Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Status of Fulcrum and Orders

I appreciate the update Ray. The time is right just now for an update though, realistically it should have been before now. If he contacted me and explained the situation and said it would be another 3-6 months then I would be okay with that. The lack of any communication, including to those that have requested a refund is not acceptable though. This really needs to improve, transparency is key in such situations.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Chris will post an update when he feels the time is right.

Based on the type of support Chris provided before the pandemic and its associated problems hit, I believe Chris is a good and honest person who was caught in a difficult situation. I also believe that it has been the complete absence of any communication that has prompted many to request a refund. When and if Chris is able to post some potentially encouraging news, I certainly plan to reorder the TQ.

Al 

Edited by ark

4 minutes ago, ark said:

When and if Chris is able to post some potentially encouraging news, I certainly plan to reorder the TQ.

Do I take it from that you have requested a refund on your original order? If so that’s a pity although understandable.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

24 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Do I take it from that you have requested a refund on your original order? If so that’s a pity although understandable.

Yes. If your post of today reporting that you had heard from Chris had been just a week or so ago, I would have waited longer to see if any more news would eventually be forthcoming. The fact that nobody had heard from Chris for a very long time was the key factor in my very reluctant decision that I had to press on with a much less desirable TQ option. So although I have now spent money on my "backup" TQ setup, I am willing to reorder as soon as I see some indication from Chris that the Fulcrum TQ will eventually be produced.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve heard from Chris and he’s doing his best in a difficult situation. He’s doesn’t know I’ve posted this and I’m not going say much more than this.

If you can afford to wait for your order then please do. Requesting a refund doesn’t help the company. I’m in the same boat as many others as I’ve paid for the quadrant.

This is a fledging company created just before the pandemic. The design of both the yoke and throttle quadrant is first class. I think we can all agree on that.

It just requires the parts to be supplied so they can be assembled and shipped out. The more money Fulcrum can hang on to the better the chances of you getting your order.

I’ve told Chris I’m happy to wait as long as it takes. Chris will post an update when he feels the time is right.

Thanks for the update Ray.  I too have pre-ordered the TQ based on my experience with the Fulcrum yoke and the excellent customer service that Chris has provided previously.  I hope that Chris is doing ok, I still have another 3 months left before my 180 days Paypal refund window closes and am content to wait for those 3 months if that is what it takes.

Bryan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Chris will post an update when he feels the time is right.

That's all right then.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I’ve heard from Chris this morning. He is instigating a plan which to me sounds very encouraging. I’m not revealing details as that’s down to Chris, not me.

I’m more confident I will now receive my TQ. It might take longer but I don’t mind waiting. The important thing is Chris’s plan sounds like good common sense and will drastically reduce his overheads.

Stick with him. He’s a good bloke doing his best under very difficult circumstances. 👍

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Frankly Ray, it shouldn't be down to you to impart these pearls. The longer this goes on the more distrust is being sown. I STILL haven't got my refund and I suspect no-one else has. So his losing revenue excuse doesn't wash. Looking at his company records that are available online he is broke. Jusy come out and say it, then we can put the whole thing to bed.

The good thing to have come out of this is that I have a Fulcrum yoke.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

@Ron Attwood, have faith. I have. The difference between us is I’ve met him on numerous occasions and am in a far better position to judge him than you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It would take five minutes to come here and post a brief update.  I’ll leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Have faith? Like in  *******? The son of God?

Edited by Ron Attwood

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

It would take five minutes to come here and post a brief update.  I’ll leave it at that.

True -- and I agree that would be helpful to Fulcrum. However, my guess is once Chris' plan to get things moving again is in place and working so he has something concrete to report, he will do so. I do find Ray's post above regarding the existence of a recovery plan to be somewhat encouraging.

Al

Edited by ark

On 8/6/2023 at 11:16 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

It just requires the parts to be supplied so they can be assembled and shipped out. The more money Fulcrum can hang on to the better the chances of you getting your order.

Hm, so if I understand your statement correctly, Chris is using money from one purchasers order to fulfill the earlier order of someone else? Is he using my money to supply previous orders? That just sounds wrong to me in so many ways. I'll say this, he is failing to supply me with a product he clearly states on his website would be shipped out 4ish weeks after ordering.

If he didn't have proper financial backing BEFORE starting this endeavor than he shouldn't have proceeded at all. I've sent him two emails and two website support inquires cancelling the order (of course, no reply at all, not even an acknowledgement that he received them). Heck, my order status still reflects "processing", if you can believe that.

I can tell you that PayPal is not happy with him. They still say I'm getting a full refund back to my Visa card, but it keeps getting delayed for some reason. The latest is 5 - 7 days, possibly 30 days (dependent on how fast things move). PayPal is less than forthcoming on where the refund is coming from (i.e. is it PayPal refunding my money, or waiting for him to do it?) I'll give it the 30 days, but after that I'm starting a case with Visa. His business practice is appalling, not to mention his comunication skills.

Ray, if you are the only one that can communicate with this guy, than please inform him that a fair number of people are pretty doggone ticked off at this point. He needs to get it together and refund those of us that have requested it......now!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warthog64 said:

Hm, so if I understand your statement correctly, Chris is using money from one purchasers order to fulfill the earlier order of someone else? Is he using my money to supply previous orders? That just sounds wrong to me in so many ways.

I don’t know how the business is run. The point of my post was to hopefully reassure people Chris is still around.

I have suggested he posts here and I’m sure he will when he has something concrete to say.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well I received a refund from Bank of America today. Hope fulcrum is able to sort out it's problems. I would have stuck with my order but this lack of communication was a deal breaker. Good luck to you all. 

• Like 4