Sign in to follow this  
Accolade

The single-engine aircraft most faithful to real piloting

Good morning,
What do you think is the most faithful single-engine aircraft to real piloting.
The one who reacts the same as in real life.
THANKS

This can't be serious!! Anyone who has been near this forum since the A2A Comanche has come out will have hundreds of posts to read with the answer. Do we need to go through it all again?

• Like 5

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

8 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

ça ne peut pas être sérieux !! Quiconque a été près de ce forum depuis la sortie de l'A2A Comanche aura des centaines de messages à lire avec la réponse. Avons-nous besoin de tout recommencer ?

I'm not talking about engine realism or mechanical aging, I'm asking for flight fidelity. Reaction of the plane to the stick, reaction turbulence, reaction to the rounding of the landing.
If you tell me it's the Comanche, I don't have that plane because it's not in the FS2020 Market Place. And I don't know how to install a third-party aircraft. forgive my ignorance

With most planes, including the Comanche, you download a .zip file which unpacks to a folder full of folders. You put that parent folder into your Community folder and it appears in MSFS. You choose it to fly just like you choose any default plane.

The unzipped parent folder for the Comanche is:

a2a-aircraft-pa24

------------

Default locations for the community folders are:

Microsoft store:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Steam:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Retail Disc:

C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\Community

One person's answer to your question is not too important. But if you saw a poll of 100 MSFS users, then the Comanche would win.

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Edit - beaten to it by Fielder! :smile:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

The only powered planes I have flown in the RW are the 152 and the 172 so I can't really compare the way any of the others react but I can say from experience that the default 152 and 172 in the sim are pretty close to what I have experienced in real life.

I've also flown hundreds of times in gliders and that is very different to the experiences I get in the sim.

As for flying the heavies, I have no idea how they fly in real life so perhaps one of the jet jockies here could tell us how he or she feels about it.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

39 minutes ago, Fielder said:

With most planes, including the Comanche, you download a .zip file which unpacks to a folder full of folders. You put that parent folder into your Community folder and it appears in MSFS. You choose it to fly just like you choose any default plane.

Mine came as an executable which installed itself in the correct location automatically.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

35 minutes ago, cianpars said:

The only powered planes I have flown in the RW are the 152 and the 172 so I can't really compare the way any of the others react but I can say from experience that the default 152 and 172 in the sim are pretty close to what I have experienced in real life.

I've also flown hundreds of times in gliders and that is very different to the experiences I get in the sim.

As for flying the heavies, I have no idea how they fly in real life so perhaps one of the jet jockies here could tell us how he or she feels about it.

Not a real pilot myself but from what I have learned when researching some of the aircraft I have in MSFS these are quite realistic. For both there are upgrades available to make their systems and istruments more realistic as well. For the 152 as freeware, the 172 as payware.

The Milviz/Blackbird Cessna 310 also behavious very realistic according to discussions between pilots I found on the internet.

• Like 3

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

The A2A Comanche is the gold standard of GA aircraft without a doubt.

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Have you all flown the Comanche and these other aircraft irl? 

From aircraft I’ve flown IRL and in the sim the 152 and 172 are the most realistic. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Accolade said:

I don't know how to install a third-party aircraft. forgive my ignorance

If you buy the plane at A2A you will download a executable file which install Comanche in the correct location automatically, it is just as simple as that, no need to do anything else.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

If you buy the plane at A2A you will download an executable file which install Comanche in the correct location automatically, it is just as simple as that, no need to do anything else.

What’s the reason A2A are going this way still with their aircraft, I think all other devs are on marketplace now.

Obviously except the ones with the independent developers working on a project and their separate agreements like Heavy decision etc have. 

1 minute ago, g-liner said:

What’s the reason A2A are going this way still with their aircraft, I think all other devs are on marketplace now.

Obviously except the ones with the independent developers working on a project and their separate agreements like Heavy decision etc have. 

Maybe because selling on marketplace cost money and updates takes forever to get out to their customers.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Maybe because selling on marketplace cost money and updates takes forever to get out to their customers.

Sure but it opens the products up to a far larger market. 

Obviously most devs do both but A2A seem to be the only aircraft dev apart from fenix now not selling on marketplace and directly. 

Flyby wire and heavy division and the other modders aren’t there either but that’s more about their IP rules I think. 

Edit - actually found a link to a thread where A2A appear to be planning a marketplace release.

Hopefully a console release is on the way also then!

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=150&t=74755#p566730

Edited by g-liner