Sign in to follow this  
CapnCrunch

Roman Design released CYYJ

There are renditions for Nanaimo CYCD and the Water Aerodrome at Flightsim.to. Perhaps not Roman Design Payware quality but not at all bad and including a lot of detail.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 hours ago, Roman Design said:

Well, if he can get me a 3D-model file that can be legally converted and used in my scenery - I will be happy to add it 🙂 

Thanks for a great rendition of CYYJ.  Would you be open to do CYPK,, a great seaplane base in the area?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

You should all have a look at RK Bridger's Vancouver area bridges. The default bridges are awful, but this addon really spruces them up.

simMarket: VANCOUVER AREA BRIDGES MSFS

Wish he would add Victoria bridges, those are pretty horrible too.

Lee

Edited by Midnight Music
  • Like 2

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

You should all have a look at RK Bridger's Vancouver area bridges. The default bridges are awful, but this addon really spruces them up.

Lee

Still needed if you have Samscene..?

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Midnight Music said:

Lee

Does anybody know how this bridge package from RKBRIDGER complements Sam Scene 3D's Vancouver City Times? Or are there conflicts with Sam Scene 3D's Vancouver City Times?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 hours ago, Dillon said:

Thanks for a great rendition of CYYJ.  Would you be open to do CYPK,, a great seaplane base in the area?

I'll look into that one...

• Like 1

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

8 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

I'm so happy that both seaplane terminals in Victoria are modeled now, with Roman Design's CYYJ and Sam Scene 3D's Vancouver City Times.

8 hours ago, CapnCrunch said:

It's kind of why I'm hoping to see more heliports/pads in this area.

Now that poses a dilemma: if I model the Victoria harbour seaplane terminal, it will conflict with SamScene, but if I don't - people will be missing it in an otherwise nice package. Not sure what to do...  MSFS Marketplace doesn't support any optional packages - it has to be a single package.

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]

6 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

Now that poses a dilemma: if I model the Victoria harbour seaplane terminal, it will conflict with SamScene, but if I don't - people will be missing it in an otherwise nice package. Not sure what to do...  MSFS Marketplace doesn't support any optional packages - it has to be a single package.

You would have to upload an exclusion file, that we could download from your website, or download from flightsim.to, so that we can use your exclusion file to prevent the conflict. And I think you would also have to buy the Sam Scene 3D Vancouver City Times add-on to test your exclusion file - or maybe you can reach out to Sam Scene 3D, and they may give it to you for free, since your CYYJ add-on may conflict with their add-on.

IMO though, I would think that people that want the Victoria Harbour seaplane terminal would have purchased the Sam Scene 3D Vancouver City Times add-on already? I noticed a lot of people in this thread seemed to have already purchased it. @CapnCrunch said he/she is already using the Sam Scene 3D Vancouver City Times add-on.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Does anybody know how this bridge package from RKBRIDGER complements Sam Scene 3D's Vancouver City Times? Or are there conflicts with Sam Scene 3D's Vancouver City Times?

I have San Scene's 3D Vancouver installed and I don't notice any conflicts with the bridges addon.

Lee

• Like 2

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

21 minutes ago, Roman Design said:

No, please leave Victoria Harbour alone.  😉

Your CYYJ airport is great and so is Samscene's Vancouver/Victoria.

No conflicts, please..

• Like 1

Bert

34 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

You would have to upload an exclusion file,

That seems to be a good solution. I can do a slighly better job, looking at their video, so if I decide to make the pack,  I may just do that... As "romandesign-" comes before "samscene-" the exclusion file would be necessary, as their scenery would override my exclusions.

Edited by Roman Design

25 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I have San Scene's 3D Vancouver installed and I don't notice any conflicts with the bridges addon.

Lee

Thanks. I may consider that bridge add-on then.

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

It's specifically designed to work with SamScene. According to SimMarket:

"The package complements the 3 Asobo bridges and the SamScene Vancouver City Package 2 bridges to avoid any conflicts."

I have it and didn't find any conflict so far.

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: Just saw @Midnight Musicwas faster.😉 

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I worked at Harbour up until a week ago, so if anyone wants some info on routing, ops, VFR/IFR routing, that sort of thing, post here and I'll tell you what I can.

10 minutes ago, ResidentEVO said:

I worked at Harbour up until a week ago, so if anyone wants some info on routing, ops, VFR/IFR routing, that sort of thing, post here and I'll tell you what I can.

I was just going to ask if anybody had any video of the takeoffs and landing at the YYJ water aerodrome.  I searched Youtube yesterday and I couldn't find a single video. Just now however, I used a different search term just now and I found 2 videos: