Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

MSFS 2020 Mouse pointer

Hello, please someone can support, while loading the sim and start the flight, the mouse pointer is flashing and this happened lately.

it seems something on the background working.

please advise.

8 hours ago, GeoSkyman said:

Hello, please someone can support, while loading the sim and start the flight, the mouse pointer is flashing and this happened lately.

it seems something on the background working.

please advise.

There's lots of mouse related issues with this Sim, some workarounds are to increase the deadzones of your peripherals this seems to help in a lot of cases.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

It's not a MSFS issue: there's input from one of the control peripherals and the mouse cursor is meant to disappear every time input is detected. It's a feature, not a bug.

If that were not the case, people would complain because the cursor stayed and ruined the immersion 🙂

As suggested above, increase the dead zones in the Controls section to avoid background noise from input peripherals.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

A feature I wish I could disable. I’d gladly look at a cursor or put cursor on one of my other monitors.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

What seems to work to remove the white box for me so far, is to remove any entries for external or internal views for the mouse profile.
so far so good. 

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

On 8/12/2023 at 3:19 AM, MrFuzzy said:

It's not a MSFS issue: there's input from one of the control peripherals and the mouse cursor is meant to disappear every time input is detected. It's a feature, not a bug.

If that were not the case, people would complain because the cursor stayed and ruined the immersion 🙂

As suggested above, increase the dead zones in the Controls section to avoid background noise from input peripherals.

No- it is an MSFS issue.  It wasn't like this before SU12.  I can move my mouse across the screen and it intermittently appears.  It's super super super annoying.  And it's not fixed in SU13 beta either.

I'll try to interact with a button and it appears and disappears randomly

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It’s also annoying when repetitively clicking. It will lose focus and the clicking stops 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

What seems to work to remove the white box for me so far, is to remove any entries for external or internal views for the mouse profile.

How does one do this? I'm in SU13 Beta and the white box issue still hasn't been completely fixed. It's better, but it's still there. I know it's a beta and there's room for improvement, but I'm surprised they're still having issues with his bug. It's really annoying. 

7 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

How does one do this? I'm in SU13 Beta and the white box issue still hasn't been completely fixed. It's better, but it's still there. I know it's a beta and there's room for improvement, but I'm surprised they're still having issues with his bug. It's really annoying. 

I'm surprised they struggle with mouse related issues at all, with the keyboard it's the single most used peripheral in PC history, coupled with Xbox (controllers) being over 20 years old it beggars belief that they're struggling to code for them correctly.

I've never ever known a game or simulation of any type to struggle with a simple mouse pointer as much of at all, if they did it was fixed very quickly. I'm willing to accept that bugs & issues of course happen that's a given in any software development, but this white dot nonsense has been going on for two years now (only recently brought to light as it started affecting many more people in AAU2) and the mouse lagging & pointer issues in VR has been known since December 2021....

I find it incredible that they can create something so amazing, but continue to completely struggle with the very basics. Jorg needs to sort his team out, he's the boss, he needs to have words.

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

14 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

Hey Jude, I would also appreciate it if you could provide some details on how to go about doing this.  

Thanks.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

Go to Control options -> Mouse -> delete any references to camera. 

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 hour ago, TexasGary said:

Hey Jude

Nice memories.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

Go to Control options -> Mouse -> delete any references to camera. 

I deleted all of the camera entries in my Mouse profile, but unfortunately I am still seeing the white square and dot in the PMDG 738.  But thanks for the tip Jude, hopefully the next SU will fix it for the rest of us.

Gary M.

| PPL ASEL |

System Specs: W11 Pro, Corsair 4000X Mid Tower, Z790 Aorus Master Motherboard, i9-13900KF, 64 GB DDR5 SRAM, RTX 4090, Dell AW3821DW Monitor, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, MFG Crosswind Pedals,TrackIR

I don't get the white dot, but the white square returns sporadically. Unfortunately every time I try to take a screenshot, it disappears. 

Jude Bradley

It's weird how many mouse issues.  Two different things.  The disappearing mouse which should be able to be turned off.  Then the white dot.