Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Grand Gulch & Monument Valley

Grand Gulch & Monument Valley

In April my brother went West for his annual backpack trip.  This year their destination was Grand Gulch.  He left me his itinerary which included a detailed description of the route    Grand Gulch III, Kane to Collins 11/15 | 50 years of walking (wordpress.com)   After reading the account I was inspired to plan a flighsim tour of this area. Our journey will start from Hite (UT03) proceeding south then east passing Natural Bridges Monument and Bears Ears before heading to Kane Gulch Ranger Station – the starting point of my brother’s hike.  We follow the GG (Grand Gulch) waypoints down the canyon as Grand Gulch cuts its way into Cedar Mesa on its way to the San Juan River. We will follow the Gulch as far as the Narrows and then exit at the Collins Springs side canyon.  Cutting back east across Grand Gulch and Cedar Mesa we will land at waypoint TVOG (Viewpoint of The Valley of the Gods).   The next waypoint is Muley Point MP (also a landing) which affords views over the San Juan River and Monument Valley in the distance.  Back to the east along the winding San Juan river to Goosnecks State Park (with optional landing).   Then on to Mexican Hat Rock before landing at A Z Minerals Corporation (03UT).  From here Monument Valley is laid out directly ahead with one POI identified as “Highway from Forrest Gump Movie.”   The next 14 MV waypoints lead us through Monument Valley.  Deviation from the plan is encouraged.  We will regroup at Monument Valley (UT25)   The route resumes with a short hop over the mesa to Oljato (05UT) followed by longer 20 mile leg to the northwest – back across the San Juan for a landing at Nokai Dome (42ND).  Navajo Mountain rises prominently to the south and our next stop Navajo Mountain Airport (04UT) is located below its eastern slope.   The final leg is the longest of the route and takes us to Page Muni (KPGA)

spacer.png

Flightplan: HERE  

Aircraft:  I will be flying a Rotocraft – specifically the H145 in Contra Costa County Fire livery.  There are a couple of off airport landings planed so a Super STOL would also be appropriate.  As always you are free to fly what you like

Recommended Scenery (Freeware):

Recommend Departure time of 2:00PM local

Particulars:

•           Date and time: Saturday May 6, 18:00 UTC
  •           https://discord.gg/cgNm9Fh3
  •           MFS Multiplayer: US Eastcoast Server

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 2

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Fabulous trip -great effort- shows MSFS scenery at its very best 

Outstanding-thank you for this great piece of work

xxd09

I am missing epic flights while being away from home ….

Unfortunately, I would be missing them even if I would be at home as we lost our internet connection. The provider found out, that the signal is no longer reaching our house but has no idea why. The next attempt to fix it will be on Tuesday….

Have fun, hope to be back soon!

• Like 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

8 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Have fun, hope to be back soon!

Hope this solves your intermittent  MSFS problems! 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

I feel what you're going through Gunter. We had the same thing happen to us about three months back while we were away. Hope all goes well, and hope everything is going well on your trip!

• Like 1