Sign in to follow this  
Rein2

New version Active Sky for P3d5.4

Version 8557. Compatible with 5.4

From the changelog: 

Prepar3D v5.3 and 5.4+ support is now included, with further EA integration features including new in-cloud visibility reduction and cloud motion effect for low ceiling cloud layers, and extended radar integration with legacy clouds in EA mode.  The latest 5.4 update from Lockheed Martin is recommended.

In a few minutes I'll start a flight from EGPH to EGPD and perhaps see some improvements.

Rein

• Like 6

Flew out of Philadelphia this morning (approximately 11 am) with the new updated Active Sky using EA.  The smoky sky from Canada was evident.  Hardly any visibility...just like what it looked like outside my window.  Above 6500 feet, I started to see blue sky.  This was a really cool experience that replicated real life.

Stan

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Rein2 said:

Version 8557. Compatible with 5.4

From the changelog: 

Prepar3D v5.3 and 5.4+ support is now included, with further EA integration features including new in-cloud visibility reduction and cloud motion effect for low ceiling cloud layers, and extended radar integration with legacy clouds in EA mode.  The latest 5.4 update from Lockheed Martin is recommended.

In a few minutes I'll start a flight from EGPH to EGPD and perhaps see some improvements.

Rein

Cheers

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, spilok said:

Flew out of Philadelphia this morning (approximately 11 am) with the new updated Active Sky using EA.  The smoky sky from Canada was evident.  Hardly any visibility...just like what it looked like outside my window.  Above 6500 feet, I started to see blue sky.  This was a really cool experience that replicated real life.

Stan

Very cool will check that out...mind you not so cool when you're in it....

• Like 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Stan

I just tried replicating this and didn't see any haze.  Then I realized that was because my active sky ground visibility settings were wrong, but I've fixed now!  And agree with you, it looks very realistic with the haze/smoke.

• Upvote 1

Orman

1 hour ago, okupton said:

I just tried replicating this and didn't see any haze.  Then I realized that was because my active sky ground visibility settings were wrong, but I've fixed now!  And agree with you, it looks very realistic with the haze/smoke.

Please advise what settings cause I don't see the smoke haze from cyyz.

Edited by Boomer
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Please advise what settings cause I don't see the smoke haze from cyyz.

Just started as usual.  Active Sky, and EA enabled.  No particular settings in the sim.  Was REALLY hazy in Philly just like the smoke I see outside my home. I do use Cloud Art as well which starts with Active Sky.

I just started another flight from KABE, my home airport in Allentown, Pa. and the sky was totally smoked over.  ZERO visibility on the runway. So it must be the Cloud Art that adds the realism to this weather.

Stan

Edited by spilok

1 hour ago, spilok said:

Just started as usual.  Active Sky, and EA enabled.  No particular settings in the sim.  Was REALLY hazy in Philly just like the smoke I see outside my home. I do use Cloud Art as well which starts with Active Sky.

I just started another flight from KABE, my home airport in Allentown, Pa. and the sky was totally smoked over.  ZERO visibility on the runway. So it must be the Cloud Art that adds the realism to this weather.

Stan

Sorry dude what does EA enabled mean?

spacer.png

Check your minimum surface visibility setting in active sky.  Mine was set at 20 miles or something like that,  so I always had 20 miles of visibility or greater.  Knocked that setting down to the lowest possible setting and problem fixed.

Edited by okupton
  • Like 1

Orman

25 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Enhanced Atmospherics. It's a P3D setting.

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Enhanced Atmospherics.  It's a setting in the sim.  To me, it's so much more realistic than having it off. I also use God's Rays!

• Upvote 1

Glad to see HiFi still supporting P3D versions, can't wait to see what they have for V6.

Hello, 

Thanks I love the new version ...

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

@DuduGuimaraes, yes it does.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather