Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

HJET update

Not sure what I expected, but after testing the Cirrus Jet update I think I expected at least some of long-standing issues to be resolved. 

The aft-facing front-right passenger seat is still pushed into the side of the fuselage (has been since launch). The cabin carpet is still absurdly low resolution (and unrealistic scale). The markings for the electrical switch panel are so low in resolution they are illegible (this is a new issue).

On the Cirrus Jet the aircraft menu has been moved to an iPad. The HJet still uses the MFD (unrealistic). It surprises me that some of these issues passed beta testing, much less a release well after initial release. 

I find this surprising after the fantastic job that the developer has done elsewhere with the aircraft. 

Question:  Have you gone to the FlightFX (developer) discord and posted these observations or have you only complained here?  If here only, you do yourself and the developer a disservice. 
I have the HJet and the VisionJet also and I am quite pleased with both but as wise men have said:  YMMV and TANSTAAFL.

And just what the heck is a “Cirrus Jet”?  Should that be the title (Cirrus Jet update) of your somewhat conflated post?

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

when did this update come out anyway?  I just bought it this morning.  So looking to see if I'm on the latest

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

when did this update come out anyway?  I just bought it this morning.  So looking to see if I'm on the latest

In the ORBX application, I see version 2.1.1. There is no other update.

spacer.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Not sure what I expected, but after testing the Cirrus Jet update I think I expected at least some of long-standing issues to be resolved. 

The aft-facing front-right passenger seat is still pushed into the side of the fuselage (has been since launch). The cabin carpet is still absurdly low resolution (and unrealistic scale). The markings for the electrical switch panel are so low in resolution they are illegible (this is a new issue).

On the Cirrus Jet the aircraft menu has been moved to an iPad. The HJet still uses the MFD (unrealistic). It surprises me that some of these issues passed beta testing, much less a release well after initial release. 

I find this surprising after the fantastic job that the developer has done elsewhere with the aircraft. 

????  The Hjet very closely models it's real world counterpart and has nearly univeral acclaim.  The Hjet uses the accurately modeled state-of-the-art Garmin G3000 Garmin Touch Controllers.

Who TF when flying looks at cabin carpet? I am very happily piloting my Hjet, not climbing aboard as a pax staring at carpet. I am so focused on flying that I do not even know how to look at carpet in any aircraft. Perhaps we now need an operating vacuum cleaner in the sim so so-inclined users can vacuum up crumbs off the carpet left by passengers. Or pray-tell, need to clean the Hjet's toilet!  Did a pilot leave behind a soiled coffee cup?  Give me a break! Give me a break! Perhaps a supply of Kit Kat candy bars would help!  or perhaps a Snickers bar!

The switch panel anolomoly has been noted and affects only some users.  An interim update has been clearly announced and should correct that issue, next Thursday 8/24.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 6

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

"Captain, sir, I'll volunteer for the dirty clean up duty."

Kirk: "I don't trust you, Harry Mudd, this is some kind of trick"!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

@btacon

Yes and no. They/he will be ware off of the issues, I assume it's just not a priority. If you sit down, close your eyes and breathe deeply then you will likely figure out that a Cirrus Jet is, bingo, the jet manufactured by Cirrus Aircraft. I hope you too have a nice day. 

@Sky_Pilot071

I agree, it is an awesome jet and I do actually enjoy it a lot. Same applies to the Honda Jet (which seems to be modelled to a much higher standard).

@micstatic

The update was about a week/10 days ago. I'm sure yours is the current version (have low re placards under the MFD? 😜 ).

@fppilot

HJet acclaim: I know, this is why I praised the rest of it and the root of my surprise by the oversights elsewhere. Cabin carpet: I do, as does anyone else the dev had in mind when he invested the no-doubt enormous amount of time modelling and texturing the aft-of-the-intrument-panel area. Glad to hear about the switch panel update – valuable info, I thank you for that bit and the attempt at humour in your other comments.

I suppose what I hoped to achieve from my post is: am I the only one? Now I know I am not. Thanks to those who provided useful insight. 

Edited by lupedelupe

19 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

I thank you for that bit and the attempt at humour in your other comments.

My Hjet (and Hondajet) cockpit carpet looks just fine!  Wife says it needs cleaning!
I know, I know, "TMI"

image.thumb.png.13cf695e94d97e1fdb7eaa770d55414a.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

24 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

LOL

Your HJet has nicer pedals than my HJet.

Crosswind 3's with a small damper I added from Amazon.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

Crosswind 3's with a small damper I added from Amazon.

IMG_1733-L.jpg

• Like 7

Frank Patton
ASUS 

The aircraft however overrides default MSFS files which can affect other aircraft. Can't understand why developers do this.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3527/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU