Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

B 787-8 Kuro V2.1 released

For those who like this splendid aircraft, Kuro has made it even better with a number of fixes and updates - after their initial release of version 2 immediately after AAU2 - to be downloaded here. No need to uninstall the previous version, the new installer will take care of it. Another project of Kuro is to implement the built-in EFB in a future update. Exciting times ahead for long-haulers.

FAQ are covered here. Enjoy!

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Just don’t know what is up with that nosewheel steering on this mod, its very weird and unpredictable compared to the 78X. Other than that it is pretty nice to have 788.

1 hour ago, Saffa_Jake812 said:

Just don’t know what is up with that nosewheel steering on this mod

I taxied her this morning for about fifteen minutes zigzagging on a long stretch of taxiways only to assess if I had this problem too, but had no difficulty. However, I am using the nose wheel steering on a separate axis like for all my other airliners. Perhaps see the FAQ (link above) there is one item regarding the nose wheel if I remember correctly.

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I haven't yet flown it but I have watched a YT video and it seems like an accurate lateral path capture on turns is still broken.  But it's free and otherwise nice, so I'll take it.

Edited by ErichB

I like the cockpit more than the asobo one, its the same, but the fonts are more readable and its more grey.

The FTSim plus soundmod sounds much much better than the default one. Its not free, but you get access for a few bucks.

Cant decide which one to fly for long haul, this or the headwind A330 900 Neo. Range is around the same ~13.000KM (the 787 10 has a shorter range).

Edited by Merawen

On 7/22/2023 at 11:31 AM, ErichB said:

YT video and it seems like an accurate lateral path capture on turns is still broken.

Can you describe a bit more what you mean or what you're seeing?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Can you describe a bit more what you mean or what you're seeing?

Watch the turn in this part of the video with AP on.  It doesn't roll out accurately in the new leg heading.  It overshoots and has to squirrel back to recapture the flightpath heading.

I love the plane and it has great potential even more, my biggest issues are the PFD is simply too small for me to read even with Track IR and leaning right in. The plane sometimes does not catch the glideslope and also the nose wheel steering is quite jerky. 

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

3 hours ago, flyhalf said:

I love the plane and it has great potential even more, my biggest issues are the PFD is simply too small for me to read even with Track IR and leaning right in. The plane sometimes does not catch the glideslope and also the nose wheel steering is quite jerky. 

I can't speak to all of these, but for glideslope intercept, I've realized that the best way to intercept on this particular model (but not the built-in 787-10) is to leave a VNAV decent "early" and use an FLCH descent to the GS intercept altitude rather than to rely on VNAV for a full top-to-bottom descent directly into the GP. The actual airplane can handle VNAV descents effortlessly, so it is a simulation limitation (or maybe a limitation between the MS -10 and the systems that the Kuro -8 inherits). Besides that, I have had some fantastic flights in the -8 and can't wait to see it grow and eventually get deeper systems like fire suppression/proper engine out. But for now, it is the top long hauler in my hangar and will be for some time! 

• Like 1

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

For the first time I started the initial flight procedures on this Kuro version bird, due to particularities with the PMDG, I didn't encounter many difficulties. The surprise was the modernity of the instruments, ecam, FMC, digital panels and others. Very good in-flight behavior, the work of a Premium Products add-on. Tweaks are always welcome, thanks to the developer. I would just like to know how to acquire the sound of the engines, from the two turbine manufacturers. Healthy flights for everyone

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Does anyone know if Kuro plans on releasing a v2.2 to incorporate the latest MSFS changes?

11 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Does anyone know if Kuro plans on releasing a v2.2 to incorporate the latest MSFS changes?

Not realy shure but i think it`s on there agenta - at least it should 😏

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Yes they will, but it will come sometime after the release of the Horizon 789 this Friday in which Kurt was a major contributor..

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 3

Bernard

Does anyone know if there is a GE sound pack for this 787?

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64