters earlier in the day has been labelled "alarming" by human rights groups.

"The reports of people being arrested for peacefully protesting the coronation are incredibly alarming," said Human Rights Watch UK director Yasmine Ahmed.

"This is something you would expect to see in Moscow, not London."

Footage showed protesters in "Not My King" t-shirts being detained, including Mr Smith. Republic said they were stopped by police while unloading signs near the procession.

There was an incident a few months ago I believe, where a guy was arrested for heckling Prince Andrew.  Seems to me that the new powers the police have is designed to make it easy to arrest anyone they fancy arresting. 

1 hour ago, Reader said:

If you don't know how the system works, then it is best not to make stuff up.

No need to be rude. I've made nothing up. It states he was arrested for shouting "who elected him". That was said to be the reason for arrest. If there was something else said other than that, the Guernsey press didnt say so.

This was the quote...

https://guernseypress.com/news/uk-news/2023/05/04/man-arrested-for-heckling-royal-ceremony-fears-second-run-in-with-police/

A man who was arrested for shouting “who elected him?” during a proclamation ceremony for the King fears he will be detained again as he takes part in a planned protest during the coronation.

Symon Hill, 46, called out during the ceremony at Carfax Tower in Oxford in September and was handcuffed and arrested.

He was charged with using threatening or abusive words or disorderly behaviour likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress, but this was later dropped by prosecutors after a review.