Sign in to follow this  

1 hour ago, Captain Blackbird said:

First sneak peak WIP tease of one of our highly anticipated aircraft, the D30 ['Dirty 30'].

Now you are speaking my language! Yes!!!!

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Happy Friday Y'all✌
Here's a couple WIP pictures of our upcoming T6A ADV for ya. We're busy testing, ironing out some more bugs, and making sure this aircraft delivers a top notch experience for you.
Have a great weekend!

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

If you want to get caught up on all things Blackbird Simulations, be sure to checkout our re-upload of our latest SOTS Twitch Stream, where we lay out the groundwork/ product pipeline we have in store for 2024!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Blackbird said:

If you want to get caught up on all things Blackbird Simulations, be sure to checkout our re-upload of our latest SOTS Twitch Stream, where we lay out the groundwork/ product pipeline we have in store for 2024!

This is a major update on the SR 71 for MSFS, right? I can create a new thread for this, if Commercial members are not allowed to make a new thread. I think a major update on the SR 71 progress is worth its own thread, IMO.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This is a major update on the SR 71 for MSFS, right? I can create a new thread for this, if Commercial members are not allowed to make a new thread. I think a major update on the SR 71 progress is worth its own thread, IMO.

Not until its's released it's not, no. And as this is Milviz, who knows when that will actually be. Until then it is just yet more development shots.

• Upvote 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

You should watch it to see what's in it (it's a worthwhile, comprehensive update across most of their projects).

But as noted previously, nothing is released, everything is "when it's ready".

Hi folks,

The whole show is worth watching, but as there's interest in the SR-71 and that's my project, I'll let you in on the current status here.  I'm not saying anything that's not covered in the video, but may be adding some additional color and details.

An enormous amount of work has gone into the visual model interior and exterior.  The amount of detail and realism is amazing!  I say that not as one of the artists that did it but as the project manager and as an admirer of excellent work.  I'd say it's 99% done now.  A few details are yet to be completed (e.g. the pilots) and of course some corrections will have to be made during development and testing.  If you want to have a look there's much coverage in the video.

We're now hard at work on the systems and flight model.  The flight model is external using Blackbird's ADV system and we'll be reproducing the unique characteristics of the way this incredible bird flies as well as is possible to do it.  We aren't limited by what the sim can do.   We will likely have a simplified option for those that just want to zoom around and have fun, but rest assured that by default it will be real, and it will be a challenge to handle.  We'll have both a simplified and a realistic refueling procedure, among other things.  Yes, we plan to have leaking fuel in the hanger pre-flight.

We're aiming for 99% fidelity on the flight systems in the forward cockpit.  I can't say 100% because that's never completely possible.  99% is a high goal! 

We aren't implementing the back seat electronic gear in this version in that you won't be able to sit back there and flip the switches.  (You can look at it, it's all there visually.)  Instead you'll have a "virtual RSO" that you'll communicate with as the pilot.  The RSO will handle such things as the INS, navigation, and defensive measures like he would on a real flight.

It was my privilege to spend almost a week with Major Shul and Colonel Watson in California.  They made it so much fun for me.  (I think about Brian often and miss him.)  I learned so much about how the crew interacts in a real flight and recorded several versions of them talking back and forth as if flying in various normal and abnormal scenarios.  We'll be using that knowledge and those recordings to bring you as much authenticity as we possibly can!

When will in be in your hands?  As soon as we can get it done, but this is a big project and it will take time.  We expect to have it 100% ready in 2024 but that's not a promise, just a realistic goal.

Happy flying,
Dutch

• Like 4

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

Very Interesting.

I enjoy flying challenging and interesting things so look forward to buying this one.

I bought a nice hard back book called "flying the SR-71 Blackbird" several years ago from the Intrepid museum which breaks down a mission from start to finish including all the actual checklists and explanations for each action.

I've not got around to reading it but it will be a great companion for this simulation I think.

One thing I did read while skimming through the book just now was that touch and go's were allowed once the fuel was below 25,000lb with an approach speed of 190kts .... perfect !   

It also mentions that  all SR71 pilots were dual qualified on the T-38 to maintain recency......now I wonder when we can also get our hands on a nice T-38 for an authentic experience ?😉😉

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Hey hey all! If you caught our latest SOTS stream, you’ll know that we have a lot of exciting things to bring/ show you guys throughout 2024 - just wanted to remind everyone to join our Discord server to keep up to date with all the going-ons of Blackbird Simulations.

Hope to see y’all there :metal:

DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/9ckEx6RXsc

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Captain Blackbird said:

Hey guys! We're launching a new aircraft for our Shrike line of products - the F-86 Sabre!

If you want to learn more + see some more teases, please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BlackbirdSimulations

Yep - Great!  I will be buying it on Saturday for sure.  It had better be good!  :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.