Sign in to follow this  
paulwain

SLC- Self Loading Cargo 1.6 Update, Released This Month

Finally we have an update, I guess when it gets the release it looks like it has been worth the looooong wait. 

So excited for this update, even more excited now for the next update 1.7. 

Video is quite long but the demo was worth every minute. 😍

Edited by paulwain

Paul Wain

It has been frustrating but for 1 person to be doing it alone - and the current version we have works with few tweaks - no issue on my side I was happy with the wait 

Paul Wain

Yes it will be released along with the QW 787 and the FSL A350! 😂

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yes it will be released along with the QW 787 and the FSL A350! 😂

Right after the Airsimmer A320! 😂

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

11 hours ago, paulwain said:

It has been frustrating but for 1 person to be doing it alone - and the current version we have works with few tweaks - no issue on my side I was happy with the wait 

whats up with the excuses people continue to make for this guy? A video preview (again). He made a video in October 2021 claiming an imminent release as well. Still doesnt look like there are any emergencies although his website claims there is in V1. This update looks to have alot of redundant things we already get from GSX too. It will be funny if August rolls around and it still isnt out. Same story, different year

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

whats up with the excuses people continue to make for this guy? A video preview (again). He made a video in October 2021 claiming an imminent release as well. Still doesnt look like there are any emergencies although his website claims there is in V1. This update looks to have alot of redundant things we already get from GSX too. It will be funny if August rolls around and it still isnt out. Same story, different year

I think SLC is a sort of test for how trusting someone is. People in general like to view others through projection; If *you* wouldn't do something, it's harder for you to put yourself in the perspective of someone who would. I think really honest people are more inclined to trust SLC's dev. Speaking from experience one of the most difficult things I've had to learn through my adult life is that everyone tells you want they need you to hear, not what you need to hear.

And what people need to hear is that Steve from SLC wants people to keep buying his product regardless of the amount of time he puts into developing it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

He said in that video end of June or start of July. We'll, he's defintly missed his end of June date and I'd suggest is rapidly running out of time for his start of July.

But this should come as no surprise. Missing deadlines and misleading people is standard ops for this developer.

• Like 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

It looks like he's done a lot with the program and hopefully it will beat the woefully stunted PACX which had great potential but was ignored in terms of further development.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've got to say, as much as I have felt duped by the 1.6 update of this, that actually looks stellar and is closest to the multicrew experience I wanted when we discussed the state of passenger addons a few months ago.

The problem with PacX and LukeAirTool is that it doesn't feel like a multicrew experience. You're not hitting turbulence and telling the pax and crew to take their seat. You're not dinging the cabin at 10k feet so they can prepare the cabin and take their seats. They just don't feel "lived in" in the same way, for example, the FSLabs made such a positive impression versus the Aerosoft version of the same plane. This really seems to take the genre to a new level.

Now, I hope it at least comes out. If it does, Steve is going to have to do a little bit of housekeeping and relationship repair with all of us, because I feel like we were duped and left completely in the blind after the shutdown of the Discord, etc.

On 7/19/2023 at 1:30 PM, Squatdrop said:

Still waiting... hope it will be released soon !

😂 I hear Steve just finished at the Star Citizen University for Release Date Management. Should be any day now!

30 minutes ago, mspencer said:

The problem with PacX and LukeAirTool is that it doesn't feel like a multicrew experience.

It's such a shame that these products didn't go all in on the FSPax capabilities. In 2023 it's perfectly reasonable to expect a cabin program to have most of those 2009 era features.

FSCaptain was actually better than SLC for P3D, but they haven't made the hop to MSFS yet. If you want a product to keep on your radar: Keep an eye on FSFO (Flight Sim First Officer). It's a co-pilot addon right now, but the dev wants to branch off into FSPax capabilities and simulate the rest of the crew and the PAX. He's done really fantastic work and is active on his discord.