Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

REX Weather Force - Me Only?

I bought REX WF way back and had all the issues like studders, etc. Downloaded it yesterday and man it has changed. The weather is great and yes lightning too. I love the way it makes the area more Congested than the default. Just flew SEZ and the sunset was ridiculous. Anyone else? 

Edited by cchiozza

Chris Chiozza

I have to agree - it's vastly improved. I'm not too sure as to how *accurate* the weather depictions are, but the visuals are great.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Yep agreed, have not had time to look at that but dang, just search for rain, storms and I feel like I am there. In VR is ridiculous. Was just flying around France and could not believe what I saw..

• Upvote 1

Chris Chiozza

I also use it and overall its a way better depiction than default, even though both improved since 2 years ago. Whats still there however is the issue that wind doesnt get properly inserted on ground level, resulting in AI traffic using the wrong runways. A fix for that is out of REX hands and would need collaboration from asobos side. They, on the other hand, are too busy making sci-fi aircraft and fancy trailers to promote their new MSFS version which will probably still not fix those things. 😉

• Upvote 2

Thank you everyone for your kind words. We have some great things planned for a future edition and finally historic weather!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

19 minutes ago, rstough said:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. We have some great things planned for a future edition and finally historic weather!

The magic words for a portion of pilots here!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Beautiful Sunset Flight Over Burlington, Ontario + Cool Instrumental + GoPro Aerial Cameras | 4K

4 hours ago, rstough said:

Hi Reed! Great to hear about historic weather! 🙂

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Well, historic weather is as useless as current weather if not finally weather fronts are implemented into live weather from REX. As long as this is not included, REX weather is of no use to me, no matter how good it looks (sadly).

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

All I can say is aerosol setting in and of itself is worth it to me as a real pilot. It looks so much more realistic especially when low level.

Chris Chiozza

I need to update my Rex!  Thanks for posting & commenting on what’s to be seen in VR.  Good stuff!  

• Like 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

How about a screenshot of the wonderment? 

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 6/14/2023 at 6:43 AM, AnkH said:

Well, historic weather is as useless as current weather if not finally weather fronts are implemented into live weather from REX. As long as this is not included, REX weather is of no use to me, no matter how good it looks (sadly).

Of course it depicts weather fronts.  Rex will clearly show the degradation in weather as you fly towards a front.  however, Rex will show the changes in 5 minute chunks if you have set weather downloads to 5 minutes.

You have a clear desire to see a weather front in the far distance. At present, MSFS live weather is your only option. This fact hardly makes Rex 'useless'. It brings its own weather features to the weather table that many find desirable. I find its depiction of various cloud types to be better than default in many cases.

Having choices does not equall useless.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Of course it depicts weather fronts.  [...] You have a clear desire to see a weather front in the far distance.

Ehm, in my understanding of "depicting weatherfronts", your statement basically confirms that REX is unable to do so. Another example: as my homebase is in Switzerland, I do a lot of flights over the Alps. As a matter of fact, when flying at 36'000ft over the Alps, you have in many, many occasions almost overcast weather on one side and almost clear skies on the other side of the Alps and you can clearly see this. REX is unable to show this. Then, 90% of the weather in Europe is dominated by weather fronts, meaning you can clearly see a front approaching you, even when sitting on the ground (does not even have to be "in the far distance"). The issue here is that REX is unable to depict anything else than an uniform weather situation ranging from horizon to horizon and as a matter of fact, this has little to nothing to do with a realistic weather depiction in many areas of the world. 

• Like 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS