Sign in to follow this  
waltpop

Baltimore-Washington INTL KBWI

Did a simbrief flight from KBDL to KBWI. Landing BWI on Runway 33L. Flew it twice and there was no runway 33L. Sky Vector, Simbrief and Navigraph charts shows there is  a 33L. But in the world map it shows only a 33R. Seems to be a FS2020 glitch no? Anyone else have this issue?

Walt Popowski

1 hour ago, waltpop said:

Did a simbrief flight from KBDL to KBWI. Landing BWI on Runway 33L. Flew it twice and there was no runway 33L. Sky Vector, Simbrief and Navigraph charts shows there is  a 33L. But in the world map it shows only a 33R. Seems to be a FS2020 glitch no? Anyone else have this issue?

Wow! Just looked at the default KBWI and see what you are saying. That is a huge glitch.  I mean HUGE.  33L is perhaps the busiest runway at KBWI.  I use the LVFR payware KBWI airport so never noticed that 33L is not available in the default.  Can you taxi to it and use it anyway?  Or is it just not even there?

The approach route to 33L is commonly referred to here as the Severn River approach, as much like the Potomac River Visual approach to Washington Reagan (KDCA) you can visually follow the Severn River to right up near the FAF to 33L.  33L has an ILS and two RNAV approaches published.  Looks like the Severn River Visual approach is no longer published.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

My biggest disappointment when the sim first came out! There was a lot of construction at the airport around 2015.  The sim is obviously using old data from when 15R/33L was temporarily closed.  The sim still has runway 4/22 as well which was closed around the same time.  The default is a mess so you will definitely need an addon if you plan to use it often. LVFR is the only option for now which is decent but not without some issues....

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Totally weird. The parallel runway is correctly identified as 33R, and the world map aerial image clearly shows 33L, but there's no overlay identifying the runway. Also, the runway pavement appears in sim. Clearly a bug. Amazing.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

Did you guys report this on the LVFR forum?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

25 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Did you guys report this on the LVFR forum?

It seems to be in the default. LVFR is fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

My biggest disappointment when the sim first came out! There was a lot of construction at the airport around 2015.  The sim is obviously using old data from when 15R/33L was temporarily closed.  The sim still has runway 4/22 as well which was closed around the same time.  The default is a mess so you will definitely need an addon if you plan to use it often. LVFR is the only option for now which is decent but not without some issues....

Take a look at the default airport for Easton Maryland.  KESN.  Talk about sad!  I reported it to Asobo within a week of the initial MSFS release, and on two other occasions and they never addressed it.  Luckily Avsim member Jim Brown stepped up and created a great freeware addon.  It is available on TO.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thanks guy's appreciate he come back. Thought I was doing something wrong. Didn't report it to LTVR as I  think it is a MSFS 2020 glitch, not a LTVR glitch. Will purchase the LTVR version as from what your saying is " It works" . As always "Thank You" all for the response. I know I can always rely on my fellow simmers. Happy Flying Walt

Walt Popowski

I think LVFR Baltimore BWI is very good and I highly recommend it. I enjoy all of their sceneries though and performance is usually great. Its a shame they have decided to go toward making aircraft instead. 

Yes I purchased LVFR KBWI this morning. I have always liked LVFR airports. Thanks for the come back. Walt

Walt Popowski

Be careful not to taxi too fast there with the LVFR BWI. There are some abrupt terrain changes, particularly taxiing parallel to rwy 33R.  Other than that it is quite good.  I am currently late in a flight there from Kansas City in a Hjet.  Will fly the circuitous ANTHM arrival around the north and east sides of the city setting up for 33L.  
image.png.4504f69aa3f333c651a791c74eb32b4b.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Question. The jetway tires look pretty bad in my installation. They're octagon shaped and shiny. 

Are the rest of you LVFR KBWI users seeing the same? If not, I may need to uninstall & re-install.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Buildings are suspended in the air and have holes instead of walls. The cubes are overlaid with low quality photos. Even free airports look better. It's time to completely redo it. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Flying-Hare said:

Buildings are suspended in the air and have holes instead of walls. The cubes are overlaid with low quality photos. Even free airports look better. It's time to completely redo it. 

Although much better than default, LVFR rushed this old P3D version into MSFS.  It has numerous issues (you will feel like you are off-roading on some of the taxiways) and is sloppy in some areas. Unfortunately, LVFR have abandoned their airports completely it seems...  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11