Sign in to follow this  
CapnCrunch

Roman Design released CYYJ

@Bert Pieke @micstatic  @Paul J You should be able to download it now. At least I was able to download the zip file just now. Go to the "Downloads" page again, make sure you are logged into your account.

I also could not download it earlier, but it seems to be fixed.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Yes: Roman is good to talk with, and he has fixed the links over the last five minutes, so Bert's and Dave's  should be good to go as well. This is the most excitement I've had since Kitty was  pup!!

• Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

18 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Yes: Roman is good to talk with, and he has fixed the links over the last five minutes, so Bert's and Dave's  should be good to go as well. This is the most excitement I've had since Kitty was  pup!!

Yup, link is working now! 😎

• Like 2

Bert

7 hours ago, pmb said:

Can anyone compare this to the SimAddons version?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

I don't have SimAddons, but here is the interior of Roman Design's CYYJ:

BYGDNqW.png

From my understanding the interior of CYYJ from SimAddons isn't modeled at all.

8 hours ago, pmb said:

Can anyone compare this to the SimAddons version?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

Here are more comparisons. It looks like SimAddons has an older rendition of CYYJ? Here is a real life 2018 photo of the Departure entrance from vicnews.com:

11063284_web1_180119-PNR-airportfile2.jp

Here is SimAddons:

cyyj01.jpg

Here is Roman Design's CYYJ:

xvP4UYX.png

The SimAddons CYYJ has a blue departure sign. The SimAddons also has a blue wheelchair spot right in front of the yellow school bus, which is no longer there in 2018. I think that may have been from a long time ago? Roman Design's CYYJ is much closer to the 2018 photo. To be honest though, I haven't been to CYYJ for ages, although I used to live in Vancouver. So I am going by the photos too.

Edited by abrams_tank

4 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't have SimAddons, but here is the interior of Roman Design's CYYJ:

BYGDNqW.png

From my understanding the interior of CYYJ from SimAddons isn't modeled at all.

I didnt walk inside, but I saw parallaxis of interior from the apron, moving people, and more nice features. SimAddons has upped their game quite a bit for MSFS and (IMHO) are often underestimated.

Just have a look on their product page

https://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_cyyj_msfs.htm

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for comparing, that's remarkable indeed. Even more as Simaddons version was released in February 2022 and updated several times over the last year via their updater.

Anyway, food for thinking.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

12 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

The SimAddons CYYJ has a blue departure sign.

He loves using that almost electric blue on most of his projects. 

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

7 minutes ago, pmb said:

I didnt walk inside, but I saw parallaxis of interior from the apron, moving people, and more nice features. SimAddons has upped their game quite a bit for MSFS and (IMHO) are often underestimated.

Just have a look on their product page

https://www.simaddons.com/pages/simaddons_cyyj_msfs.htm

Kind regards, Michael

I think SimAddons looks decent and the details are also good. Certainly, SimAddons CYYJ is much better than their CYEG, because they got the color of the windows wrong for CYEG.

I will say one thing though. Roman Designs CYYJ comes with the seaplane terminal modeled:

LPaMAyr.png

I am a sucker for flying float planes and seaplanes in MSFS. So I am grateful that Roman modeled the seaplane terminal at CYYJ 😁

• Like 2

I do not have the Simaddons version, so cannot compare..  But as someone living in the area, I am delighted to have this version available...  First flights:   Top notch quality and no performance penalty that I can see.

Money well spent 🙂

• Like 6

Bert

24 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks for comparing, that's remarkable indeed. Even more as Simaddons version was released in February 2022 and updated several times over the last year via their updater.

Anyway, food for thinking.

Kind regards, Michael

Here is something else I noticed. Roman modeled Willingdon Road, with the light blue YYJ signs hanging on the lamp posts, on the approach to CYYJ:

1ZkJ31R.png

You can see Willingdon road with the same YYJ signs on the lamp posts in Google Map:

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.6357275,-123.4249704,3a,75y,304.26h,94.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swzReewvUb5FL-hoya-9C3A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

I think this is something nice that Roman added in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I do not have the Simaddons version, so cannot compare..  But as someone living in the area, I am delighted to have this version available...  First flights:   Top notch quality and no performance penalty that I can see.

Money well spent 🙂

Well, if you frequent CYYJ alot, maybe you can verify the accuracy of Roman's work. I am a former Vancouverite so I don't go to Victoria often and I haven't been to CYYJ for a long, long, time.

Roman has opened an official thread in the MSFS forum for feedback: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/roman-design-cyyj-victoria-international-airport/599977

Edited by abrams_tank

One more thing for the owners of Sam Scene 3D's Vancouver City Times. So far, I have not noticed any conflicts between Sam Scene 3D's Vancouver City Times and Roman Design's CYYJ.

FYI, Sam Scene 3D did model the south seaplane terminal in Victoria city. But that seaplane terminal is quite far from CYYJ so as of now, I have not noticed any conflicts between the two scenery packages, which is a good thing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, if you frequent CYYJ alot, maybe you can verify the accuracy of Roman's work.

No complaints thus far... looking really good!  🙂

• Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

no performance penalty

Thanks for mentioning that Bert. It was the one thing I wanted someone to verify because my system did struggle a bit with the YOW scenery, though that was with a lot of stuff dialed up pretty high. Now to go and get this!

• Like 2

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD