Sign in to follow this  
greggd

SODE update for P3Dv6

Announcement:

There wasn’t a lot of development for the last months and years, the release of MSFS has changed the simming landscape and I didn’t feel motivated enough to put a lot of effort into a freeware tool (that SODE is) to make it available in MSFS with its ever changing SDK. A substantial subset of SODE’s functionality is already provided in the MSFS SDK and one day SODE may be obsolete in terms of offered functionality. The only thing missing currently in MSFS that SODE is able to do, is a jetway system with multiple jetways.

However, there were some internal releases for Prepar3D v5, offering an interface to external SimConnect applications to control the Jetway System system by own triggers. This was asked by home cockpit builders and I gladly added that feature for those people.

One big change is the internal animation system in SODE: It had relied on SODE’s DLL in the past, making the sim itself vulnerable to crashes (CTD). Also, it was quite complicated to communicate/move data between the modules through the SimConnect interface. In V1.8.0, a custom animation engine was integrated in the main executable and it works quite nicely and it is easier to maintain. Jetways serving AI is also supported as it was in the past.

Finally, the new Prepar3D v6 is now also officially supported.

Find the new installer in the Downloads section.

Thank you and best regards.

This release will also improve SODE for earlier sims.

• Like 2

Kind Regards,

Peter

Good to see he's still alive. Maybe he can answer all the support questions he's missed for his payware VDGS. 

I noticed Orbx still has SODE v1.7.1 as the current version.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I updated to the latest SODE version, but I'm not getting any jetways or cabs at any of my addon airports in v6, such as FlightBeam, or FlyTampa, just to mention a few. Are any of you guys seeing the SODE jetways? I made sure to enable them in the configurators when I saw the option to do so. Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Yes, SODE ok for FlightBeam (Orbx) / P3Dv6 Patch 2

Did you Enable SODE Platform Manager for P3Dv6 ?

Note:

In Orbx Central I uninstall its OLD SODE (v171)

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

SODE is active and registered in the SODE Platform Manager for v6, version 1.8.0. Is that what you're referring to? It's also checked in the addons folder. 

When I open the SODE Platform Manager the logs show no issues.

Pete Locascio

Looks like I just broke SODE in v5. I deleted SODE version 1.7.1 from Orbx and v5. I installed SODE version 1.8.0 in v5 and now there are no jetways.

The SODE Platform Manager shows a line in red in the logs that says "WARN SODE.XML: No XML Files Found! Lists are still empty".

I checked the SODE XML folder, and it is indeed empty. Again, SODE appears to be registered and active in the Platform Manager.  SODE jetways are enabled in my addon airports. Since it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this same issue, it must be something I did to cause this. Any ideas?

Pete Locascio

SODE VDGS shouldn't it be updated too?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

27 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

SODE VDGS shouldn't it be updated too?

As far as I know it only installs in the sode folder and it seems to be working without any issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tamba765 said:

I checked the SODE XML folder, and it is indeed empty

I would suspect that therin lies your problem. These XMLs point to the simobjects that SODE needs to display them.

Obviousy without them and the objects, nothing can be displayed.

Re-Install them and all shoud be well.

OK, but what objects are you referring to specifically. I've never had to do this before with any version of SODE. Thanks.

Pete Locascio

14 minutes ago, tamba765 said:

OK, but what objects are you referring to specifically. I've never had to do this before with any version of SODE. Thanks.

The objects are those objects that are installed by whatever addons uses them and are usually installed at the same time as the addon itself.

Some addons have a separate SODE installer shipped with them.

Have a look in the folder named 'Simobjects' within the SODE folder tree.

Remember that you will also need the corresponding XML for each addon.