Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Interesting Youtube channel with P3dV6 content...

4 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

Moderators - recommend closing this one. People can readily find the content in question and the trolls are out in full force.

No trolling happening its just facts.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Well, this thread was initiated by me after having found adam77's youtube channel, when I was trying to find media recorded already with v6.

adam77 has a few really valuable videos explaining how to install addons supposedly not compatible with v6 but which do after all work pretty well.

He also gives a worth of important hints about configuration optimization and so on.

For someone willing to give P3d v6 a try, like I am specially after the announcement of ActiveSky being available for v6, his channel is certainly very useful, and I am grateful for his explanations.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

8 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

5000 downloads doesn’t meant there are 5000 P3D users 

No, it could be the one remaining P3D user that needed 5837 downloads.
In fact, there are plenty of "users" who are still happy with FS2004 and FSX,
as well as all versions of P3D and indeed X Plane.
It's just that they are far too busy enjoying their flights, to come here and tell you all about it.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, adam77 said:

I can see with what Ive said about MFS is controversial, but its the truth, not conspiracy theories or lies, the simple truth. We in P3D are losing certain addons for v6 because MFS are creating an exclusive contract for development with MFS in their Partnered program. That is really bad to treat a community like that..

Sorry that has conspiracy theory written all over it without any evidence. So all these major devs (PMDG, A2A, FSL, etc) are outright lying when they say their P3D sales #s have dropped so much while MSFS has done the opposite, so thus their focus on that sim? What are your sources and proof that MS is creating exclusivity contracts with these devs? And for a minute even if one were to believe this theory and all what you say, why would these devs choose to get into such binding contracts if that boxes them into MSFS and lose out on P3D sales?

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

16 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Sorry that has conspiracy theory written all over it without any evidence. So all these major devs (PMDG, A2A, FSL, etc) are outright lying when they say their P3D sales #s have dropped so much while MSFS has done the opposite, so thus their focus on that sim? What are your sources and proof that MS is creating exclusivity contracts with these devs? And for a minute even if one were to believe this theory, why would these devs choose to get into such binding contracts if that boxes them into MSFS and lose out on P3D sales?

Wouldn't they not care about getting into a binding contract that makes them make MSFS stuff only because apparently they are making tons of money on MSFS.

On 7/9/2023 at 6:32 PM, adam77 said:

I can see with what Ive said about MFS is controversial, but its the truth, not conspiracy theories or lies, the simple truth. We in P3D are losing certain addons for v6 because MFS are creating an exclusive contract for development with MFS in their Partnered program. That is really bad to treat a community like that..

This right there is exactly what I decribed as PATHETIC. I can't believe he actually repeated that......

16 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Wouldn't they not care about getting into a binding contract that makes them make MSFS stuff only because apparently they are making tons of money on MSFS.

What is the point of speculating something like that with zero proof?

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 minutes ago, Krakin said:

What is the point of speculating something like that with zero proof?

Why so worried about that?

I don't understand. It's Adam's opinion and it is up to the developers to respond.

Edited by Juliet Alpha
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

It's not like MSFS or X plane users don't have their own opinion as well.

Some of the stuff coming out of MSFS users mouths is far worse than what Adam has said.

The fact that people have to be excited and happy that support for P3d is dropping is down right disappointing.

In the end we are all flight simmers no matter what platform we use and people should just support others right to use that choice of sim.

The more choice we have as simmers, the better for everyone.

If you do not like that community then just ignore it instead of carrying on like, i want to say kids, but they have better manners than some people on here.

Edited by anzac1977
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

So now were calling statements passed off as fact, opinions......interesting.

• Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

@Krakin If you ask me, I thought about that too (possible deals between MS and "this guy and that guy"). There were weird things even before the launch of MSFS and how it was all done... but there you go, it's just a thought without proof.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

P3Dv6 is gaining Momentum!

Who knows 3pds like PMDG, FSLABS, A2A - - - REAL AIR !!!! - - - can't redefine their strategy?

We would all gain from that, specially those who have invested a good deal of money in their P3D setup.

I just need to be sure my FSLabs A319 and 320 can be successfully installed and in P3Dv6.

Honestly I find those second to none...

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

Real Air? I don't think so...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

I do not think you can even download their aircraft anymore.

I tried the other day but no luck.

2 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Well, I mean at least being able to support the migration of his products to P3dv6. Rob has even tried to do some mods for MFS... why not for P3dv6? I don't mean having him developing new aircraft like we had in the past, but...

Main Simulation Rig:

Just now, anzac1977 said:

I do not think you can even download their aircraft anymore.

I tried the other day but no luck.

😞

Main Simulation Rig: