Sign in to follow this  
martinboehme

Interview with ATR and CRJ dev Hans Hartmann

The latest episode of the German-language podcast "Die Simulanten" featured an interview with Hans Hartmann in which, among other things, he talks about his plans for the ATR and CRJ. I thought the information from the podcast might be interesting to those who don't speak German or simply don't want to listen to the whole interview. (There's a whole lot more there for those who want to listen to the whole thing.)

ATR

• The changelog for the update coming on Tuesday contains around 45 fixes.
  • VNAV wasn't complete in the initial release. Improvements are coming, and it sounded as if they might already be in the Tuesday update, but this wasn't entirely clear.
  • There are further updates to come. He is planning to add a Load Manager, expanded GSX support and Simbrief flight plan import.
  • Whether the initially planned cargo version will happen is unclear.

CRJ

• An update is planned for the summer (it wasn't clear whether this means he will start work in the summer or whether this is the planned release timeframe).
  • The update will contain fixes for various issues with the aircraft.
  • Additional features are also planned, including Navigraph charts, Simbrief flight plan import, and a passenger cabin.

All of this is as I understood it.

Edited by martinboehme
Changed title to make Hans Hartmann's role clear
  • Like 23
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, martinboehme said:

The latest episode of the German-language podcast "Die Simulanten" featured an interview with Hans Hartmann in which, among other things, he talks about his plans for the ATR and CRJ.

I presume Hartmann is the developer of the Aerosoft CRJ?

5 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

I presume Hartmann is the developer of the Aerosoft CRJ?

Correct, he's the developer of the CRJ and ATR. Should have said that explicitly in the original post (and I'll see if I can still edit the title to make this clearer). 

Hans' previous Flight1 ATR is my top 3 all time favourite aircraft that I've flown in a sim.    Pleased to see continued development. 😀

• Like 2

Matt Webb

The Flight 1 ATR is one of my all-time favourites too!

I remember planning a round-the-world trip at the time, starting somewhere in Europe - maybe Toulouse? - and going east. I got as far as Alice Springs before my attention got diverted to other things. But I'm now thinking I might pick up again where I left off so many years ago.

As I recall my plan was to cross to South America via a string of islands in the South Pacific. It was going to be a close call in terms of range but just doable I believe, though most certainly not with legal reserves. I would then cross South America to Recife, then cross the South Atlantic with a refueling stop on Ascension Island Again, a stretch in terms of range but maybe just doable. From there, I would make my way through Africa back to Europe.

I'm tempted to take another look at the flight planning for this and see if it can really work out. 

21 minutes ago, mspencer said:

Has anyone seen a changelog floated?

Unlikely to be published until the patch, assuming it comes out tomorrow

Any word on the update? 

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Any word on the update? 

Ta- C

I just found it in the content manager.  Seems to be about 1 gig.  Can't see the new video yet.  It will no doubt follow soon.  YouTube says two videos in the series are hidden, so there may be more than one.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Release notes.

23050908285516140518173729.png

23050908285516140518173728.png

• Like 10

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

New video (number 7) was out last night.  Mainly deals with more navigation and icing conditions.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.