Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Passenger2 a new approach to passenger simulation.

3 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

It seems PACX although shallow and could use some work on how the passengers and crew act and/or move around the cabin is still the only program that does this correctly.

Have you tried self loading cargo? Does exactly what you describe

8 hours ago, Lucky38i said:

Have you tried self loading cargo? Does exactly what you describe

Self Loading Cargo has alot of the same gimmicks that have the pilot do flight attendant duties although you can turn automation on which is nice. I'm personally waiting for 1.7 when he finally adds emergencies or passenger issues. Its current state still doesn't appeal to me at the moment but his roadmap in 1.7 and 1.8 does have things I desire. Question is how long will we have to wait for 😅

What do you think of it so far? Have you been enjoying it? Seems we all have been waiting for an update forever but there hasn't been much chatter about SLC

Edited by environmental_ice
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

Self Loading Cargo has alot of the same gimmicks that have the pilot do flight attendant duties although you can turn automation on which is nice

SLC in its default mode has you doing only what a real pilot would do. The flight attendant does everything else. You can do all of things that a flight attendant wouldn’t but there’s nothing forcing you to and it’s not even the default mode.

18 hours ago, environmental_ice said:

What do you think of it so far? Have you been enjoying it?

It’s great, since 1.6 none of the other solutions provide this experience.

Passenger2 announces release date and prices.

Passenger2 is now ready for launch and its release is scheduled for November 24, with a pre-sale from October 27. 

According to developer Scott Thompson, the Passenger2 presale will start on October 27, offering the software at a discounted price of £19.99 ($24.99, $22.99). After the official release, the price will rise to £24.99 ($31.99, $29.99).

Several features are available to you. Interested in running an entire airline or you just wanted to enjoy an unrestricted flight, the software is for you. You can even buy and sell aircraft, manage contracts and even create subsidiary airlines.

The updated site and trailer ----> https://www.passenger2.com/ 

As a reminder Passenger2 will be compatible with GSX.

Edited by guibru
  • Like 2

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

On 10/24/2023 at 7:24 PM, guibru said:

with a pre-sale from October 27

Tempted. Had it for FSX many years ago. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

On 10/24/2023 at 7:24 PM, guibru said:

As a reminder Passenger2 will be compatible with GSX.

What do you mean with compatible?

It says in the FAQ: Passenger2 will detect each phase of the flight from pushback to arrival. During boarding, you can set the boarding time in minutes however, you can speed up or slow down boarding at any time to help sync this stage with GSX.

It is just what you call compatible, I mean does it automate all GSX so you don't have to open GSX menu's?

Edited by rob0203

The lack of VR integration seems like a fairly large downside. Being able to scale fonts or windows so they are legible in VR is important.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:47 PM, environmental_ice said:

Self Loading Cargo has alot of the same gimmicks that have the pilot do flight attendant duties although you can turn automation on which is nice. I'm personally waiting for 1.7 when he finally adds emergencies or passenger issues. Its current state still doesn't appeal to me at the moment but his roadmap in 1.7 and 1.8 does have things I desire. Question is how long will we have to wait for 😅

What do you think of it so far? Have you been enjoying it? Seems we all have been waiting for an update forever but there hasn't been much chatter about SLC

I have bought this SLC. It is in 1.6.2.2- version and there are a lot of things that doesn't work, f.e. the seatbelt sign control. The main dev there (Stevie) is very arrogant and when asking help for this issue (also!), just replied that in his computer the sign works ok, and ´read the manual' comments. After that I was banned from their Discord channel for a week, obviously for the sake "of learning to behave". To me the main dev and creator seems to be a despot who cares only for the praise of his extravagnza app, which it is not at the moment. Constant updates and errors in operations, endless support calls which are answered as I mentioned. 

Even if the app would operate normally (like f.e. PACX) without too much hassle, I will never ever use it anymore because of the obnoxious attitude from the developer.

Fly like an Eagle...

21 hours ago, Henkka_65 said:

I have bought this SLC. It is in 1.6.2.2- version and there are a lot of things that doesn't work, f.e. the seatbelt sign control. The main dev there (Stevie) is very arrogant and when asking help for this issue (also!), just replied that in his computer the sign works ok, and ´read the manual' comments. After that I was banned from their Discord channel for a week, obviously for the sake "of learning to behave". To me the main dev and creator seems to be a despot who cares only for the praise of his extravagnza app, which it is not at the moment. Constant updates and errors in operations, endless support calls which are answered as I mentioned. 

Even if the app would operate normally (like f.e. PACX) without too much hassle, I will never ever use it anymore because of the obnoxious attitude from the developer.

I dunno seatbelt sign control works for me. 

10 hours ago, red259 said:

I dunno seatbelt sign control works for me. 

SLC is exceedingly well developed, nearly flawless despite a very intricate set of dependencies.  I think it's already a masterpiece.  The dev has been very responsive to emailed questions.  His User Manual is extensive, very easy to follow, and I love the built-in Score Checklist which is very helpful aid as you get using to managing not just the plane (APL, PACX, AH2, etc) but also the crew, both cabin and ground.   It's the best $$ I've spent on any addon, period.  Yes, the seatbelt control works fine, always.  I am having an issue w/ SLC not recognizing the state of Landing Lights in the PMDG 738, no issues w/ FBW 320NX, which the dev is looking into right now, but in the interim it's a simple matter to disable that aspect of scoring for now.  I've seen no addon of this nature that is as complete and the Settings Tab is a marvel in itself--the dev has thought of so many things.   PACX had potential, but it's beyond "simple", it's flat out lame by comparison to SLC.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X