Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

FLYING Magazine covers FS2020 now

Hope y'all enjoy this stuff I am doing... open to any suggestions for future material, ideas etc.... mostly trying to educate real pilots like myself of varying experience levels how beneficial this is to career and efficiency. 

Peter James, Author at FLYING Magazine

Simulating Thunderstorm Convection Craziness - FLYING Magazine

A Virtual, Wind-Battled Landing on a Mountaintop Runway - FLYING Magazine

• Like 14

Very nice, bookmarked. 👍

Nowadays it's all videos and streaming, I like a good reading like in the old times.

Like this one too: https://www.flyingmag.com/flight-sims-real-world-flying-interact-beautifully/

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Is this you Peter ?  Peter Pan Unlimited 3 🙂 ????

Welcome !

Every time you return to "authoring activity" as a passionate aviator, both real and virtually, I can't but recall the extraordinary times I had with FU3, the texts you wrote about it, and also, sadly, how it came to an end only too soon, well, by the hand of the MS Empire...

Good to know you're enjoying the latest run of their franchise, "soon" to be replaced by yet a new one.

I like MFS too, and that site whose link you posted above is bookmarked for good!  Thank you!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

I sense there will be many angry letters to the editor regarding MSFS2024.  Perhaps even demanding it only be covered in a different editions of the magazine.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

3 hours ago, JETPETER2 said:

Hope y'all enjoy this stuff I am doing... open to any suggestions for future material, ideas etc.... mostly trying to educate real pilots like myself of varying experience levels how beneficial this is to career and efficiency. 

Peter James, Author at FLYING Magazine

Simulating Thunderstorm Convection Craziness - FLYING Magazine

A Virtual, Wind-Battled Landing on a Mountaintop Runway - FLYING Magazine

Hi Peter - love this but with all "ads" content for south east real estate and lack of hard copy paper magazine, had to cancel after 20yrs. Would love to subscribe again if you can get back to its roots...

• Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

the print magazine is incredibly beautiful now, more like a book.... different content  - I do flightsims now in both publications.....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jcomm said:

Is this you Peter ?  Peter Pan Unlimited 3 🙂 ????

Welcome !

Every time you return to "authoring activity" as a passionate aviator, both real and virtually, I can't but recall the extraordinary times I had with FU3, the texts you wrote about it, and also, sadly, how it came to an end only too soon, well, by the hand of the MS Empire...

Good to know you're enjoying the latest run of their franchise, "soon" to be replaced by yet a new one.

I like MFS too, and that site whose link you posted above is bookmarked for good!  Thank you!

welcome! Yes It is me, some 23 years after leading the design of FU3... ugh...... appreciate the kind remarks... I am thrilled to be with FLYING.... 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JETPETER2 said:

welcome! Yes It is me, some 23 years after leading the design of FU3... ugh...... appreciate the kind remarks... I am thrilled to be with FLYING.... 

Here one more retired FU1 + 2 fan (never bought 3). Still in my best memories, boxes still on my shelf.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

55 minutes ago, JETPETER2 said:

Flight Unlimited 3 gave me probably the most enjoyment that I have ever had in flight simulation. I used it (plus the FU2 San Francisco scenery) exclusively between 2000 and 2008. Those were great days :cool:

• Like 4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

22 minutes ago, pmb said:

Here one more retired FU1 + 2 fan (never bought 3). Still in my best memories, boxes still on my shelf.

Kind regards, Michael

Actually the *only* box I kept until today was the FU3 one, with the full content including the FU2 CDs 🙂

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Flight Unlimited 3 gave me probably the most enjoyment that I have ever had in flight simulation. I used it (plus the FU2 San Francisco scenery) exclusively between 2000 and 2008. Those were great days :cool:

That makes 2 of us Christopher :-)... Well, not totally true because during that period I kept using Aerowinx PS1 and a very "rare" simulator - "LAS" : Light Aircraft Simulator, UK made 🙂

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

2 & 3 here 😇 !

<sigh>

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Omg omg omg  *THE* Peter James of LG FU3 Fame...  😃😃😃😃😃🤩🤩

I had FU1 & FU3! , It was difficult to find a FU2 here in Norway.. 

This Thread:

*was started* because of the infuence your Fantastic sim had on me using FU3...with the Beechjet,

You perhaps recognize *my signature/Avatar picture*

😀 , it's no coincidence.. 

I became a Completel Bizzjet nut afterwards.. And still to this day... 😂

Best regards a BIG Fan ! 👍👍👍

Thanks for everything Peter!

Your a Fantastic writer! /and Tutorial guy.

Edited by Rune-ENHD
Missing link to post

The Kai Tak experience was an amazing read!

The guy summed the experience up in perfect words!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

me too I never knew back in 1999 /2000 I would become a real beechjet 400a captain, then later on to fly Falcons and the Bombardier Challenger 300 for a job!

• Like 2

Peter ? Do you still have an affection for the humble ol 400A/Hawker/XP400 ? From FU3

😊 Would you like too see it *come full circle* back to a: Takeoff from Renton and fly to Boeing-field 😃😃 in MSFS2020/2024

OR... are you most interested in *modern* Bizzjets nowadays?