Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde released

1 minute ago, chapstick said:

Pointing out that it’s a past issue makes sense but asking him to edit it is a bit heavy handed. 

No it’s not. Bob Scott has hidden posts with no warning when this has come up. I’m giving @CO2Neutral a chance to keep most of his post which is very pertinent.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, JohnH90 said:

Unfortunately still waiting for a response to my second ticket, they do state it can take up to 2 business days which its now over. I've been told on the forum yet again that the problem must be at my end, with no offer of further help. 

Can't say I'm impressed by this lack of support. Certainly not for a product that I paid £80 for. 

I see you’ve posted again but no help on the forum after several hours. Another poster has the same problem. It will be interesting to see how his is handled.

They must know what the code is doing and if it fails a far more helpful message could be displayed.

I can confirm that installing Concorde requires no user permission for the Windows Firewall.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

29 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I installed it today and there were two messages about my config file being changed to optimise Concorde operations. I have no idea what those are but I wish they’d be more transparent about what their changing.

I don't know about Concorde, but I do have their buses. As soon as I change AA to something other than 2xMSAA, I get a config message proposing to switch to 2xMSAA. If I untick this, the "Restart" button is changed to "Continue" and FSL stops nagging you about this.

I remember they also proposed changes to affinity mask settings, but I always unticked and continued. I guess these are the same messages you're getting with Concorde.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Luis, I set 4xMSAA today as the 4090 can easily cope. If they keep changing it back to 2XMSAA without user consent I won’t be happy.

I’ve not seen anything referencing Affinity Mask. They’re out of order if they’re interfering with that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If any product automatically changed my AA from 4xSSAA without an option to disable, then I would not be using that product again. Config settings on my own PC are set by me only.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

If any product automatically changed my AA from 4xSSAA without an option to disable, then I would not be using that product again.

But you’ve paid for it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

That would be a problem, so waiting to see reports like this before making purchasing decisions is probably a sensible course of action :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

17 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That would be a problem, so waiting to see reports like this before making purchasing decisions is probably a sensible course of action :wink:

I’m sure I’ve seen you post in the Concorde Lounge that is available to everyone.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/forum/104-the-concorde-lounge/

Maybe ask the question there?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/5/2023 at 10:15 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

I have no idea what those are but I wish they’d be more transparent about what their changing.

They change your AA settings.

Feel free to remove whatever it is that offends or is inaccurate in my post.

I'll wait for the V6 version, sounds like lots of bugs need to get sorted out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

They change your AA settings.

I'll wait for the V6 version, sounds like lots of bugs need to get sorted out.

I’ll check those, thanks. You could be waiting a long time. After all the bugs have been fixed in v5 their next priority is getting it out for MSFS. Only then will they look at v6.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

One week on and still not had a reply to my support ticket and the problem still exists. Disappointed to say the least.

That's weird. They've always answered me so quickly...

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

They did with my first bug report but then after I was told to discuss via the forum the communication has been poor. I guess I'll have to accept the problem "is on my side" and have a half broken product.

I'll probably wait until the next update and see if anything fixes the issue. If not I'll have to kick up a fuss again.

Edited by JohnH90

@JohnH90, you could ask for the IP address and port number of the remote site the software is trying to access. I agree it’s very poor to ignore a ticket and tell a customer to use the forum. Who amongst paying customers is going to have the inside knowledge to help?

No one which is why staff have to help. You could tag Lefteris Kalamaras as he will know.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If you never get to the bottom of it and want to dive down the technical rabbit hole, you could use a piece of software like Wireshark to analyse the data being sent whilst running P3D with the Concorde. That should reveal what in- and outbound traffic is happening, IP and ports used and what the packages are doing. Might even be able to identify the failure point of the package.

Though Wireshark does have a bit of a learning curve.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB