Sign in to follow this  
robert young

JF Warrior-Arrows Mod Testers request

Hello,

Just Flight have given their approval for me to attempt a few mods for their Warrior, Arrow and Turbo Arrows package. At the moment my time is quite limited owing to health issues, but I have created modded flight models (so no system or other tweaks) and invite a very limited number of users, especially those who have issues with handling, to test the mods before possibly releasing them.

As far as I can gather the complaints centred around ground handling, lack of control authority at low speeds and a few other things. I think I can only deal with a very limited number of testers so if you feel you can contribute and can explain exactly what you find needing improvement please PM me and I can let up to 8 people test. I can't promise miracles but so far I'm quite pleased with the improvements.

Thank you.

Robert Young

• Like 24
  • Upvote 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Robert, wow this is great news 🙏🏻 I think you mentioned that you might give it a shot in an earlier thread?

I love the Arrow and would like to help with this… I won’t really be able to dedicate some proper time until July since work is crazy at the moment. So I don’t want to take up one of the 8 slots and waste your time.

If you don’t have an account I can help to link this post over on the official forums to see what we could muster there in terms of volunteers… obviously only if you are OK 😁

There’s a thread where the Arrows are discussed regularly including the flight models.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/pa-28r-arrow-iii-from-just-flight/376056/

• Like 1

@robert young  Well this is superb news!  These are great aircraft but definitely need a bit of TLC with the handling from someone like you.

I can't test myself due to lack of time, and to be totally honest, I don't have the experience, either real life or otherwise - there are much better people who could help.
I can't wait to see the end result though.  Sincere thanks for taking this on Robert!

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

This is great news! There's a lot to like about the JF Arrow/Warrior, but controlling them feels a bit weird, at least on my controllers, despite trying to adjust my settings specifically for this family of planes.

I'm extremely happy to learn you're going to tune their flight models, as this is the main point that keeps me from flying them more often than I do.

I won't join the beta test, as I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to dedicate to test-flying the modded aircraft in the coming months, and I don't have any real-world flying experience.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the results of this mod. Thanks you so much for your effort!

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Yes, I'd love to help as I really love their planes but a little disheartened by this not being alleviated. I have all the Arrow series, not the warrior. I'd like to help if you're able to fit me in.

I'd like to send a message but the forum says it won't let me for some reason. I am on my phone right now.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I think I have roughly 150hrs in the cadet/Warrior/Archer (not arrow though). I was also a betatester for JF a few years back, so I know the real plane allright  and the JF package quite well (and its short comings).
How extensive are the testings? I'm very choked at work  + family so might not be able to dedicate the time you need, which would be waste of a beta spot.

fyi Groundhandling was discussed at great lengths during beta, and the first hurdle is to get all testers to have equal rudder curves and sensitivities, or you will probably receive mixed feedback.

Edited by SAS443

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

49 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

I think I have roughly 150hrs in the cadet/Warrior/Archer (not arrow though). I was also a betatester for JF a few years back, so I know the real plane allright  and the JF package quite well (and its short comings).
How extensive are the testings? I'm very choked at work  + family so might not be able to dedicate the time you need, which would be waste of a beta spot.

fyi Groundhandling was discussed at great lengths during beta, and the first hurdle is to get all testers to have equal rudder curves and sensitivities, or you will probably receive mixed feedback.

Most of the mod control settings assume a fairly flat line as that is what should be aimed for rather than making extreme curves to compensate for f/m parameters. My goal is to be able to avoid excessive low sensitivity curves being needed as far as possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On 5/18/2023 at 3:26 AM, robert young said:

please PM me

Not working.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

20 minutes ago, bofhlusr said:

Not working.

Sorry about this. I can send messages as far as I know, but I'm not sure why I'm not receiving them. I will investigate. Thanks for your patience.

My pm inbox might have been full. I just emptied/deleted a whole lot so I assume this was the problem. Please try again and sorry for the inconvenience.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, robert young said:

My pm inbox might have been full. I just emptied/deleted a whole lot so I assume this was the problem. Please try again and sorry for the inconvenience.

I think it's working now. I just sent a test message.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I keep my controller curves flat and I'm very happy with that. Way back I used to adjust my controller curves, but I find things much easier to control with flat setup. I use a Logitech Extreme3DPro joystick (elevator trim on the throttle axis), and two ChProducts twin engine throttle etc controllers (for four engine planes) and Ch Products rudder peals pro. 

The only issue I have with the Warrior after the update (I fly that in the sim a lot since it's what I rent) is that it weathervanes on the ground pretty bad when taxiing at low speed. A ten knot wind made it pretty hard to taxi. Not impossible, but lots of having to stop and lots of rudder. 

In the air I find it handles very well. 

Edited by FlyingsCool

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

I can't help with the beta testing, as I don't consider myself precise or competent enough. However, I do offer my encouragement and will be following developments keenly. The JF Arrow III was my first payware add-on for MSFS, and it is still my favourite GA single. One of the best purchases I've made in any flight sim. Good luck with the mod! 👍

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Is there a Just Flight Warrior sim pilot out there who can test the mod? This is the only variant left that hasn't been properly tested. Any takers?

Edited by robert young