Sign in to follow this  
Abrupto

Fenix A320 not centered on take off roll

5 hours ago, WestAir said:

What do you do during engine out procedures or times when full ruder authority is required?

I would hold a button on my joystick which brings back full rudder authority. Can easily be set up in AAO.

But I have never encountered a situation when it was needed so far, except for sideslips in smaller aircraft.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

OK, i fit my settings to the tipps here in this thread and it is much better, so I am very satisfied like it is now, glad i am not to buy another hardware ( rudderpedals ) 🙃

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I have tested yaw channel on ground with ch and thrustmaster pedals and tca sidestick - every control with every AC is more or less skidding or floating (better description for the behaviour) with linear adjustments, now i have set sensitivity both at -30 and extremity dead zone at 50, all other to default. Now i can hold the line during TO and Rollout. Seems to be the MSFS rudder effecxtiveness during ground roll is not really optimized... of course Auto-Rudder to Off. Best regards

Ralf Andreas

17 hours ago, Abrupto said:

Hi Bobsk8,

I have thrustmaster rudder pedals. Is it possible for you to share your rudder settings?

Thank you!

Sensitivity for rudder -29

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Even with a good set of rudder pedals it can be pretty hard to hold centerline. Even at slow taxi in some planes I often have to stomp nearly full left or right rudder if there's a crosswind. It's almost like if you get above 10kts or so, the ground friction turns almost completely off and the wind blowing on the rudder swings the nose into it. It's still better than FSX/P3D which always felt like you were driving a Zamboni when you were taxiing around, but it does get annoying having to adjust rudder trim every time you turn onto a different taxiway. 😄

There are a couple of planes (P51 I'm lookin' at you) where even full deflection of rudder and less-than full power isn't enough to keep the plane on the runway, and I'm sitting there hitting the brake on one side on the takeoff roll. That might have gotten better, not sure - haven't flown a P51 since shortly after the Reno pack came out.

5 minutes ago, eslader said:

Even with a good set of rudder pedals it can be pretty hard to hold centerline. Even at slow taxi in some planes I often have to stomp nearly full left or right rudder if there's a crosswind. It's almost like if you get above 10kts or so, the ground friction turns almost completely off and the wind blowing on the rudder swings the nose into it. It's still better than FSX/P3D which always felt like you were driving a Zamboni when you were taxiing around, but it does get annoying having to adjust rudder trim every time you turn onto a different taxiway. 😄

There are a couple of planes (P51 I'm lookin' at you) where even full deflection of rudder and less-than full power isn't enough to keep the plane on the runway, and I'm sitting there hitting the brake on one side on the takeoff roll. That might have gotten better, not sure - haven't flown a P51 since shortly after the Reno pack came out.

Anyone wants some rudder practice, try flying the A2A T6 Texan in P3D. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This is, IMHO, one of those things I feel like the Asobo Devs have hinted to being fixed in the next sim.

They were working on a new friction model with 3d wheel dimensions for 2020, and then that went dark, and now 2024 is supposed to roll out with new physics improvements. I think on day one of the new sim we'll get the inertia and friction model we so desperately need in this sim for ground roll.

Until next year? Adjust sensitivities.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

A2A T6 Texan in P3D. 

What a good example of a well-made plane in real life and by A2A, as I miss the version of A2A is highly immersive.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, polosim said:

What a good example of a well-made plane in real life and by A2A, as I miss the version of A2A is highly immersive.

Took me awhile to sort out the landings in that aircraft in a crosswind, without ground looping it.