Sign in to follow this  
d.tsakiris

Questions About VoxATC

Hello,

I've been interested in VoxATC for a while now, and I’ve gathered the following questions I hope someone can answer:

1) On the website it states there are a number of TTS voices included in the Deluxe DVD offer – can someone confirm?

2) I read a gauge need to be installed in every aircraft. Is this for functionality or convenience – can VoxATC run without it?

3) Can the sound devices for sound in- and output be selected?

4) I see it reads BGL files for traffic injection, and AIGFP files are in the works?

5) Is there an official support forum?

I realize there is a demo version of the product, but I’d like to clarify as much as possible before installing it – thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Dimitrious

The best answers I can offer are whether it's vfr or ifr, pistons or prop/jetrs .... VATC has options for those which affect one's answer to yours.

but in all, vfr or ifr, TSS included in W10/11 is used / enough to "try"

but for P3D / FSX only at  this time .... & bgl's only (it is its own traffic controller), hence why it needs AIGFP's seems of no value.

for now, cheers

john martin

Dev is no longer active

ZORAN

47 minutes ago, zmak said:

Dev is no longer active

That may not be true. Rumor has it that he's working on a version for MSFS.

NAX669.png

2 hours ago, zmak said:

Dev is no longer active

Incorrect, mods please take note...

App is under active development 

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Hello,

I've been interested in VoxATC for a while now, and I’ve gathered the following questions I hope someone can answer:

1) On the website it states there are a number of TTS voices included in the Deluxe DVD offer – can someone confirm?

2) I read a gauge need to be installed in every aircraft. Is this for functionality or convenience – can VoxATC run without it?

3) Can the sound devices for sound in- and output be selected?

4) I see it reads BGL files for traffic injection, and AIGFP files are in the works?

5) Is there an official support forum?

I realize there is a demo version of the product, but I’d like to clarify as much as possible before installing it – thanks!

1. Yes but they are quite basic

2. For functionality, vox won't work for any a/c without a gauge (P3D). MSFS is different.

3. Yes

4. BGLs yes, MSFS version being developed will take account of AIGFPs 

5. Support forum is here in avsim.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Kevin.

22 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

BGLs yes, MSFS version being developed will take account of AIGFPs

The P3D version isn't being worked on to also do that?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

Incorrect, mods please take note...

App is under active development 

Nice to know

Is there an update being developed for P3Dv6?

Edited by jkeye

1 hour ago, jkeye said:

Nice to know

Is there an update being developed for P3Dv6?

I emailed the dev not long after V6 was released. They will be updating it and adding V6 compatibility, but not until the MSFS version has been released.

It is coming but do not expect it this year they said.

Hello

At the moment we are concentrating on finishing the MSFS version of VoxATC. When that is done we'll update the P3d versions and support V6. It will not be before the end of 2023 though.

Regards

VoxATC Support

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, anzac1977 said:

When that is done we'll update the P3d versions and support V6.

That's good to hear!

Best regards, Dimitrios

8 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Just to clarify this question - the gauge needs to be installed, but it's invisible in the aircraft, and there's a utility to do this automatically for any (or every) aircraft you want to use VoxATC with.  It's zero effort.

• Like 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

5 hours ago, anzac1977 said:

They will be updating it and adding V6 compatibility

indeed, @tegoid ambitions seem more about upgrades confidently/easily possible in P3D.

there "might" be a more refined traffic controller using data in the exclusive VATC airac, earlier reads of AS tafs & metars to manage runway use etc.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

My one wish, is that all of the countries use their correct atmospheric pressure.

According to wiki is the following,

Hectopascals are mostly used in aviation worldwide, while inches of mercury are used in Japan and North America.[47] One hectopascal is equal to one millibar.

4 hours ago, anzac1977 said:

My one wish, is that all of the countries use their correct atmospheric pressure.

with the current versions, one can add in the VASettings,xml, further region cultures to better define altimeter settings amongst others etc. for individual airports or countries.

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

10 hours ago, Gridley said:

Just to clarify this question - the gauge needs to be installed, but it's invisible in the aircraft, and there's a utility to do this automatically for any (or every) aircraft you want to use VoxATC with.  It's zero effort.

Thanks. My worry is more that advanced aircraft might not "like" an additional gauge being installed, but from what I've seen, that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Best regards, Dimitrios