Sign in to follow this  
lownslo

YouTuber Trevor Jacob pleads guilty

But if the property laws states 'To The Heavens' that would mean, when you buy a house your property not only borders your next door neighbour, but also God Above as your property line ends where heaven begins 😃

Matthew Kane

5 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

This guy explains what I've been saying and he is an actual lawyer so more credible then I am:

"This guy" is Steve Lehto, Esq., one of my favorite YouHooTube attorneys. I watched this story last month.

Just imagine what would happen were you to have a fusion powered grazer beam sweeping the cosmos constantly. After some indeterminate time, how many trans-galactic travelers you might have incinerated!  😮

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 hours ago, n4gix said:

"This guy" is Steve Lehto, Esq., one of my favorite YouHooTube attorneys. I watched this story last month.

Just imagine what would happen were you to have a fusion powered grazer beam sweeping the cosmos constantly. After some indeterminate time, how many trans-galactic travelers you might have incinerated!  😮

Yes true, Lehto is one of the good Tubers

Fusion Powered Grazer Beam sounds fun, and like Martin was saying about owning a patch of space, if you take your property line from starting at the centre of the earth, to your property boundary on the surface of the earth, and then the area expands as it goes further upwards into the cosmos that gets really big across the universe, and as it is constantly spinning at a very alarming rate the further into the cosmos, therefore you take very brief ownership of quite a chunk of the universe at any given time according to earth laws, but if you were to try to enforce our property laws on our intergalactic friends we may start an interplanetary war 🤖💥👽

Matthew Kane

So basically Mathew, what you are saying to me is that if I contacted planet Gribblebobble and explained to bobblebutt that I owned his patch of land for a given duration on a particular date, and that I wanted him evicted for that given period... he'd just raise a middle tentacle in front of my face?

• Like 1

Basically yeah, even better when first contact is the middle tentacle 🤣

Matthew Kane

3 hours ago, martin-w said:

So basically Mathew, what you are saying to me is that if I contacted planet Gribblebobble and explained to bobblebutt that I owned his patch of land for a given duration on a particular date, and that I wanted him evicted for that given period... he'd just raise a middle tentacle in front of my face?

I suggest you not try to contact Gribblebobble to evict anyone as they might complain to the Vogon's and you know what happens when the Vogon's get involved.

Edited by stans

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

6 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

but if you were to try to enforce our property laws on our intergalactic friends we may start an interplanetary war 🤖

They might order a Fusion Powered Grazer Beam from Amazon and do it right back at you. Then what?

Dugald Walker

22 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Fun Fact:  In the USA,   greater than 98% of ALL federal criminal trials end in a plea bargain.     

Trials cost money.

17 hours ago, Matthew Kane said:

your property not only borders your next door neighbour, but also God Above as your property line ends where heaven begins

I have heard of a neighbour from hell but i had no idea you could also have a neighbour from heaven.

Dugald Walker

5 hours ago, stans said:

I suggest you not try to contact Gribblebobble to evict anyone as they might complain to the Vogon's and you know what happens when the Vogon's get involved.

Actually that's a very good point.

I've reconsidered my plan, the last thing I would want is a hyperspace bypass demolishing Earth. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 2:23 AM, dmwalker said:

I have heard of a neighbour from hell but i had no idea you could also have a neighbour from heaven.

I think when these property laws were first written the general consensus was that the earth was flat as they are written 'to the heavens above and below' (which I interpret as being heaven above and hell below), but now that the general popular belief is that the earth is round, that means if you are a round earther your property terminates at the centre of the earth, but the flat earthers get everything above and below from heaven to hell 🤣

I'm a round earther and I don't actually think their is a hell so termination of my property at the centre of the earth works for me 😎

Matthew Kane

15 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

I think when these property laws were first written the general consensus was that the earth was flat as they are written 'to the heavens above and below' (which I interpret as being heaven above and hell below), but now that the general popular belief is that the earth is round, that means if you are a round earther your property terminates at the centre of the earth, but the flat earthers get everything above and below from heaven to hell 🤣

I'm a round earther and I don't actually think their is a hell so termination of my property at the centre of the earth works for me 😎

We've known the Earth was round long before modern property rights and laws were written. The ancient Greeks figured it out millenia ago, and Columbus wasn't trying to prove the world was round, only that he thought it was smaller than everyone thought. However, many of the concepts behind those laws were written when we did think the world was the centre of the universe before things like aircraft and spacecraft existed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/busting-a-myth-about-columbus-and-a-flat-earth/2011/10/10/gIQAXszQaL_blog.html

Edited by goates

4 hours ago, goates said:

We've known the Earth was round long before modern property rights and laws were written. The ancient Greeks figured it out millenia ago, and Columbus wasn't trying to prove the world was round, only that he thought it was smaller than everyone thought. However, many of the concepts behind those laws were written when we did think the world was the centre of the universe before things like aircraft and spacecraft existed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/busting-a-myth-about-columbus-and-a-flat-earth/2011/10/10/gIQAXszQaL_blog.html

This was why I used the term  'general consensus' in my post, The earth being round or how someone comprehended what that meant wasn't understood by regular folk, yes that's true Scholars back then had a better idea but when the King divided that land into Shires, and he gave Lord Derby a Shire or Lord Buckingham a Shire, they would not have understood the concept of it being on a round or a flat earth, they just named there new Shire into Derbyshire or Buckinghamshire after themselves and newly acquired land division, and then they hired a Sheriff to take care of their new Shire for them and collect the taxes.

A lot of US Law is based on old English Law and a lot of things cross over, in the USA they don't call them Shires they call them Counties but the concept is the same as a County is a land division as well, and they still use a Sheriff to take care of them, so the property being outlined 'to the heavens above and below' would be a cross over from old English Law too. 

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

48 minutes ago, Matthew Kane said:

This was why I used the term  'general consensus' in my post, The earth being round or how someone comprehended what that meant wasn't understood by regular folk, yes that's true Scholars back then had a better idea but when the King divided that land into Shires, and he gave Lord Derby a Shire or Lord Buckingham a Shire, they would not have understood the concept of it being on a round or a flat earth, they just named there new Shire into Derbyshire or Buckinghamshire after themselves and newly acquired land division, and then they hired a Sheriff to take care of their new Shire for them and collect the taxes.

A lot of US Law is based on old English Law and a lot of things cross over, in the USA they don't call them Shires they call them Counties but the concept is the same as a County is a land division as well, and they still use a Sheriff to take care of them, so the property being outlined 'to the heavens above and below' would be a cross over from old English Law too. 

Which was almost entirely to do with people thinking God (or gods, of whichever religion one followed) created the Earth for us, especially kings and emperors (cause they're the chosen ones, dontcha know), and little to nothing to do with whether they thought it was round or flat. As they also had little ability to go up very far, and not much further down either, claiming everything to the heavens and below was an easy way to describe it.

Edited by goates
  • Upvote 1