Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

MSFS 2024 Updated FAQ

I am posting this here because they conveniently made a list of new features and it's easier to read. Overall good stuff. The only thing i really wanted and is missing is a way to have water masking around the world without it being manually done only for certain areas (es: caribbean)

https://www.flightsimulator.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-2024-faq/

Will Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 have improved loading times? 

One of the biggest priorities for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 is to improve the simulator’s data management. One of the major changes to the simulator’s architecture being made is using Cloud streaming to help ensure that the client becomes thin. When users load into the sim, only the textures, meshes, and map data that they need will be downloaded to avoid unnecessary bandwidth and disk space usage. 

This will keep the minimum specifications of the sim as low as it is now and will also reduce update and load times. 

Will there be airliners in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024? 

Yes! We have not yet announced the full list of aircraft available in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, but it will include several new airliners. We are certain that players will be very excited when they see the full list of available aircraft later this year. 

How many people are working on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024? 

We have over 500 team members across several teams who are working to make Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 the biggest and most advanced consumer flight simulator ever released. 

Will the missions and activities in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 be like video game missions? 

The missions and activities that are being included in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 are authentic re-creations of those performed in real-live aviation fields. We are working with a variety of organizations — such as firefighting, search and rescue, and coast guard organizations — across the planet to make these activities as accurate as possible. 

Will there be improvements to the core simulator technology in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024? 

The development team is improving almost every aspect of the simulator. Some examples include: 

• Improved multithreading to improve performance 
  • Faster download, load, and installation speeds 
  • Improved aerodynamics and physics simulation 
  • Improved aircraft systems including electrical, pneumatic, fuel, and hydraulics 
  • New failure and wear & tear system 
  • Deeper and wider avionics systems
  • Cockpit tablet available by default 

Will there be changes to the scenery and terrain in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024? 

We are improving the global digital twin in three different ways: 

Static World:

• Improved ground details 
  • 3D tessellated ground materials 
  • Enhanced 3D trees with greatly increased diversity 
  • Improved cliffs 

Living World:

• Animal herds and migrations 
  • Worldwide live ship traffic 
  • Accurate live air traffic (models, liveries) 
  • Improved vehicle traffic 

Dynamic World:

• Full seasons 
  • Aurora Borealis / Aurora Australis 
  • Tornados 
  • Storms 
Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 19

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Thanks for this listing.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Sounds really, really good. They've made some great changes and improvements.

Outside of improving the load times, which was a long time coming, I hope the UI / UX and feel of the menus gets an overhaul as well. They feel so clunky and obnoxious to use with a mouse and keyboard. Do away with little stupid things like the game menu pops up and asks about profile, when I turn on my Xbox controller to look around. Annoying things like being able to press escape to bring up the menu but not being able to press escape again to close it, now I have to use my mouse. Just the general feel of sluggishness when clicking and accessing things, animations to open stuff, do away with all these big buttons, menus and huge pictures built around playing on a TV with an Xbox controller. Oh and let's have a proper top menu back, like the debug menu just without it freezing our logged hours and built around just quick access to basic things. Having to quit out of the flight to change something is silly.

That's one area where I will absolutely commend X-Plane; their menus and the speed of navigating them is an absolutely joy. Setting up controls is a breeze.

If they nail that, I'd be a very happy man.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Real world AI liveries and models? Although I’ve never heard MS directly say this, many members here claimed licensing/copyright  was the reason it doesn’t exist by default in 2020. I’m unsure that was ever correct. I think the real reason was MS CHOSE not to add this.  But it’s good to see 2024 will have some substance. 

Still not buying it unless ATC is dramatically improved. For me, that is a basic tool of flight simulation. 

2 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Living World:

• Animal herds and migrations 
  • Worldwide live ship traffic 
  • Accurate live air traffic (models, liveries) 
  • Improved vehicle traffic 

I wonder where this leaves Henrik Nielsen's GAIST - or has Asobo made him an offer he can't refuse ?

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

7 minutes ago, Paul K said:

I wonder where this leaves Henrik Nielsen's GAIST - or has Asobo made him an offer he can't refuse ?

it is not the GAIST RT Version Henrik and I are currently developing - but based on the new situation by MSFS2024 we are currently discussing what we will do.

• Like 3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

it is not the GAIST RT Version Henrik and I are currently developing - but based on the new situation by MSFS2024 we are currently discussing what we will do.

I wouldn't do anything yet, if I were you.

They were announcing world wide AI Traffic before the release of MSFS as well and look how reliable that live traffic turned out. Generic models, no real world liveries, spotty coverage (I mean who chooses Flightaware as a dataprovider? Duh!).

If they go the same approach with Marine Traffic, it will be absolutely no alternative to what you and Henrik are cooking up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

They were announcing world wide AI Traffic before the release of MSFS as well and look how reliable that live traffic turned out. Generic models, no real world liveries, spotty coverage (I mean who chooses Flightaware as a dataprovider? Duh!).

If they go the same approach with Marine Traffic, it will be absolutely no alternative to what you and Henrik are cooking up.

correct, we are currently working on something that will come to MSFS2020 and will work out of the box^^

13 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Yeah as said, wouldn't worry too much. I very much doubt they will have the amount of custom models of GAIST, nor the advanced backend you guys are cooking up. This focus might just benefit you, in terms of better ship effects and physics, possibly?

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

18 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Good points. The standard of ship models in GAIST is reason enough to keep development going.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

6 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Good points. The standard of ship models in GAIST is reason enough to keep development going.

thats what we are doing 😉

• Like 5

Some things modders just do a "better" job of than the official Dev teamd, seen the same in racing Sims throughout the years and there's plenty of evidence in the flight sim world as well.

I have great confidence in Henrik and his team's abilities, far more so than Asobos in this case going on recent history. Sure it'll be interesting to see what Asobo come up with in regards to ships & traffic, but should Henrik release anything for the next sim I'll be one of the first to download.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just now, MarcG said:

Some things modders just do a "better" job of than the official Dev teamd, seen the same in racing Sims throughout the years and there's plenty of evidence in the flight sim world as well.

I have great confidence in Henrik and his team's abilities, far more so than Asobos in this case going on recent history. Sure it'll be interesting to see what Asobo come up with in regards to ships & traffic, but should Henrik release anything for the next sim I'll be one of the first to download.

the big question at the moment is the "data-provider issue" we are facing.... and tbh I have the feeling it might be related to what we have seen yesterday 😞 If that is the case - we have to start from scratch regarding the live-data part of the addon....

But overall yesterdays presentation regarding AI traffic (aviation, ships and road traffic) give me much hope we will see significat changes in the core of the simulator we all as 3rd party can benefit.

• Like 4

.. after reading it ... all became clear  "you can continue using msfs 2020, but if you want any improve change to msfs 2024" ....

Edited by ECONINO
  • Upvote 1

Intel I9-13900K @ 5,5 GHz, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Master, 32 Gb Kingston Fury DDR5 @ 6000 MHz, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB 7,000/5,000MB/s, RX 6750 XT 12Gb, Samsung G5 LC32G55TQBUXEN WQHD, Windows 11.

51 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

and tbh I have the feeling it might be related to what we have seen yesterday

I had a similar feeling. Jörg always says they don't want to impede on 3rd Party Developers with their projects and want a healthy environment to everyone to thrive in.

I guess that mainly means 3rd Party developers who actually have to live off their products and not freeware developers like you guys.

Lets hope we are wrong and your provider will not jump ship on you.