Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

My latest disaster...

Wow I am really happy this is working out, we have a great community on here

• Like 2

Matthew Kane

I'm thinking of starting a GoFundMe myself. I really need a Bugatti Chiron. Any chance you guys could contribute a few 100's of thousands? 

Bugatti Has Built The 400th Chiron, Just 100 More To Go | Carscoops

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks to the generosity of my friends here as well as at FSDeveloper, the goal has been met and I am hoping to arrange for my poor car to be towed to the repair shop tomorrow so it can hopefully be fixed quickly.

I had two appointments at the Veterans Administration Clinic this morning, so had to call for a ride from SCAT mini-bus service. They charged me $15 for roundtrip service, which frankly is very reasonable considering that UBER car ride wanted $60 for the same trip!!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 hours ago, martin-w said:

I'm thinking of starting a GoFundMe myself. I really need a Bugatti Chiron. Any chance you guys could contribute a few 100's of thousands? 

Bugatti Has Built The 400th Chiron, Just 100 More To Go | Carscoops

I'm asking USD$ 3.1 million for my my Bugatti Chiron Noire. If the GoFundMe guys here can meet that price it's yours. But if that isn't possible, how about something a bit better. I'll take USD$ 63 million for my 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO. Or how about USD$ 12000 for my 2014 Honda Accord (it's only been driven 103435 miles).......

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

"  The engine in the Chiron has a peak power output of 1,479 hp at 6,700 rpm and 1,180 lb⋅ft of torque " 

That's probably more horse power than a Supermarine Spitfire !!!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, W2DR said:

I'll take USD$ 63 million for my 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO.

No way! In those days the clutches were crazy heavy. Give me a modern car any day. If it hasn't got a satnav and lots of airbags, ABS traction control, electronic brake force distribution and torque vectoring its no deal. 

Edited by martin-w

7 hours ago, Fielder said:

"  The engine in the Chiron has a peak power output of 1,479 hp at 6,700 rpm and 1,180 lb⋅ft of torque " 

That's probably more horse power than a Supermarine Spitfire !!!

Lotus Evija 2,012 hp. 

16 hours ago, W2DR said:

I'm asking USD$ 3.1 million for my my Bugatti Chiron Noire. If the GoFundMe guys here can meet that price it's yours. But if that isn't possible, how about something a bit better. I'll take USD$ 63 million for my 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO. Or how about USD$ 12000 for my 2014 Honda Accord (it's only been driven 103435 miles).......

This is relatively cheap. New, lifetime maintenance free, lifetime free insurance, and lifetime easy storage. Most importantly, very affordable and available now. A work of art.

spacer.png

1/12 AUTOart Signature 2017 Bugatti Chiron (Glacier White & Atlantic Blue) Car Model - LIVECARMODEL.com

(158) Unboxing & Review: 1:12 Bugatti Chiron 2017 by AUTOart - YouTube

Edited by bofhlusr
More info

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I'd like to post a message of great social and political import...

Oh. Lord, won't you buy me a Bugatti Chiron ?

My friends all drive Porsche's, I must make amends!

Worked hard all my life, no help from my friends.

Oh, Lord, won't  you buy me a Bugatti Chiron ?

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

9 hours ago, martin-w said:

No way! In those days the clutches were crazy heavy. Give me a modern car any day. If it hasn't got a satnav and lots of airbags, ABS traction control, electronic brake force distribution and torque vectoring its no deal. 

Wimp. Real men don't need all that junk. Just give me a V12, 300+hp, a six-speed gearbox, a full tank of high-octane petrol and I'm good to go............

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 8/3/2023 at 4:50 PM, n4gix said:

I am hoping to arrange for my poor car to be towed to the repair shop tomorrow

They'll have it fixed in no time. I wonder if that pothole is still there.

"No, no, no! That regular rock! Me need Phillips!"

Edited by dmwalker
  • Like 1

Dugald Walker

On 8/3/2023 at 6:00 PM, W2DR said:

Nice try!!!!!!!!!!!!😁

Bill W

General George Scott says: "All real Americans drive Jeeps"!

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

General George Scott says: "All real Americans drive Jeeps"!

spacer.png

George C. Scott played General George Patton (as pictured).  This topic is starting on a southerly direction.  Back on track!

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well, a rollback picked up my car and took it to the repair shop Friday morning. Hopefully, I will find out tomorrow when it might be fixed!  😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator