Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Mk Studios ditched P3D

Hi,

Is rumours true Mk has ditched P3D updates?

With DUB new Runway and dual runway ops now in force how can we still use DUB addon airport from Mkstudios if they aren’t updating anymore

Vernon Howells

Mk is now one of the partners in ORBX scenery program.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

But have they now ditched updates for P3D?

Vernon Howells

Yes, I believe they made a comment on their Facebook page a few months ago that all further P3d development is on hold.

A shame because I was really looking forward to LIRF and getting the new runway for EIDW.

• Upvote 1

Orman

The one that annoyed me the most was RD Presets EHRD Rotterdam v2. After accepting that v1 needed to be improved, they released a much improved version 2 for MSFS and XPlane, and then decided not to bother with P3D. I was really looking forward to a decent version of that airport in P3Dv4, and they jumped overboard at the last hurdle. I am sure that it made financial sense, but it still word not allowed me off.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Makes sense. P3D has a tiny, tiny audience - likely not worth it anymore.

• Upvote 2

not many use P3D now I only ever use it occasionally to fly the PMDG 777 and 747

Jason Richards

7 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Weird thing is back in October 22 MK Studios was featured on the P3 website with a showcase of their work.

MK-STUDIOS Showcase – Prepar3D

Things can change a lot in a period of 8 months in the flightsim universe.

Like many developpers, if they still have sceneries for P3D in the oven, they will probably release them but it becomes financially difficult to invest development time on new sceneries in P3D those days. And it might not be easy to convert a full msfs scenery into P3D. The opposite is more easy apparently as it reflects on some average msfs products.

I hope for you guys that at least they will keep updating their former P3D release like Dublin.

I reckon that MK Studios airports will be in the new V6 version of p3d for free when it is released.😄

Guest Kalnon

P3Dv5 has really become a niche simulator, it will never become as popular as MSFS or X-Plane 11 and 12.  Personally, I will be using it for a very long time to come, I really enjoy the platform now that I have it set up the way I want.  As much as I love P3Dv5, development and product updates for it does seem to keep dying out more and more and it makes me so very sad ☹️