Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Local Legend 10: Boeing 307 Stratoliner

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

21 minutes ago, Fielder said:

That is one hell of a control tower there.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Huddison weighed in with this 2 hours ago:

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Aeroplane Heaven? Nah…..

so, from this can we assume that you might otherwise be interested in purchasing a default level airplane for ten bucks, but not if it's Aeroplane Heaven?  Did they kick your dog or something?  Tell me what I'm missing, why are they deserving of this disdain from you and others on this thread?

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

so, from this can we assume that you might otherwise be interested in purchasing a default level airplane for ten bucks, but not if it's Aeroplane Heaven?  

Correct. I have several aircraft by AH and they’re all hanger queens.

I won’t pretend I can judge them on their flying characteristics but from a modelling and texturing point of view, in my opinion they’re all below the standard we know can be achieved in MSFS 2020.

I don’t just mean the more expensive add ons from 3rd parties but some of the previous    cheapie releases by Microsoft in the Famous Flyer/Local Legends releases.

The texturing and modelling of the stock planes that come as standard with the sim are also far in advance of what AH are capable of in my opinion.

Does anybody use that plane in VR ? Is the cockpit size correct, or is it again a child-size toy like the default DC-3 ?

2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Correct. I have several aircraft by AH and they’re all hanger queens.

I won’t pretend I can judge them on their flying characteristics but from a modelling and texturing point of view, in my opinion they’re all below the standard we know can be achieved in MSFS 2020.

I don’t just mean the more expensive add ons from 3rd parties but some of the previous    cheapie releases by Microsoft in the Famous Flyer/Local Legends releases.

The texturing and modelling of the stock planes that come as standard with the sim are also far in advance of what AH are capable of in my opinion.

I have a couple, and mine are hanger queens because I'm not overly jazzed for old aircraft other than the DC3,  but the DC3 is perfectly serviceable for its price and intended level of fidelity, I guess I'm just not as picky, but the texturing sure isn't outrageously hateful from my point of view, to the level that would inspire this sort of dev shaming.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

but the DC3 is perfectly serviceable for its price and intended level of fidelity, I guess I'm just not as picky, but the texturing sure isn't outrageously hateful from my point of view, to the level that would inspire this sort of dev shaming.

I guess your not as picky. Congratulations.

As far as I’m concerned you’re certainly entitled to your opinion and I believe I’m entitled to mine.

Am I shaming them? Hope so.

In my opinion they produce consistently sub-standard products. I don’t believe I’m alone in this opinion either and I hope if enough people point this out they’ll up their game in the texturing and modelling department.

For what it’s worth, the price point reflects the amount of effective subsidy Microsoft are willing to stump up to provide us with these low-cost or free planes.

Thats good of them but I can only regret that they’re approaching Airplane Heaven to provide some of these. 

Have a nice day…I guess.

• Like 1

Hopefully this thread moves on to those wanting to appreciate and enjoy this gem.  Personally, if you aren’t interested in the aircraft, move on., you are just a dark cloud that pollutes every positive thread here.

• Like 6

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

58 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I guess your not as picky. Congratulations.

As far as I’m concerned you’re certainly entitled to your opinion and I believe I’m entitled to mine.

Am I shaming them? Hope so.

In my opinion they produce consistently sub-standard products. I don’t believe I’m alone in this opinion either and I hope if enough people point this out they’ll up their game in the texturing and modelling department.

For what it’s worth, the price point reflects the amount of effective subsidy Microsoft are willing to stump up to provide us with these low-cost or free planes.

Thats good of them but I can only regret that they’re approaching Airplane Heaven to provide some of these. 

Have a nice day…I guess.

well, gee  thanks.  I am capable of having a nice day without your "well wishes" thanks, and am having one currently.

But I asked a question, and I got an answer.  you feel they should be ridiculed for not being as nice looking as some would like.  It's fair enough, and certainly if it's not your thing don't buy it.  I think most can evaluate what they see and make their own decisions, and I'm sure the shame of a few forum sim snobs won't outweigh the sales data at the end of the day.  so as far as Aeroplane Heaven and Asobo are concerned it's likely a non issue.

It does make discussing anything here amazingly tedious though.

Aeroplane Heaven, Aerosoft, Carenado, whoever get pulled through the ringer every time.  mostly without explanation of their "sins" (which is usually just not making the product they want)  other devs are allowed to do whatever...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Hopefully this thread moves on to those wanting to appreciate and enjoy this gem.  Personally, if you aren’t interested in the aircraft, move on., you are just a dark cloud that pollutes every positive thread here.

Is this ‘a positive thread’? I didn’t realise.

It mentions nothing about requiring positive or negative posts in the title as far as I can see.

Please, I invite you to open another thread with a title along the lines of ‘I wish to elicit positive opinions of “this gem”. Be aware I will suppress any negative opinions I don’t agree with’.

I promise I won’t post in that thread.

Meanwhile, whilst we are allowed to post our opinions in Avsim I will continue to post mine and I will continue to avoid suppressing other opinions too.

If either of you feel unable to do this or harbour resentment that another member of the forum has dared to express an opinion contrary to your own I suggest you take advantage of the ignore function this forum provides us with.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

A lot of generalised, hand-wringing nonsense 

Don’t like my opinion? Find other opinions ‘tedious’?

Again - I invite you to make use of the ignore function.

My planes are better than you all's !😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Is this ‘a positive thread’? I didn’t realise.

It mentions nothing about requiring positive or negative posts in the title as far as I can see.

Please, I invite you to open another thread with a title along the lines of ‘I wish to elicit positive opinions of “this gem”. Be aware I will suppress any negative opinions I don’t agree with’.

I promise I won’t post in that thread.

Meanwhile, whilst we are allowed to post our opinions in Avsim I will continue to post mine and I will continue to avoid suppressing other opinions too.

If either of you feel unable to do this or harbour resentment that another member of the forum has dared to express an opinion contrary to your own I suggest you take advantage of the ignore function this forum provides us with.

Well, here's my opinion.  You can make your point without the arrogance.

• Upvote 5