Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Status of Fulcrum and Orders

I wish Chris well and think his product is very good but he really needs to improve his communication and make some changes to his business model. It looks like two months of silence from him, based on his profile details today. People are rightly upset and requesting refunds. The first thing I think needs doing is updating the website with accurate lead time estimates on a regular basis and removal of the requirement to pay on placement of an order. Only charge the buyer’s CC when the product is shipped. At least weekly posts here with relevant updates is a minimum. 

• Upvote 2

i7-11700k, ASUS TUF RTX 4080, Varjo Aero, Virpil/TM/HC/VKB and Fulcrum Yoke.

Any news on the throttles being received yet ? 

my refund is sitting in my account generating interest so once I know these are shipping I’ll purchase again.

Looks like I lost mine from long long time ago, at the other side of earth.

So sad about I thought it should be a good one.

I got the york at the first, lost the throttle at the end.

So is there anyone left who still wants to 'give him time'? Ray? ark? Kevin?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I am!
Granted, I don't have any outstanding orders to be fulfillled so my patience is not being tested. On the other hand, my Honeycomb Bravo is falling apart and I would have ordered a Fulcrum TQ if things were differently.

But I am already looking for alternatives. The cheapest would be another Bravo but they don't really deserve more of my money since their products lasts for only a bit longer than their warranty period. The only product that comes close to the Fulcrum TQ quality is the Virtual Fly TQ, which has no option for Jets and is almost twice the price.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, orchestra_nl said:

The only product that comes close to the Fulcrum TQ quality is the Virtual Fly TQ, which has no option for Jets and is almost twice the price.

Therein lies the real problem. Economics.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

So an update on my personal battle for a refund. Initially PayPal told me that I was getting a refund within 30 days. That time frame has long since come and gone. Contacted PayPal this morning and was told Fulcrum has attempted to issue an "eCheck" on more than one occasion but has been turned down by his bank due to insufficient funds. PayPal is now issuing me a refund directly from PayPal, which is suppose to post in 3 to 5 days, with Fulcrum now owing PayPal the amount that PayPal will refund me. I'll let ya know when the refund comes through directly from PayPal. 

I noticed on Fulcrum's site that he's no longer taking orders and everything is sold out. My personal Fulcrum account still lists my order as "processing", even though I requested an order cancellation and a refund twice from Fulcrum. He's in trouble with PayPal (fruad division is on the case now) so I'm almost certain he's in trouble financially as well. For those of you still waiting on order fulfillment, it's your perogitive to continue to hold out hope of getting your stuff, but I wouldn't wait any longer. Good luck to you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I placed my order for the throttle last November and paid using PayPal. I don't believe I can get my money back anymore. It's a shame. It didn't have to come to this. Chris should've been more open with us. We could've helped them. Oh well. 

• Upvote 2

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

20 hours ago, mrcultureshock said:

I placed my order for the throttle last November and paid using PayPal. I don't believe I can get my money back anymore. It's a shame. It didn't have to come to this. Chris should've been more open with us. We could've helped them. Oh well. 

Not through PayPal no, they operate an 180 day returns policy so you are outside that band.

it’s why I posted earlier in the threads that people should check if they paid with PayPal that they are still covered.

credit cards are usually upto 24 months product cover. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 5:08 PM, orchestra_nl said:

I am!
Granted, I don't have any outstanding orders to be fulfillled so my patience is not being tested. On the other hand, my Honeycomb Bravo is falling apart and I would have ordered a Fulcrum TQ if things were differently.

But I am already looking for alternatives. The cheapest would be another Bravo but they don't really deserve more of my money since their products lasts for only a bit longer than their warranty period. The only product that comes close to the Fulcrum TQ quality is the Virtual Fly TQ, which has no option for Jets and is almost twice the price.

That’s where I am now. My bravo is hanging on after 2 years, but there are so little other options that cater for all variants of flight with paying out hundreds/ thousands.

the closest I’ve seen is a highly precise Kingair350 throttle quadrant which could be used for everything but that’s $$$$

PayPal came through. The refund posted to my card a short time ago - it came directly from PayPal. At least that's overwith. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in that regard. It truly is a shame that Chris couldn't get his you know what together on this. Funny thing is my Fulcrum order continues to say "processing". I guess he didn't get the memo, of which I sent several.

I'm now looking for a "other than Fulcrum" replacement for my aging Precision Flight Controls (PFC) Cirrus yoke. The Cirrus has been the best yoke I've had, and has been good to me, but has very small pitch movement. It has limited buttons and no eight way hat, but it still works quite well and remains very smooth. Mastering pitch on it is a challenge due to the small movement of that axis, which is why I'm looking for something else.

I'm seriouslly looking at the Yoko the Yoke+. Seems to be every bit as good as a PFC in build quality, only a little bit cheaper. Only problem is I'm having trouble nailing down what the pitch axis range of motion is, which seems quite large in videos (though not as great as the Fulcrum was promised to be). Either way it looks like it's better than the PFC Cirrus. Anybody out there have experience with Yoko?

23 minutes ago, Warthog64 said:

Funny thing is my Fulcrum order continues to say "processing". I guess he didn't get the memo, of which I sent several.

Quick correction: I thought my order on Fulcrum still said processing. Turns out it now says cancelled. I guess he's finally getting around to addressing things, and everything still shows out of stock.

5 hours ago, Warthog64 said:

Anybody out there have experience with Yoko?

I posted my thoughts here.  Short version is I’m very happy with it.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU